Zone1 The Teaching Profession has a problem

Getting paid half your salary for doing... nothing.

That sounds like a pretty good deal. Better than most of us will get with Social Security.

Do you have a link?

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/LGBT-Youth-US-Pop-Sep-2020.pdf

Actually, 9.5% of children identify as LGBTQ+, about the same amount as the population as a whole.

Most retired people actually do that, except I have yet to see anyone with 50% of the salary.

WOW! Something we agree on! Who knew?

I do disagree that they receive poor pay. Not only are they paid well but they know the pay scale before their first day in college with the goal of becoming a teacher.

In my humble opinion, the vast majority of teachers work hard and want to do a good job. I blame teachers' unions and the local school boards for our problems in schools today. Outside influences, unions, and boards have turned our schools into places of indoctrination instead of education.

You want hear something funny? Many of the teachers I worked with, including myself started out in another career field other than education. So, no, they had no idea the pay suck so badly after a few years.

You want hear something funny? Many of the teachers I worked with, including myself started out in another career field other than education. So, no, they had no idea the pay suck so badly after a few years.
That's just goofy. If anyone takes a job without knowing the pay scale, how is that anyone else's fault? If someone does not believe they are being adequately compensated for their work, take steps to improve their worth.

Early in my working life, I saw that if I was to earn what I WANTED, I had to work for myself. That led to a 45+ year career as a Realtor. Along the line, I obtained my instructor's license and began teaching. I also specialized in a particularly controversial subject and wrote several courses. I auditioned and qualified to instruct for our state and national associations. I also qualified and was appointed to their speaker's bureaus.

Not one day did I think that anyone paying me owed me a certain standard of living.

That's just goofy. If anyone takes a job without knowing the pay scale, how is that anyone else's fault? If someone does not believe they are being adequately compensated for their work, take steps to improve their worth.

Early in my working life, I saw that if I was to earn what I WANTED, I had to work for myself. That led to a 45+ year career as a Realtor. Along the line, I obtained my instructor's license and began teaching. I also specialized in a particularly controversial subject and wrote several courses. I auditioned and qualified to instruct for our state and national associations. I also qualified and was appointed to their speaker's bureaus.

Not one day did I think that anyone paying me owed me a certain standard of living.
Different districts have different pay scales.

I see that Congress pay has changed. Probably because of massive kickbacks from lobbyists and corporations.

Military retirement has increased for the better.

I don't believe it is only the kickbacks. For decades it has been legal for members of Congress to trade stocks with inside information. As a Realtor, I invested heavily in real estate until I retired. Then some were in stocks and did quite well. Much older now, I'm averse to short-term losses as I may only have the short term.

IF I had the same information as congressmen, I would have invested far more and would not be cautious today.

I was an assistant principal in Florida working all year long with 2 weeks vacation. I left there and became a teacher in the school for military dependents at 10 months a year and made MORE money.
So-What%20%281%29-S.jpg

Sue you don't have to justify anything. These people will worship the billionaires but somehow vilify a teacher making a lousy 60 grand. It's laughable and simple minded.
Who are “these people” you speak of

Choose any random elementary school in rural Nebraska.

Do you REALLY think that school is overrun with the Woke Brigade teaching children to be non-binary?

Really?
If it happens at all, it’s wrong and not good. We see new examples all the time.. so how many teachers need to be busted for manipulating a child towards different genders without the parents knowing before we do something about it?

What percent of teachers do you think it is that does this sort of thing?
Any ratio over 0% is bad and needs to be opposed.. don’t you agree?

Why does the left try to protect trans-activist teachers by saying “well.. it’s not happening THAT much.. so.. why is it a big deal??”

Apply any other public funded forced indoctrination onto children and see how that logic plays out. It’s almost as if you’re admitting it’s bad, know it’s going on, but want to keep it hush hush

The level of ignorance about teacher salaries and pensions, and CRT is noted.
Most posters know very little but type like they are all knowing.
You clowns don't know shit.

There is no CRT in my school, I guarantee, I know for a FACT.
So STFU about shit you know nothing about.

As far as pension, I'm plan 3, and will get 31.8% of my salary, because I taught in WA for 31.8 years. There is a formula, but it's too complicated for simpletons to understand, so I simplified it for you.
CRT principles are being exposed in schools more and more.

This is CRT:

In January of 2021, City Journal reported that a teacher at R.I. Meyerholz Elementary School in San Jose, California recently forced a class of third-graders to deconstruct their racial identities, then rank themselves according to their “power and privilege.”

The disgusting practice of forcing children to define themselves only by their skin color.. it’s exactly what the leftist KKK did, and here are leftist schools in 2020+ doing it again

The disgusting practice of forcing children to define themselves only by their skin color.. it’s exactly what the leftist KKK did, and here are leftist schools in 2020+ doing it again
The talking points you are told by your Masters are truly misinformation.

1). The KKK, back in the day was started by Southern Conservatives (which you pretend are current day (D). Which is another LIE.

FACT is dude, that the KKK is truly a conservative thing, not (R) or (D), it is Southern Hatred towards BLACKS.

The talking points you are told by your Masters are truly misinformation.

1). The KKK, back in the day was started by Southern Conservatives (which you pretend are current day (D). Which is another LIE.

FACT is dude, that the KKK is truly a conservative thing, not (R) or (D), it is Southern Hatred towards BLACKS.
Why lie? Why not deal with facts? Even you must know that the KKK was an arm of the Democrat party. Wouldn't it be easier to deal with facts rather than try to rewrite history?

Democrats acknowledge this to be true.

Who%20arrested-M.jpg

Forum List

Back