The Supreme Court nomination mess

Old Texas Reb

Jul 17, 2018
This whole thing has gotten out of control. and has become a comic opera fiasco.

To get control of the situation, Trump has to focus on the critical objective: getting a new Supreme Court justice confirmed and on the bench before the next election at all costs. This fuzzy sexual assault accusation against Kavanaugh has tainted his name beyond rescue. Liberal Democrats will drag this out as long as they can until it finally crashes & burns.

Pres. Trump needs to ask Kavanaugh to withdraw his name for nomination and fall on his sword for the good of the party. Then, nominate the FEMALE Federal judge for the seat who was previously on the short list. She then becomes bulletproof to charges like this and gets confirmed quickly. I liked her much better than him anyway.

This whole #MeToo movement has gotten WAY out of control. You are considered guilty from the get-go against an accusation that's impossible to defend. Due process goes out the window and both your personal and professional life is ruined.

#MeToo reminds me of the Spanish Inquisition and the "Terror" in France during the years after the French Revolution! .

While I agree with you and liked her better for the appointment, I don't think Trump should ask Kavanaugh to withdraw. This then sends the signal to the Democrats that all you have to do is accuse any male appointee and they will be gone. They tried this with Thomas and it didn't work. It should not work now. Rather what they should do if she refuses to testify or testifies and is not believable it to immediately call a vote on Kavanaugh and ratify him.

Kavanaugh will not withdraw and will be confirmed in time to take a seat when SCOTUS starts the first Monday of October.

Hey, nothing like she recalls hearing, BUT has no first hand info or even KNEW BALSY to speak to her....Desperation is an awesome thing to watch!

A former schoolmate of Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser wrote a Facebook post saying she recalls hearing about the alleged assault involving Kavanaugh, though she says she has no first-hand information to corroborate the accuser’s claims.

"Christine Blasey Ford was a year or so behind me," wrote the woman, Cristina Miranda King, who now works as a performing arts curator in Mexico City. "I did not know her personally but I remember her. This incident did happen."

She added, "Many of us heard a buzz about it indirectly with few specific details. However Christine's vivid recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true."

The assertion that other people heard about and discussed an incident between Ford and Kavanaugh at the time it is alleged to have happened could loom as an important factor in any investigation of the claim.

(Excerpt) Read more at nbcnews.com ...

Some salient thoughts....

She already pulled the post down.

Seem she said it was all the buzz at school when the supposed incident happened during the summertime.

Oh gosh, all of the sudden out of the clear blue - another “corroborating” story. I just knew that someone out there (a leftist bimbo) would suddenly “remember” what Christine Ford said years ago.

So predictable. And it was predicted. More will be coming.
Somebody is looking for a Soros payday

How much does he pay?

Disqualifying assertion: “However Christine’s vivid recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true.”

506817A200000578-0-image-a-24_1537375418781.jpg

Cristina King Miranda.....where is her PINK PUSSY HAT???

This whole thing has gotten out of control. and has become a comic opera fiasco.

To get control of the situation, Trump has to focus on the critical objective: getting a new Supreme Court justice confirmed and on the bench before the next election at all costs. This fuzzy sexual assault accusation against Kavanaugh has tainted his name beyond rescue. Liberal Democrats will drag this out as long as they can until it finally crashes & burns.

Pres. Trump needs to ask Kavanaugh to withdraw his name for nomination and fall on his sword for the good of the party. Then, nominate the FEMALE Federal judge for the seat who was previously on the short list. She then becomes bulletproof to charges like this and gets confirmed quickly. I liked her much better than him anyway.

This whole #MeToo movement has gotten WAY out of control. You are considered guilty from the get-go against an accusation that's impossible to defend. Due process goes out the window and both your personal and professional life is ruined.

#MeToo reminds me of the Spanish Inquisition and the "Terror" in France during the years after the French Revolution! .
So when lib scum accuse, just quit huh? Bullshit.

I'm sure she is talking about a valid INCIDENT.
So maybe with the help of others, a consistent time place and NAMES can be confirmed.

Otherwise, is there anyone on this board, anyone on any side of this issue
who would AGREE to be accused, judged convicted and punished
on the basis of one person's account without naming the time or place the incident occurred?

How can the FBI or anyone be asked to 'investigate' if there are no details to go on
such as TIME and PLACE.

Does anyone here really agree that if you were in this man's shoes you would
want to be subject to accusations without any such confirmation of what incident is being referred to???

I know if I were the woman, and I had some complaint like this,
I would want it RESOLVED. Regardless who the people were, such
an incident should not be something anyone lies about and covers up.

So whoever it was, I would want this resolved.
not to punish anyone but to correct and make amends.
The goal should be to restore healthy relationships
and address any and all abuses by whichever parties did what.

Either fix it between you or resolve it publicly if necessary,
but don't abuse issues to punish people further without solving the real problems.

So maybe with the help of others, a consistent time place and NAMES can be confirmed.

on the basis of one person's account without naming the time or place the incident occurred?

How can the FBI or anyone be asked to 'investigate' if there are no details to go on
such as TIME and PLACE.

want to be subject to accusations without any such confirmation of what incident is being referred to???

but don't abuse issues to punish people further without solving the real problems.

Exactly Emily this is very dangerous ANYONE could accuse ANYONE of sexual harrassment without ANY actual evidence and DESTROY that persons life, this is a very dangerous Pandora's Box and it should be NOT opened. Period.

such as TIME and PLACE.

Exactly Emily this is very dangerous ANYONE could accuse ANYONE of sexual harrassment without ANY actual evidence and DESTROY that persons life, this is a very dangerous Pandora's Box and it should be NOT opened. Period.

Thank you Miss Lucy Hamilton

What if we really put a serious cost on people abusing the legal process to lie and violate due process:
What if you forfeit your citizenship if you violate an oath to tell the truth when cooperating with authorities?

If both the accuser and the accused were at risk of losing their citizenship,
would they tell the same story or leave it vague that they could be wrong?

The accuser could acknowledge it might be other people and may not be Kavanaugh.
Kavanaugh could acknowledge he could have been so impaired he has no recollection.

But if she refuses to go further, and he swears on his citizenship that he was never drunk
somewhere alone where he could ever get into such a situation to begin with,
then we'd put a stop right there.

If she was traumatized this way by someone, I'm all for seeing that those people
come forward and resolve this grievance against them.

Whoever it was should have recollection, especially whoever jumped and abetted her escaping worse consequences.
Someone has to remember that.

If she isn't making it up, then who is she referring to?
Both Kavanaugh and Mark Judge or whoever both deny any such incident involved them.
So who was there? We should focus on that!

Hey, nothing like she recalls hearing, BUT has no first hand info or even KNEW BALSY to speak to her....Desperation is an awesome thing to watch!

A former schoolmate of Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser wrote a Facebook post saying she recalls hearing about the alleged assault involving Kavanaugh, though she says she has no first-hand information to corroborate the accuser’s claims.

"Christine Blasey Ford was a year or so behind me," wrote the woman, Cristina Miranda King, who now works as a performing arts curator in Mexico City. "I did not know her personally but I remember her. This incident did happen."

She added, "Many of us heard a buzz about it indirectly with few specific details. However Christine's vivid recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true."

The assertion that other people heard about and discussed an incident between Ford and Kavanaugh at the time it is alleged to have happened could loom as an important factor in any investigation of the claim.

Seem she said it was all the buzz at school when the supposed incident happened during the summertime.

Oh gosh, all of the sudden out of the clear blue - another “corroborating” story. I just knew that someone out there (a leftist bimbo) would suddenly “remember” what Christine Ford said years ago.

How much does he pay?

Disqualifying assertion: “However Christine’s vivid recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true.”

So let's see. On the off chance that SOMEDAY Ford's attacker would become a SUPREME COURT JUDGE, she told a friend or SOMEONE in real time about the attack, thus planting the seed in SOMEONE'S brain so she could attack him with it 36 years later. That's logical.

Sure, because that's women DO! Just ask Orrin Hatch---women "get confused."

Let me tell you what women do. THEY TELL. Someone at sometime, some or all details. And if they tell someone then--others know!

(You know, let's be honest guys, it's no wonder FEWER WOMEN are getting married. That the HIGHER THE EDUCATION level of a woman, the more likely she will remain single. It's no wonder that professional/educated women in their 30's are statistically the fastest rising demographic for single motherhood)

Last edited:

such as TIME and PLACE.

What do you mean by “Not opened” like she should never have gone public with her story? Even if it is true, would you stand behind that statement?

How much does he pay?

So let's see. On the off chance that SOMEDAY Ford's attacker would become a SUPREME COURT JUDGE, she told her friend in real time about the attack to 'attack' him with 36 years later. That's logical. Sure, because that's women DO! Just ask Orrin Hatch---women get confused.
She didnt tell her friend, the broad was an upper classmate, didnt know Balsy personally and heard a rumor....but you were closer than you usually get!

How much does he pay?

So let's see. On the off chance that SOMEDAY Ford's attacker would become a SUPREME COURT JUDGE, she told her friend in real time about the attack to 'attack' him with 36 years later. That's logical. Sure, because that's women DO! Just ask Orrin Hatch---women get confused.

The accuser didn't tell her, she said she recalls hearing about an alleged incident

Read, comprehend and then comment

such as TIME and PLACE.

I posted long ago they were opening Pandora's Box....now it's opened and all someone has to do is allege something. Got a beef with someone? Accuse them of sexual assault. Don't like their politics? Accuse them. Want someone out of the way? Accuse them.

It's BS and innocent people can be ruined.

Funny how the accuser said she never told anyone about the supposed incident, yet now a classmate claims she heard about it at the time.

The DNC must be working overtime to pay...I mean find other witnesses.

Forum List

Back