Zone1 The State of American Religion

You know the "oligarchy" wants to keep religion separate and distinct from the state, right?

really -

VOUCHERS.jpg

oh look, the christian isn't lying they're just trying to be a good person ... and vouchers for schools in florida are good for everyone - not just them.

This isn’t the worst thing ever. Rejecting the Bible as the word of God was done in the 50s. Evangelical Christians elected a divorced president in 1980, 1984, and 2016. That’s actually about it. Are there other bad things that we have done that pisses God off? This video doesn’t appear to be from a government. It appears to be from a private church. So what would God be pissed at us as a nation for this silly little video?

This isn’t the worst thing ever. Rejecting the Bible as the word of God was done in the 50s. Evangelical Christians elected a divorced president in 1980, 1984, and 2016. That’s actually about it. Are there other bad things that we have done that pisses God off? This video doesn’t appear to be from a government. It appears to be from a private church. So what would God be pissed at us as a nation for this silly little video?
Well, it might be that the general population, including many religious denominations, are accepting this idea of who the "world" is. Because, God has given this "Christian Church" his laws and commandments to follow the Father in the name of the Son. The fact is, homosexual behavior in any degree is a sin and God's law says punishment is going to happen if not repented of these anti-God behaviors. Maybe confusing kids is like what Jesus said when he commanded us all not to harm the little children of all nations. He wasn't just saying physically don't harm them but also emotionally and mentally don't divide them from the Godhead.

The fact is, homosexual behavior in any degree is a sin and God's law says punishment is going to happen if not repented of these anti-God behaviors.

Romans Chapter One gives me a different impression of what homosexuality is. I thought it was evidence of a godhater. Where does the Bible say that homosexuality is a sin that can be repented of? Homosexuality is evidence that you are a reprobate not a sinner. Sins can be forgiven. A reprobate has been abandoned by God and has no hope. Folks don’t read their Bibles. Do they? You have to say Paul was a liar when he wrote Romans if you want to believe homosexuals can turn away. I give up.

Lots of people desire to steal, commit adultery, engage in drunkenness, or wish to kill someone. Very few people want to have gay sex. This is way way way way different than sin. Pride is something that God hates passionately. Gay pride is a smack in God’s face as hard as a person can smack God. You foolish Christians need to read your Bible. There is nothing to sinful about homosexuality. God never forgives that nonsense. Never! Read Romans Chapter. When you get done reading it just ignore it.

Last edited:
Romans Chapter One gives me a different impression of what homosexuality is. I thought it was evidence of a godhater. Where does the Bible say that homosexuality is a sin that can be repented of? Homosexuality is evidence that you are a reprobate not a sinner. Sins can be forgiven. A reprobate has been abandoned by God and has no hope. Folks don’t read their Bibles. Do they? You have to say Paul was a liar when he wrote Romans if you want to believe homosexuals can turn away. I give up.

Lots of people desire to steal, commit adultery, engage in drunkenness, or wish to kill someone. Very few people want to have gay sex. This is way way way way different than sin. Pride is something that God hates passionately. Gay pride is a smack in God’s face as hard as a person can smack God. You foolish Christians need to read your Bible. There is nothing to sinful about homosexuality. God never forgives that nonsense. Never! Read Romans Chapter. When you get done reading it just ignore it.
There's only one sin that is not pardonable. That is denying the Holy Ghost. What is denying the Holy Ghost? When you have been shown that God lives and Jesus is the Christ either in a vision or at the judgment seat, you are denying the Holy Ghost. That's it. All other sins are pardonable. Matthew 12:31-32. So, here is something from Paul that puts a plug in your thought, "For all have sinned, and come short the glory of God." Romans 3:23. Romans chapter 1 does say the homosexual who acts on their desires mind changes or becomes a reprobate. Not so they can't sin. But, so they can falsify their desires into believing what they are doing is right and righteous. In Mexico and South America, Catholic Priests hand out indulgences during Mardi Gra for people to go ahead and sin and be forgiven before they have sinned. "Today be merry for tomorrow we die." What you are saying is God handed out indulgences to homosexuals. No, he did not. They are sinning if they are acting out their same-sex desires and other transgendered behaviors. So, when we read Romans chapter 1 versus 24-32, God gave up on them because of "vile affections" which is sin. Not only that, in verse 29 he lumps them with all fornicators, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, disobedient to parents which many of these are part of the ten commandments. Oh, they do sin. And, they cover their sins with a reprobate mind like most criminals do when they deny they have broken a law. We all sin every day whether we are heterosexual or homosexual. Jesus Christ can atone for all those except for those who sin against the Holy Ghost.
Thanks for your response. It was good even though it missed the target a bit. I appreciate real thought.

really -

View attachment 719500

oh look, the christian isn't lying they're just trying to be a good person ... and vouchers for schools in florida are good for everyone - not just them.
Our public school systems are failing our youth. If the public school system is inadequate, parents need an alternative. Let’s say you lived in Baltimore.

Actually Florida school system did rather well thanks to Governor DeSantis who kept the schools open during the pandemic.

Still a few years back I lived in a small Florida county where the only high school had a “D” rating.

There's only one sin that is not pardonable.

Homosexuality isn’t a sin but you guys will never get that. Homosexuality according to scripture is evidence of a reprobate. God made them into reprobates. The scripture is clear. If you want to bring your 21st century American viewpoint into the discussion then go ahead. Homosexuality is not a sin according to scripture.

The Bible does talk about apostasy in the last days. And churches promoting drag queens has last days apostasy written all over it, iyam. I agree with what the girl said in the video, there's definitely a demonic agenda that targets children, especially in recent years.

The Bible does talk about apostasy in the last days. And churches promoting drag queens has last days apostasy written all over it, iyam. I agree with what the girl said in the video, there's definitely a demonic agenda that targets children, especially in recent years.

... that is the book itself, the failure that publication will incur as a subliminal recognition of their inability to represent the true events and tragedy of the 1st century and the liberation theology, self determination it knowingly misconstrues and instead created a religion of servitude.

Homosexuality isn’t a sin but you guys will never get that. Homosexuality according to scripture is evidence of a reprobate. God made them into reprobates. The scripture is clear. If you want to bring your 21st century American viewpoint into the discussion then go ahead. Homosexuality is not a sin according to scripture.
It might be that you struggle with this word, "homosexual", because you have the wrong definition of reprobate and sin. Maybe if you would understand those terms better, you would not fool yourself in thinking reprobate is a good thing that God have to homosexuals. The phrase "gave them over to a reprobate mind" doesn't mean God changed their brain. Or, "God gave them up to a reprobate mind. " Maybe it's more like "I give up on you" so you continue with your unprincipled thinking sinner who is not of the elect and is predestined to damnation because of their own choices. In other words, a reprobate homosexual causes their own mind to believe a lie so that they continue to sin. God did nothing to their brains.

It might be that you struggle with this word, "homosexual", because you have the wrong definition of reprobate and sin. Maybe if you would understand those terms better, you would not fool yourself in thinking reprobate is a good thing that God have to homosexuals. The phrase "gave them over to a reprobate mind" doesn't mean God changed their brain. Or, "God gave them up to a reprobate mind. " Maybe it's more like "I give up on you" so you continue with your unprincipled thinking sinner who is not of the elect and is predestined to damnation because of their own choices. In other words, a reprobate homosexual causes their own mind to believe a lie so that they continue to sin. God did nothing to their brains.

Okay. I didn’t say it was good. Sinners desire a lot of evil things. Gay sex isn’t one of them. I said becoming a reprobate was permanent. A sinner can repent. A reprobate cannot. Sinners don’t do nasty weird strange funky stuff. They just steal, kill, bear false witness, commit adultery, commit fornication, engage in drunkenness, and fun stuff like that. Gay sex is a whole different topic and has nothing to do with sin. It’s a matter of belligerence, defiance, and rebellion. I’m not saying the Bible is true. I’m just saying if you believe it is, you have to understand the status of homosexuality according to scripture. It isn’t petty naughty no no stuff. It’s serious business. Notice there aren’t thief pride parades or pro adultery political movements. Homosexuality is a whole nuther ball game. I don’t believe the Bible either but if you do, get it straight. Homosexuality is not a sin. It is much much much much much much worse than that according to the Bible not according to me. I think it’s all fine and dandy. I just don’t like people quoting the Bible and ignoring it at the same time. The Bible’s view on homosexuality is outrageously radical and repugnant to the 21st century American. Many people including myself have left Christianity because it is inconsistent with modern life. The New Testament’s stance against homosexuality is brutal as hell. The Old Testament just says to kill them. Just read the Bible and ignore it. I don’t really care one way or the other. I have sex with women so it isn’t really my fight. I just happen to read well and I have no motive to make the Bible say what I want it to say. It’s a freaking book. It says what it says. You can’t change it. You can only misrepresent it.

Misrepresent away until your heart is content but that sweet gay guy that you really love isn’t going to turn his heart to Jesus no matter how hard you pray.

Last edited:
Okay. I didn’t say it was good. Sinners desire a lot of evil things. Gay sex isn’t one of them. I said becoming a reprobate was permanent. A sinner can repent. A reprobate cannot. Sinners don’t do nasty weird strange funky stuff. They just steal, kill, bear false witness, commit adultery, commit fornication, engage in drunkenness, and fun stuff like that. Gay sex is a whole different topic and has nothing to do with sin. It’s a matter of belligerence, defiance, and rebellion. I’m not saying the Bible is true. I’m just saying if you believe it is, you have to understand the status of homosexuality according to scripture. It isn’t petty naughty no no stuff. It’s serious business. Notice there aren’t thief pride parades or pro adultery political movements. Homosexuality is a whole nuther ball game. I don’t believe the Bible either but if you do, get it straight. Homosexuality is not a sin. It is much much much much much much worse than that according to the Bible not according to me. I think it’s all fine and dandy. I just don’t like people quoting the Bible and ignoring it at the same time. The Bible’s view on homosexuality is outrageously radical and repugnant to the 21st century American. Many people including myself have left Christianity because it is inconsistent with modern life. The New Testament’s stance against homosexuality is brutal as hell. The Old Testament just says to kill them. Just read the Bible and ignore it. I don’t really care one way or the other. I have sex with women so it isn’t really my fight. I just happen to read well and I have no motive to make the Bible say what I want it to say. It’s a freaking book. It says what it says. You can’t change it. You can only misrepresent it.

Misrepresent away until your heart is content but that sweet gay guy that you really love isn’t going to turn his heart to Jesus no matter how hard you pray.
Well, I happen to read better than you apparently because I do not see sin as being different than homosexual behavior. Creating a reprobate mind is an act of sin. A psychopath also creates a reprobate mind to do evil and sin according to the Bible. Homosexual acts are sin as stated in OT and NT. Murderous acts are sin as stated in OT and NT. The "reprobate" mind is just an excuse of diminished capacity in modern legal verbiage. The diminished capacity is formed by things happening to a person whether the perp instigated it or not. The sin still exists. To what extent a person can repent for the acts is up to God whether or not the person has fully repented or can. As a Christian, we are required to forgive all. That doesn't mean to not prosecute the lawbreaker to the fullest extent of the law. In today's America, the murder should be prosecuted but the Homosexual should not be due to the changes in the law. But, both will still be judged according to God's laws by God.

Part of our differences might be due to my understanding of the entire Gospel compared with the mainstream Christianity you come from. In OT times, Israel had prophets that God revealed his secrets (laws, commandments, doctrines) to the people through (Amos 3:7). In NT times, while Jesus Christ was preaching for 3 years, Israel had him to reveal the current secrets Father in Heaven wanted the people to know and follow. Most of Israel, the tribe of Judah (Jews) rejected much of. After the atonement was complete with the crucifixion, the people again had prophets-apostles to pass along the Godhead's message with the assistance of the Holy Ghost. However, eventually the people themselves began to fall away or apostatize as Paul stated. Finally, when John left mortality by either death or a twinkling to a state of immortality until Jesus Christ's 2nd coming, there were no more apostles or prophets. The Holy Ghost withdrew and the people only had the light of Christ to help with knowing good and evil. As most of mainstream Christianity teaches that we only have the Bible to go on. Not so with the Church I belong to. The Church I belong to believes that Bible teaches that prior to the 2nd Coming of Christ, there will be a restoration and restitution of all things of the New and Everlasting Covenants Jesus Christ established that have been lost. Including the binding or sealing power of husbands and wives and children of families on earth so that they can be bound or sealed in heaven. Because of the great apostasy of no prophets or apostles to convey the Word to the people, this great knowledge and much more were loosed on earth so that there was no biding or connection of any kind to heaven. With this knowledge, I can confidently define sin properly as taught in the Church that teaches the only full and true Gospel in our days, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Well, I happen to read better than you apparently because I do not see sin as being different than homosexual behavior. Creating a reprobate mind is an act of sin. A psychopath also creates a reprobate mind to do evil and sin according to the Bible. Homosexual acts are sin as stated in OT and NT. Murderous acts are sin as stated in OT and NT. The "reprobate" mind is just an excuse of diminished capacity in modern legal verbiage. The diminished capacity is formed by things happening to a person whether the perp instigated it or not. The sin still exists. To what extent a person can repent for the acts is up to God whether or not the person has fully repented or can. As a Christian, we are required to forgive all. That doesn't mean to not prosecute the lawbreaker to the fullest extent of the law. In today's America, the murder should be prosecuted but the Homosexual should not be due to the changes in the law. But, both will still be judged according to God's laws by God.

Part of our differences might be due to my understanding of the entire Gospel compared with the mainstream Christianity you come from. In OT times, Israel had prophets that God revealed his secrets (laws, commandments, doctrines) to the people through (Amos 3:7). In NT times, while Jesus Christ was preaching for 3 years, Israel had him to reveal the current secrets Father in Heaven wanted the people to know and follow. Most of Israel, the tribe of Judah (Jews) rejected much of. After the atonement was complete with the crucifixion, the people again had prophets-apostles to pass along the Godhead's message with the assistance of the Holy Ghost. However, eventually the people themselves began to fall away or apostatize as Paul stated. Finally, when John left mortality by either death or a twinkling to a state of immortality until Jesus Christ's 2nd coming, there were no more apostles or prophets. The Holy Ghost withdrew and the people only had the light of Christ to help with knowing good and evil. As most of mainstream Christianity teaches that we only have the Bible to go on. Not so with the Church I belong to. The Church I belong to believes that Bible teaches that prior to the 2nd Coming of Christ, there will be a restoration and restitution of all things of the New and Everlasting Covenants Jesus Christ established that have been lost. Including the binding or sealing power of husbands and wives and children of families on earth so that they can be bound or sealed in heaven. Because of the great apostasy of no prophets or apostles to convey the Word to the people, this great knowledge and much more were loosed on earth so that there was no biding or connection of any kind to heaven. With this knowledge, I can confidently define sin properly as taught in the Church that teaches the only full and true Gospel in our days, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Well. Then sign me up for the next Adultery Pride Parade or give me the name of a couple of Political Action Committees that promotes equality among rapists. You are not dumb. I’m not buying it.

Forum List

Back