The so-called China travel ban.....the REAL hoax...Trump lies, people die

Haven’t been here a year and already over a thousand post
Might wanna get a life son
LOL A RED fan telling someone to get a life
We will win the WS. I guarantee it
And I went to Cincy U ....Koufax was my frat brother?
dang how old are you 80?
83 and Oscar Robertson one of the greatest basket ball players was there too And up until my last vote for gwb in 2000 was a republican all my life
I’m a Republican but Bush was a dork
imho trump is making gwb look good
Whatever you say Eddie haskell

From Reuters:

APRIL 5, 2020 / 7:08 AM / UPDATED 4 HOURS AGO
As Trump administration debated travel restrictions, thousands streamed in from China

"Each day that the administration debated the travel measures, roughly 14,000 travelers arrived in the United States from China, according to figures cited by the Trump administration. Among them was a traveler who came from Wuhan to Seattle in mid-January, who turned out to be the first confirmed case in the United States.""""

This is a LIE

"China Virus" is how trump labeled Covid-19; and his loyal followers have been using this xenophobic phrase. VP Biden did not cause or create the number of people coming into the US, that was an issue directly related to the incompetence and chaos in the White House.

When a leader is stumped, and waits to find a way to benefit and not be blamed for X, then S/He is not a leader. Real leaders are rational, they convene with experts and listen to them; trump puts himself first in every situation, and he is incapable of critical thinking when focused solely on himself.
It is a combined effort of Harvard Medicine and Wuhan University so indeed it is the China virus.PC be damned

In short ^^^, diplomacy be damned.; not a very bright or considered comment.

Diplomacy? It came from China dumbass, it IS the Wuhan Chinese Virus.

It is Covid-19; and you lose, anytime one uses a personal attack they've lost.

As to President Trump's comment that no one could have predicted..., see:

and,

His effort to blame Obama is typical of trump, and has been echoed time and again by defenders of trump.

The Facts
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Jan. 21 announced the first travel-related case of novel coronavirus in the United States. Trump unveiled his plan 10 days later, making the restrictions effective Feb. 2. (On Jan. 17, the CDC had begun health screenings of passengers on direct or connecting flights from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the outbreak.)
Trump barred non-U.S. citizens from traveling from China, but there were 11 exceptions, and Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan were not included. U.S. citizens and permanent residents could still travel from China but were subject to screening and possible 14-day quarantine. Some flights were immediately suspended, but others continued for weeks, at the discretion of the airlines.

Some analysts at the time predicted that Trump’s action would be ineffective at preventing the virus from taking hold in the United States.

The Facts
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Jan. 21 announced the first travel-related case of novel coronavirus in the United States. Trump unveiled his plan 10 days later, making the restrictions effective Feb. 2. (On Jan. 17, the CDC had begun health screenings of passengers on direct or connecting flights from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the outbreak.)
Trump barred non-U.S. citizens from traveling from China, but there were 11 exceptions, and Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan were not included. U.S. citizens and permanent residents could still travel from China but were subject to screening and possible 14-day quarantine. Some flights were immediately suspended, but others continued for weeks, at the discretion of the airlines.

Some analysts at the time predicted that Trump’s action would be ineffective at preventing the virus from taking hold in the United States.

That doesn't change the fact that Biden and the democrats called Trump's travel restrictions "xenophobic".
So the democrats would have had thousands more dead Americans, or put another way, Trump saved thousands of American lives. As proof, look at the EU and how many more dead they have by not restricting travel early enough.

Last edited:
Berg's TDS has flamed up to be even worse than usual. Seeing Trump win 2 hours straight every day is not doing the disease much good.

But no need for concern, after Trump has defeated this virus he will defeat the TDS virus.

From Reuters:

APRIL 5, 2020 / 7:08 AM / UPDATED 4 HOURS AGO
As Trump administration debated travel restrictions, thousands streamed in from China

"Each day that the administration debated the travel measures, roughly 14,000 travelers arrived in the United States from China, according to figures cited by the Trump administration. Among them was a traveler who came from Wuhan to Seattle in mid-January, who turned out to be the first confirmed case in the United States.""""

You left out the part where allowing all these Chinese people into the US was what the Democrats were advocating - they were against the travel ban that ended up saving countless numbers of Americans, as even many Democrats now acknowledge. The Dem's 2020 candidate, Joe Biden, even agrees it was the right thing to do.

So what is your point? That President Trump should have instituted the Travel ban that Democrats opposed FASTER? Hindsight being 20-20, I think we would all agree on this.

Forum List

Back