The Sinking Ship and Father Brown

Robert Urbanek

Platinum Member
Nov 9, 2019
Vacaville, CA
In a recent dream, I am in a theatre or opera house with an elderly lady who complains, “Why am I here to watch this awful show?” An emcee acknowledges but dismisses the bad reviews and enthusiastically announces the beginning of the show. The show starts with a badly performed song, which the audience boos.

Suddenly, the theatre turns into a ship that is swiftly sinking. In moments, the ship is gone, and the audience members are swimming or struggling to stay afloat in the ocean.

I and my companion are then floating in the water of a dock where people are kneeling on a low platform, looking to rescue people in the water, which is only a foot or so below them. However, only dead bodies are being retrieved. The dream ends.

My interpretation is that the theater/ship represents the American empire, which is sinking. The dream occurred as American troops withdraw from Afghanistan and the Taliban quickly captures provincial capitals. I expect further shrinkage of U.S. power and influence.

My companion, in retrospect, appeared to be Mrs. McCarthy, the parish secretary in the British TV series Father Brown, which would likely make me the title character, the crime-solving Roman Catholic priest. Thus, I am literally a spiritual detective.

FatherBrown_McCarthy_sm.jpg

Father Brown and Mrs. McCarthy

deja vu

In a recent dream, I am in a theatre or opera house with an elderly lady who complains, “Why am I here to watch this awful show?” An emcee acknowledges but dismisses the bad reviews and enthusiastically announces the beginning of the show. The show starts with a badly performed song, which the audience boos.

Suddenly, the theatre turns into a ship that is swiftly sinking. In moments, the ship is gone, and the audience members are swimming or struggling to stay afloat in the ocean.

I and my companion are then floating in the water of a dock where people are kneeling on a low platform, looking to rescue people in the water, which is only a foot or so below them. However, only dead bodies are being retrieved. The dream ends.

My interpretation is that the theater/ship represents the American empire, which is sinking. The dream occurred as American troops withdraw from Afghanistan and the Taliban quickly captures provincial capitals. I expect further shrinkage of U.S. power and influence.

My companion, in retrospect, appeared to be Mrs. McCarthy, the parish secretary in the British TV series Father Brown, which would likely make me the title character, the crime-solving Roman Catholic priest. Thus, I am literally a spiritual detective.

View attachment 523956
Russia left Afghanistan after 18 years and 6000 dead. We are leaving after 20 years and only hundreds dead. If you want I'm going to call that a success, you can but nothing has changed. It was all four not. Trump was correct when he initiated the pull-out, I'm just glad Biden extended pull-out date so we could get many of our allies out safely. Trump's abandoning all the Kurds was much more damaging to our reputation around the world. The ideal situation for Afghanistan would be if the US, Russia and China would partition it into three sections, then control would be possible; but what are the chances of that, when we can't even get the people of one nation to cooperate with each other. And I don't mean Afghanistan, I mean the United States.

View attachment 523956
America is collapsing from within; humanity's biggest threat has always been itself.

Russia left Afghanistan after 18 years and 6000 dead. We are leaving after 20 years and only hundreds dead. If you want I'm going to call that a success, you can but nothing has changed. It was all four not. Trump was correct when he initiated the pull-out, I'm just glad Biden extended pull-out date so we could get many of our allies out safely. Trump's abandoning all the Kurds was much more damaging to our reputation around the world. The ideal situation for Afghanistan would be if the US, Russia and China would partition it into three sections, then control would be possible; but what are the chances of that, when we can't even get the people of one nation to cooperate with each other. And I don't mean Afghanistan, I mean the United States.
Noted error in above statement about Afghanistan. The total number of US military deaths was 2,312, what number of injured was 20,066. The entire debacle cost US $824,000,000.00.
Sad but true, most facts about wars are not good.

View attachment 523956

Maybe you just needed to pee.

Forum List

Back