The simple solutions

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
Everything the left-wing ideology touches, it destroys. That was proven yet again with Obamacare. Millions lost their healthcare coverage and their doctors (despite the lies of Obama). Healthcare costs skyrocketed (despite the lies of Obama).

The left would have you believe that healthcare is some insurmountable mountain - far too complex not to have government controlking. The reality is, there is nothing "complex" about it. A monkey could solve it. Here are the most simple solutions which will drive down healthcare costs. Competition always improves product/service while driving down costs.
The Post Your Dang Prices Act

The Post Your Dang Prices Act would require that all health care providers, from hospitals and surgery centers to doctor’s offices, medical labs, and pharmacies, post their prices online. Smart entrepreneurs, such as the owners of the Oklahoma Surgical Center, have revolutionized the direct-care model and, as part of that revolution, post the prices of every surgery available online.
This one simple solution alone solves much of the problem. It facilitates transparency and allows the patient to become a consumer with informed choices. But it doesn't stop there:
Then — and this is key — they must send the bill directly to the consumer, not an insurance company. Consumers would then be able to decide whether they want to submit the claim or negotiate with the insurer to cover a certain percentage, just like they do with auto insurance claims. Except now they would be negotiating from a position of strength, because they are not flying blind without prices. Watch the dominos of government-run health care fall and the heads of big-insurance lobbyists explode.
This puts control back into the hands of the patient. Both hospitals and insurance companies are once again competing for the business of a consumer. Last - but certainly not least - was Dr. Rand Paul's simple solution:
the language [to] be changed to allow any individual, including self-employed individuals, to form associations for the purpose of purchasing group health insurance
Two things instantly occurs with a healthcare "co-op" or "association". One, health insurance becomes "portable". It is no longer tied to your job. Businesses can make paying for your healthcare association fee a perk so that a large portion is still covered by your employer as it is now. But it's not tied directly to them. Losing your job does not result in losing your coverage. Second, healthcare becomes much cheaper. An association could conceivably include millions of people from Maine to California - giving the people tremendous leverage over the insurers and hospitals.

That's it. That's how freaking simple it is. Three easy, basic, free-market steps which gets government out of healthcare and puts the individual back in control again.

2 no-brainer ideas to defang Obamacare even without full repeal

Well, I am glad that if I need a surgery or something I do not need to worry about its price.

Once my insurance sent me a big envelope with bills and a total demand of about 36000 € for allegedly having a "musician´s rate". I luckily could manage the "accident". Should I put my trust into such companies?

Millions lost healthcare coverage because of the ACA? That's a new one? Can you post some stats on that? Last I heard close to 20 million gained coverage

Everything the left-wing ideology touches, it destroys. That was proven yet again with Obamacare. Millions lost their healthcare coverage and their doctors (despite the lies of Obama). Healthcare costs skyrocketed (despite the lies of Obama).

The left would have you believe that healthcare is some insurmountable mountain - far too complex not to have government controlking. The reality is, there is nothing "complex" about it. A monkey could solve it. Here are the most simple solutions which will drive down healthcare costs. Competition always improves product/service while driving down costs.
The Post Your Dang Prices Act

The Post Your Dang Prices Act would require that all health care providers, from hospitals and surgery centers to doctor’s offices, medical labs, and pharmacies, post their prices online. Smart entrepreneurs, such as the owners of the Oklahoma Surgical Center, have revolutionized the direct-care model and, as part of that revolution, post the prices of every surgery available online.
This one simple solution alone solves much of the problem. It facilitates transparency and allows the patient to become a consumer with informed choices. But it doesn't stop there:
Then — and this is key — they must send the bill directly to the consumer, not an insurance company. Consumers would then be able to decide whether they want to submit the claim or negotiate with the insurer to cover a certain percentage, just like they do with auto insurance claims. Except now they would be negotiating from a position of strength, because they are not flying blind without prices. Watch the dominos of government-run health care fall and the heads of big-insurance lobbyists explode.
This puts control back into the hands of the patient. Both hospitals and insurance companies are once again competing for the business of a consumer. Last - but certainly not least - was Dr. Rand Paul's simple solution:
the language [to] be changed to allow any individual, including self-employed individuals, to form associations for the purpose of purchasing group health insurance
Two things instantly occurs with a healthcare "co-op" or "association". One, health insurance becomes "portable". It is no longer tied to your job. Businesses can make paying for your healthcare association fee a perk so that a large portion is still covered by your employer as it is now. But it's not tied directly to them. Losing your job does not result in losing your coverage. Second, healthcare becomes much cheaper. An association could conceivably include millions of people from Maine to California - giving the people tremendous leverage over the insurers and hospitals.

That's it. That's how freaking simple it is. Three easy, basic, free-market steps which gets government out of healthcare and puts the individual back in control again.

2 no-brainer ideas to defang Obamacare even without full repeal
super winner thread...

Forum List

Back