The SCOTUS just took a crap on the US Constitution

tenor.gif

BOSTON - Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey is among those criticizing Monday's Supreme Court ruling that sided with a Washington state high school football coach who lost his job for praying after games.

The court ruled 6-3 in Kennedy v. Bremerton School District that the free exercise and free speech clauses of the First Amendment protect an individual engaging in religious expression.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereo

So, Idiot, you failed to make any case whatsoever on how SCOTUS crapped on the Constitution!

No. I would dispute that too. I’m no biblical expert, but it was also said that where three or more are gathered in His name … prayers would be heard. That’s not exactly a requirement to pray in private.

And it also urges that believers go forth and share the good news. That would also be hard to do in private. So, maybe, you shouldn’t be too quick to judge the coach.

Just sayin’.
Gather away from the cameras. That wasn't sharing the good news. That was theater.

The problem that we have here is that many self-proclaimed Christians support the teachings in the Bible as little as many self-proclaimed conservatives support and defend the Constitution.

They only like it when it fits and they reject it when it interferes with their narrative.

The Bible is quite clear.

Gather away from the cameras. That wasn't sharing the good news. That was theater.
The issue isn’t whether you approve of how he chose to pray. Frankly, you don’t even get a vote in the matter.

And maybe don’t pretend to know what was in his mind.

The simple fact remains: he was within his rights to pray, right there, and with anyone who cared to join him. He didn’t violate the 1st Amendment in doing so and being fired for doing what he did violated his right to freedom of religion and freedom of speech.

You err in your interpretation of that Scripture. Jesus prayed openly at times. The Scripture is referring to the attitude of your heart.
Well, perhaps I'll be held accountable for judgment but, in my opinion, getting on the 50-yardline of a crowded stadium demonstrates exactly what is in his heart: public attention. He could have done it in his office, in the locker room, anywhere he wanted.

On a huge scale, this reminds me of families who make a big deal of praying over their meals in restaurants because, apparently, praying in their car or before they left home wasn't allowed. It's for show.

Jesus prayed where he was; he prayed in public. He didn't search out the most crowded public places. Not at all the same thing.

Pray in private. Don't cast your pearls before swine. Share the good news by living a good life and being an example. Even go knock on doors or set up a table and pass out literature.. Sharing is doing, not showing off.

The issue isn’t whether you approve of how he chose to pray. Frankly, you don’t even get a vote in the matter.

And maybe don’t pretend to know what was in his mind.

The simple fact remains: he was within his rights to pray, right there, and with anyone who cared to join him. He didn’t violate the 1st Amendment in doing so and being fired for doing what he did violated his right to freedom of religion and freedom of speech.
I completely agree, and did from the very first post, that the Court made the right decision and it is his choice to pray where he wants. I simply posted exactly what Jesus said. It's very clear. People can turn the words of the Lord to excuse or justify their own lives but it doesn't change the words.

Well, perhaps I'll be held accountable for judgment but, in my opinion, getting on the 50-yardline of a crowded stadium demonstrates exactly what is in his heart: public attention. He could have done it in his office, in the locker room, anywhere he wanted.

On a huge scale, this reminds me of families who make a big deal of praying over their meals in restaurants because, apparently, praying in their car or before they left home wasn't allowed. It's for show.

Jesus prayed where he was; he prayed in public. He didn't search out the most crowded public places. Not at all the same thing.

Pray in private. Don't cast your pearls before swine. Share the good news by living a good life and being an example. Even go knock on doors or set up a table and pass out literature.. Sharing is doing, not showing off.
I don't know the man's heart, only God knows. I've seen many pro football players from both teams gather on the field after the game to pray together.

I completely agree, and did from the very first post, that the Court made the right decision and it is his choice to pray where he wants. I simply posted exactly what Jesus said. It's very clear. People can turn the words of the Lord to excuse or justify their own lives but it doesn't change the words.
Ok. Fair enough. I don’t agree with your interpretation of what Jesus said. But I’m also not very religious or well versed in the subject. So, I’ll just let this part of the conversation come to its end. Have a good night.

Troll ^ says troll shit.

I'm no troll.

I once belonged a long time ago to a group that was a community watch group that went after troublemakers.

I hate those types.

I been griefing a troll who has been appearing at a sim, but cut back on griefing the troll due to the troll threatening me.

I'm no troll.

I once belonged a long time ago to a group that was a community watch group that went after troublemakers.

I hate those types.

I been griefing a troll who has been appearing at a sim, but cut back on griefing the troll due to the troll threatening me.

No no. You’re a troll.

They remind me of the devil quoting Scripture to Jesus when He was tempted. Pathetic pitiful creatures.
Lefties always love to quote the scriptures, howbeit, when they can twist their meanings. Otherwise, they hate them, knowing in their heart of hearts that their twists are lies.

BOSTON - Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey is among those criticizing Monday's Supreme Court ruling that sided with a Washington state high school football coach who lost his job for praying after games.

The court ruled 6-3 in Kennedy v. Bremerton School District that the free exercise and free speech clauses of the First Amendment protect an individual engaging in religious expression.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereo

Wow, all this "I saw someone praying and it hurt my FEEEEELINGS!!!" from the Tolerance Brigade.

Imagine that!!!

Can you please describe to us how a coach taking a knee "establishes a religion" and why he was denied his free expression?

Yup.

Jesus himself said for people to pray in private.

Also Jesus said in Matthew 6:1

“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
An empty football field is pretty private. It is a good place to give thanks.

Forum List

Back