The SCOTUS just took a crap on the US Constitution

True.

The First Amendment does not prohibit praying; anyone can pray in school at any time by just closing their eyes and going for it. What numerous rulings and statues have upheld over the years is that a representative of the government (such as a public school coach) cannot promote any one religion over another. The logical conclusion is that he cannot lead others in prayer or deliver sermons or anything, but as long as he was just silently praying to himself, regardless of where, any interference by other government reps would constitute "prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

And, as it turns out ...

... that's exactly what he was doing.

I'm good with this.
Completely absurd. One coach praying cannot in any way be construed as establishing a state religion or the state promoting a religion.

Completely absurd. One coach praying cannot in any way be construed as establishing a state religion or the state promoting a religion.
If he, as a government employee, were leading others in prayer, that would be the textbook definition of the state promoting a religion.

No. I would dispute that too. I’m no biblical expert, but it was also said that where three or more are gathered in His name … prayers would be heard. That’s not exactly a requirement to pray in private.

And it also urges that believers go forth and share the good news. That would also be hard to do in private. So, maybe, you shouldn’t be too quick to judge the coach.

Just sayin’.

Brilliant observation which CANNOT be refuted by America-hating Leftists.

If he, as a government employee, were leading others in prayer, that would be the textbook definition of the state promoting a religion.

One person is NOT "the government," genius.
NOR is he "making the law." Try to think before spouting your LeftWingEase. I know it's hard, but really try.
The Constitution does NOT say "promoting." YOU did.
What "religion" did his prayer "promote" by the way? You can't even say.
The Constitution says "establishing a religion."
Its framers prayed at every meeting they ever had.
Don't you even know that?

People always forget about the 2nd half. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof". They cannot stop anyone from praying anywhere. They cannot stop the free exercise.

Forum List

Back