The Science is Settled

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean?
Sorry crick I meant methane not calcium carbonate
Well there is an hypothese. To my conservative friends, note that I use hypothese that the rise in sea temperatures at a certain point will cause something called a clathrate gun effect.
The clathrate gun hypothesis is the popular name given to the hypothesis that increases in sea temperatures (and/or falls in sea level) can trigger the sudden release of methane from methane clathrate compounds buried in seabeds and that contained within seabed permafrost which, because the methane itself is a powerful greenhouse gas, leads to further temperature rise and further methane clathrate destabilization – in effect initiating a runaway process as irreversible, once started, as the firing of a gun.

Sounds like a pile of unscientific crap
Well as opposed to the" you are wrong argument "I seem to hear. My post seem to be better substanciated. There's something called positive proof. Wich means that I come out with stuff to try to substanciate what I say. Then you have negative proof, which is what I get from someone like you. You don't put forward anything and simply try to invalidate what I say. Guess what.If you feel I'm wrong or misrepresenting something come out with alternative explanations, otherwise it gets kind of boring.

Every moonbat on the planet loves is cashing in on the manmade global warming scam.

A senior Iranian cleric from Isfahan, Iran, said “immorality” among young Iranian women, stemming from dressing “improperly,” is resulting in climate change and causing the rivers and dams in Iran to run dry.

During his weekly Friday sermon, Imam Seyyed Youssef Tabatabi-nejad said, “My office has received photos of women next to the dry Zayandeh-rud River pictured as if they are in Europe.” Tabatabi-nejad added, “It is these sorts of acts that cause the river to dry up even further,” according to the Iranian Student News Agency.

He added that “improper veiling” also contributed to this unnatural phenomenon. Just last month, the Iranian regime arrested eight Instagram models for “promoting immoral and un-Islamic culture and promiscuity” by appearing on the social media platform without wearing the mandatory hijab, a head covering that is often required under Islamic Sharia law.

The Islamic cleric’s comments arrive at a time when the regime is increasing its crackdown on youth for espousing Western values through their social media accounts and attire.

Tabatabi-nejad also called for Iran’s morality police to crack down on this “improper veiling” and urged Iran’s parliamentary Hezbollahi forces to “carry out operations to root out vice” in these women. (Iran’s Hezbollahi forces were created at the founding of the Iranian revolution to help the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in his quest to consolidate power. In their current capacity, they act as a sort of morality police force and an extension of the regime.)

Keep reading…
And a bunch of TV evangelists, Pat Robertson prominent among them hinted, and some stated outright, that gays were the primary cause of the of the success of the 9-11 attacks. So what is new about religious fanatics using whatever they can to maintain mind and physical control over their people.

"I took that quote directly from your own article remember."

The DATA matters. 90% of Earth ice on Antarctica has been INCREASING all along, despite all the times you parroted fudged BULLSHIT...
That is one study by a respected scientist. Other studies by equally respected scientists state that there is a net loss of ice in Antarctica. And the readings from the GRACE satellite indicate that there is a net loss of ice from Antarctica. We will know for sure in the next two decades.

In the meantime, we can visibly see Greenland melting. Nobody of any importance is arguing the fact that Greenland is losing ice at an increasing rate.

What do you mean?

Well there is an hypothese. To my conservative friends, note that I use hypothese that the rise in sea temperatures at a certain point will cause something called a clathrate gun effect.
The clathrate gun hypothesis is the popular name given to the hypothesis that increases in sea temperatures (and/or falls in sea level) can trigger the sudden release of methane from methane clathrate compounds buried in seabeds and that contained within seabed permafrost which, because the methane itself is a powerful greenhouse gas, leads to further temperature rise and further methane clathrate destabilization – in effect initiating a runaway process as irreversible, once started, as the firing of a gun.

Yes. I'm familiar with the clathrate gun hypothesis. There are some who suspect such an event was the cause of the one of the phases of the Permian Triassic extinction event.

greenland_melt_area_plot_tmb.png

greenland_melt_nomelt_tmb.png

Warm, Southerly Winds Gust to Hurricane Force Over Greenland in Staggering Early Season Heatwave — Temperatures Now Hitting up to 41 Degrees (F) Above Average at Summit

Looks like the melt in Greenland is off to a warm start.

"That is one study by a respected scientist. Other studies by equally respected scientists state that there is a net loss of ice in Antarctica. "

No.

That is THE DATA.

The "studies" that claim "ice loss" are all FUDGED

What do you mean?

Sounds like a pile of unscientific crap
Well as opposed to the" you are wrong argument "I seem to hear. My post seem to be better substanciated. There's something called positive proof. Wich means that I come out with stuff to try to substanciate what I say. Then you have negative proof, which is what I get from someone like you. You don't put forward anything and simply try to invalidate what I say. Guess what.If you feel I'm wrong or misrepresenting something come out with alternative explanations, otherwise it gets kind of boring.

That chart is a complete fabrication designed to PERFECTLY match the AGWCult climate meme.

In 1870, we weren't accurately measuring sea level to the millimeter nor ocean temperature 700M down to a tenth of a degree. That's just boob bait for dummies

Every moonbat on the planet loves is cashing in on the manmade global warming scam.

A senior Iranian cleric from Isfahan, Iran, said “immorality” among young Iranian women, stemming from dressing “improperly,” is resulting in climate change and causing the rivers and dams in Iran to run dry.

During his weekly Friday sermon, Imam Seyyed Youssef Tabatabi-nejad said, “My office has received photos of women next to the dry Zayandeh-rud River pictured as if they are in Europe.” Tabatabi-nejad added, “It is these sorts of acts that cause the river to dry up even further,” according to the Iranian Student News Agency.

He added that “improper veiling” also contributed to this unnatural phenomenon. Just last month, the Iranian regime arrested eight Instagram models for “promoting immoral and un-Islamic culture and promiscuity” by appearing on the social media platform without wearing the mandatory hijab, a head covering that is often required under Islamic Sharia law.

The Islamic cleric’s comments arrive at a time when the regime is increasing its crackdown on youth for espousing Western values through their social media accounts and attire.

Tabatabi-nejad also called for Iran’s morality police to crack down on this “improper veiling” and urged Iran’s parliamentary Hezbollahi forces to “carry out operations to root out vice” in these women. (Iran’s Hezbollahi forces were created at the founding of the Iranian revolution to help the late Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in his quest to consolidate power. In their current capacity, they act as a sort of morality police force and an extension of the regime.)

Keep reading…
And a bunch of TV evangelists, Pat Robertson prominent among them hinted, and some stated outright, that gays were the primary cause of the of the success of the 9-11 attacks. So what is new about religious fanatics using whatever they can to maintain mind and physical control over their people.
Number of openly homosexual relationships directly correlates to the increasing number of terrorist attacks.
And unlike climate change, you don't even have to fudge the numbers.....

No, retard. The DATA shows NO NET ICE MELT, because Antarctica is 90% of Earth's ice.

The TIPPYs were claiming it was "melting," and your BIRDBRAIN was PARROTING that BULLSHIT.

In fact, there has been precisely NO NET ICE MELT at all since Algore started lying about CO2...
I took that quote directly from your own article remember. CO2 levels have been rising. This can and has been measured. Global temperature has risen, this can and has been measured. When you try to put out articles like that, you are doing what all you deniers do. You either try to muddle the line between local and global climate or/and take stuff out of context. Both of these you just did.
how do you know the globe has warmed? Where do you live? Has your temps changed since you've been alive? Just curious your benchmark. See I live in Chitown and it's been cooler here since 1980. So, where is your data from?

No, forkup, it's more likely Weatherman's going to complain that you didn't go back far enough; that CO2 levels have been higher than current at many times in the distant past. Of course, they took hundreds of thousands or millions of years to get there, during which time the ocean pH was buffered by dissolved calcium carbonate due to mineral weathering and species adopted both biologically and behaviorally to rising temperatures. But that won't matter to him. Once these folks have a point they believe they can make, they LOOK NO FURTHER.
but all factual right? wow, I knew you didn't argue facts. I remember seeing something about that in the past with you.

The satellites measuring Antarctic ice went up in the 1970s. Algore's "warming" FRAUD replaced the 1970s Global Cooling hoax in 1988.

Hence, for the duration of Algore's FRAUD, 90% of Earth ice on Antarctica has added at least 80 billion tons of ice every year...

and you HATE that truth...

The satellites measuring Antarctic ice went up in the 1970s. Algore's "warming" FRAUD replaced the 1970s Global Cooling hoax in 1988.

Hence, for the duration of Algore's FRAUD, 90% of Earth ice on Antarctica has added at least 80 billion tons of ice every year...

and you HATE that truth...
I don't hate the truth the problem is this. There are several ways to measure the rise in sealevel. That's why you think that Earth ice in Antartica is significant. But like I said local is NOT global climate and DATA is clear and unambigious sea levels are rising.
Sea-Level-1.gif

How did we get the 1870 sea levels readings accurate to the millimeter?
How did we get the 1870 sea levels readings accurate to the millimeter?

they had dart boards back then.

Last edited:
The same people who brought us accurate deep ocean temperature data sets from 1870 now tell us the measured the sea levels to the millimeter....yeah

No, they don't say that, and only someone who is hilariously ignorant of basic statistics would make such a stupid claim. Frank, that's you.

As has been explained to you before, the more measurements included in an average, the lower the error of that average.

Everyone who does understand basic statistics knows with 100% certainty that you're totally clueless. Hence, repeating your stupid error over and over accomplishes nothing except to convince everyone that most denier cultists are babbling children who should always be ignored.

There is 100% certainty that

1. The Antarctic Circle has 9 times the ice of the Arctic Circle, and that is 100% about WHERE LAND IS and 0% about bullshit trace atmospheric gas.
2. In the past million years, Greenland froze while North America thawed, all at the same time on the same planet with the same atmosphere with the same amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, and the same bogus "solar cycle."
3. Arctic Sea Ice is shrinking, while Antarctic Sea ice is growing
4. 90% of Earth ice on Antarctica is GROWING

No, retard. The DATA shows NO NET ICE MELT, because Antarctica is 90% of Earth's ice.

The TIPPYs were claiming it was "melting," and your BIRDBRAIN was PARROTING that BULLSHIT.

In fact, there has been precisely NO NET ICE MELT at all since Algore started lying about CO2...
I took that quote directly from your own article remember. CO2 levels have been rising. This can and has been measured. Global temperature has risen, this can and has been measured. When you try to put out articles like that, you are doing what all you deniers do. You either try to muddle the line between local and global climate or/and take stuff out of context. Both of these you just did.
how do you know the globe has warmed? Where do you live? Has your temps changed since you've been alive? Just curious your benchmark. See I live in Chitown and it's been cooler here since 1980. So, where is your data from?
Climate change - Belgium - Climate Adaptation
The temperature in my place of recidence is rising.
I live in a place called Herentals about 25 miles from Antwerp. As the link, with you didn't provide I might add shows, we have seen a change in my lifetime. But like I said before, this is a game wich is much favored by climate change deniers. Look it snows so global warming is a hoax. The point is GLOBAL temperature is increasing. Local climate differences don't change that fact even, and I'll take your word since you didn't provide any outside information, if local conditions in your place of residence shows it's getting colder. I never imagined I'dd have to explain the difference between local and global over and over..

Last edited:
The European tectonic plate is moving SE, away from the pole. On the other side of the mid Atlantic fault moving NW is Greenland, which was entirely green 1 million years ago. Europe warms while Greenland goes into its current "ice age." That is not "global warming." It is tectonic driven and continent specific.

The European tectonic plate is moving SE, away from the pole. On the other side of the mid Atlantic fault moving NW is Greenland, which was entirely green 1 million years ago. Europe warms while Greenland goes into its current "ice age." That is not "global warming." It is tectonic driven and continent specific.
Wow this is a showing of particular ignorance. True Europe is moving..... It's moving inches a year. I don't know but do you get significantly colder or warmer when you move from the 1 side of your yard to the other? Where not talking of millions of years or even from 1 ice age to the next. We are talking about a period of on the outside 150 years. In wich time continental drift accounts for at the most a couple of yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back