The rise and fall of Subway.

I ate at a Subway in Georgetown in 1972. I didn't like it then. Tasted like a 7-11 packaged sandwich.

If you want to get a good submarine from a national chain, I highly recommend Jersey Mike's. The Big Kahuna is my favorite. Ever since Jersey Mike's came to town, I haven't had Subway since.

They have gone down hill...Jersey Mikes is better than Subway...imo

Yeah Subway sucks. I haven’t eaten there in years, but then I gave up eating grains long ago.

They have gone down hill...Jersey Mikes is better than Subway...imo

The thing that makes Subway so inferior to Jersey Mike's is because Subway only uses about half the meat that Jersey Mike's does. And, the interesting thing is, here in Amarillo, Jersey Mike's is only about a dollar more than Subway.

If you want to get a good submarine from a national chain, I highly recommend Jersey Mike's. The Big Kahuna is my favorite. Ever since Jersey Mike's came to town, I haven't had Subway since.
Chicken Philly...

Keep your business local. Surely there's a family owned sub shop somewhere close.

Quiznos was good but they kept removing sandwiches from their menu...never understood that....now they are no where to be found in my neck of the woods....

Keep your business local. Surely there's a family owned sub shop somewhere close.

Not really. Most of the family owned places around here are taco joints, tex mex, and home cooked meals. Not too many sub shops around here that aren't national chains. Amarillo ain't New York.

Quiznos was good but they kept removing sandwiches from their menu...never understood that....now they are no where to be found in my neck of the woods....

Same here in Amarillo. I used to like to go there for their toasted subs, but one day, they just left and were replaced by some other national chain.

Shame really, they had good sandwiches.

Open one Crepitus....you can make Trump supporters cops and military and Christians and straight people and old white men leave...you can call it identity subway....and join hands with StarBucks....:auiqs.jpg:

About three years ago, I had the worst meatball sandwich ever from a local Subway, and haven't eaten there since. But apparently, poor food quality is not their biggest setback these days.

Agree, definite decline. We go to Firehouse now, better sandwiches and service is fantastic. At least in our town it is.

I always thought they smelled bad- and their sandwiches weren't that good anyway.

Open one Crepitus....you can make Trump supporters cops and military and Christians and straight people and old white men leave...you can call it identity subway....and join hands with StarBucks....:auiqs.jpg:
Don't need to, there's one less than 1/4 mile from me.

Don't need to, there's one less than 1/4 mile from me.
Go see if they will give you an application....:21:
If I decide I need more work I'll hire myself as security for me.

Forum List

Back