The right was of course RIGHT. CDC finds no evidence of virus transmission in schools

See, the federal govt shouldnt even have a lot of issues. Its supposed to be small. Anything beyond the enumerated powers are reserved to the states. Do you understand what means?
I actually do. It means leaving the means, methods, and regulation of elections are a purely state matter. As long as they don't violate constitutional rights, they can run their elections without the federal government sticking their nose in it.

Why would he give extra money, that is meant for schools to reopen, to schools that stay closed?
Did you even think that through, foreigner?
Because Trump had it backwards. He told schools to reopen first, before they could get the money to make the changes needed to make reopening safe.
Lemme guess. You still believe the virus is spread in schools?

:laughing0301:

It's been noted that kids for whatever reason are not as susceptible but it's not just kids in the schools.

If schools were only filled with children, and those children didn't go home to their parents, we could open the schools yesterday. The problem is that children still carry the virus, and are capable of, in a more limited fashion, spreading it to others.

That's why Bidens plan includes money to upgrade ventilation systems, provide for social distancing, disinfecting and upgrading schools. And of course how that there is a vaccine, to prioritize inoculating teachers.

Quit. It would take years to upgrade ventilation systems. Now if he said we should be inoculating teachers among the first great. But you couldn't open schools until that happens. You will also have to get this all approved through the teachers unions, etc. So we wouldn't be opening schools for a long time.
Except that most schools here are already open and have been for some time WITHOUT the vaccine being distributed first

Kinda got off topic here. The argument is that the virus isn't being spread in schools. The "experts" really need to explain how this is.
Do you trust the so called "experts"

I certainly don't. They change their opinions so often that everything they say needs to be examined.

To try to reopen schools, Biden has asked Congress for $130 billion to offset costs and has promised better guidance from his administration on how to do so safely. President Donald Trump also pushed schools to open, though provided little guidance, data collection or funding to help them.

LOL
trump offered 150B to get schools to open a few months ago, foreigner.

Offering and getting something done is two different things. Mitch wasn't going to pass things like this.

But you supported this without raising taxes to pay for it?
Here we go again :rolleyes:
Of COURSE i dont support govt going beyond its enumerated powers.

So Trump was wrong in doing this?
Yes. They all were.

So a country should do nothing to address the issues it faces?
I complimented trump when he closed down the borders. Which is about the only thing the fed gov has the power to do.
See, the federal govt shouldnt even have a lot of issues. Its supposed to be small. Anything beyond the enumerated powers are reserved to the states. Do you understand what means?

I understand that is how the Constitution was originally created BUT they allowed for amendments which we have enacted.
Cite the amendment that gave the feds control over our schools.

K,thanks

The 14th made all of the separation moot.

Interpretation: The Fourteenth Amendment Due Process Clause | The National Constitution Center

This just enforces those who advocate that this is one big conspiracy. We are told how easy this is transmitted from person to person but it somehow skips schools?

It's been noted that kids for whatever reason are not as susceptible but it's not just kids in the schools.

I believe there is a virus and it's something different than a normal flu virus but I do believe the "experts" are making things up as they go because they really have no clue.

We can pack Wal-Mart but it's dangerous to have 10 people in a restaurant?
Bar owners have been eviscerated. We may never have bars or night clubs again.

These unintended consequences....

Yes we will but yes, you can't tell me 200 people in Wal Mart is OK but 15 in a bar is not.

If schools were only filled with children, and those children didn't go home to their parents, we could open the schools yesterday. The problem is that children still carry the virus, and are capable of, in a more limited fashion, spreading it to others.

That's why Bidens plan includes money to upgrade ventilation systems, provide for social distancing, disinfecting and upgrading schools. And of course how that there is a vaccine, to prioritize inoculating teachers.

Quit. It would take years to upgrade ventilation systems. Now if he said we should be inoculating teachers among the first great. But you couldn't open schools until that happens. You will also have to get this all approved through the teachers unions, etc. So we wouldn't be opening schools for a long time.
Except that most schools here are already open and have been for some time WITHOUT the vaccine being distributed first

Kinda got off topic here. The argument is that the virus isn't being spread in schools. The "experts" really need to explain how this is.
Do you trust the so called "experts"

I certainly don't. They change their opinions so often that everything they say needs to be examined.

I thought I was clear about the experts. I do not believe they really know what is going on.

An article that's a bit more honest about the cdc findings;

The key phrase here is "when precautions are followed".

Just as an aside the schools just reopened here. They were closed because 25%+ of the teachers and staff were infected.

My son had Covid and experienced mild symptoms for a day or so. His wife was a little sicker for a couple of days longer but nothing significant. Their six year old daughter living in the same home never had as much as a sniffle. She has been going to class ever since DeSantis opened the schools last fall.

To try to reopen schools, Biden has asked Congress for $130 billion to offset costs and has promised better guidance from his administration on how to do so safely. President Donald Trump also pushed schools to open, though provided little guidance, data collection or funding to help them.

LOL

Offering and getting something done is two different things. Mitch wasn't going to pass things like this.

Yes. They all were.

I complimented trump when he closed down the borders. Which is about the only thing the fed gov has the power to do.

I understand that is how the Constitution was originally created BUT they allowed for amendments which we have enacted.
Cite the amendment that gave the feds control over our schools.

K,thanks

The 14th made all of the separation moot.

Interpretation: The Fourteenth Amendment Due Process Clause | The National Constitution Center
How does that tie into the feds imposing mandates on schools?

I get that they have purse strings they can pull but even then schools and local municipalities still have the final say despite the extortion

LOL

Yes. They all were.

They have also allowed, through judicial fiat, the unlawful broadening of the Constitution WITHOUT amendments, to the point where we really have no constitution. It's all a charade to keep us from rebelling and overthrowing the current criminal government (until they can talk us out of owning guns or forcefully take them).

I can not teach a class here but the 14th made everything that applied to the Federal government also apply to state governments. It takes a class from there to understand all the ramifications from there if you do not understand them. There are a lot of cases you would need to read.

This just enforces those who advocate that this is one big conspiracy. We are told how easy this is transmitted from person to person but it somehow skips schools?

I believe there is a virus and it's something different than a normal flu virus but I do believe the "experts" are making things up as they go because they really have no clue.

Yes we will but yes, you can't tell me 200 people in Wal Mart is OK but 15 in a bar is not.
Two hundred folks in a three acre walmart is a bit different than 15 people in a thousand square feet of bar. Then you have to throw in the facts that you can drink with a mask on and alcohol makes it less likely you'll wear one anyway....

LOL

LOL! Only a Progressive would want to spend $130 Billion to fix a nonexistent problem!!

The bars here were forced to close at 10 pm all year. They also had absurd restrictions on occupancy. 10/10/10 ten percent occupancy/10 people/10 pm close Arbitrary restrictions that had little to do with "the science"

My son had Covid and experienced mild symptoms for a day or so. His wife was a little sicker for a couple of days longer but nothing significant. Their six year old daughter living in the same home never had as much as a sniffle. She has been going to class ever since DeSantis opened the schools last fall.

I tested positive. I was feeling like maybe a light case of the flu for about 30 hours. I wouldn't even have been tested if not for a friend calling me telling me he had tested positive and I had been around him.

My wife and 19 year old daughter lived with me my entire quarantine period. Both have tested negative. I was with another friend of mine most of the day, the day before I started feeling bad. He has tested negative.

If it is so transferrable how is this? How did my wife not get it? Did I simply have the flu? There are too many unanswered questions to all of this.

Two hundred folks in a three acre walmart is a bit different than 15 people in a thousand square feet of bar. Then you have to throw in the facts that you can drink with a mask on and alcohol makes it less likely you'll wear one anyway....

The problem is those people are not spread all over Wal Mart. They are largely packed up front checking out.

The bars here were forced to close at 10 pm all year. They also had absurd restrictions on occupancy. 10/10/10 ten percent occupancy/10 people/10 pm close Arbitrary restrictions that had little to do with "the science"

I agree. You can get it after 10 but not at 9?

The problem is those people are not spread all over Wal Mart. They are largely packed up front checking out.

That is a fair point.

Forum List

Back