The right to work

Who has a greater right to work?

• Illegal alien union member

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How many illegal aliens are in unions?

Produce stats and link please.

I will not answer your poll because the choices are asinine.

Also there are closed and open union shops.

Union workers in America are maybe 12% of the workforce, plenty of non union jobs out there.

If it were not for public employee unions I expect the % of union workers would be maybe 3%.

Last edited:
The premise of the question in the OP is rediculous.

As for whether or not Unions care about non-union workers I can only re-post and point to the facts.

Unions benefit all of America’s workers and strengthen our communities.

Unions today:

Reinforce the middle class and lift up America’s communities. States with higher rates of unionization have lower rates of poverty, crime, and failing schools.

Benefit local economic development. In partnerships with employers, community organizations, and local governments, unions have helped revitalize local economies by saving and expanding family-supporting jobs.

Raise wages for all workers. Studies show that a large union presence in an industry or region can raise wages even for non-union workers.

Fight for all workers’ health and safety. In 2008 the AFL-CIO and the United Food and Commercial Workers sued to get employers to provide personal protective equipment. Now, workers in hazardous jobs which require safety gear—like hard hats or protective glasses—must be provided this equipment, instead of being asked to buy it themselves.

Advocate for increases in the minimum wage and push for living wage ordinances. Unions have been instrumental in efforts to increase the federal minimum wage, state minimum wages and in the successful living wage movement which has already resulted in over 150 local living wage laws nationwide.

Reduce wage inequality. Unions raise wages the most for low- and middle-wage workers and workers without college degrees.
They also demand outrageous wages that drive companies overseas, take the steel industry. Illegal immigrants do not deserve any benefit from this country because they are ILLEGAL!!! Pretty easy answer actually.

Then if I'm hearing you correctly then the reason against unions is thay they "drive companies overseas". If that's the case then you'll......

1) Have to show me where the only companies that move are unionized ones.

2) Explain to me why, according to your argument, why we shouldn't reduce our standard of living to that of third world nations in order to be "competitive".

You guys sure make this easy!! :lol: Keep 'em coming. I'm having a blast. :tongue:

Union workers in America are maybe 12% of the workforce, plenty of non union jobs out there.

I was going to say that but was trying to think of a way to be nicer about it.

These guys make it way too easy!!

Ok. Will do. But I noticed you couldn't dispute the facts.
Start a Reagan thread if you want to hate on him.
And please show me a President who said it WASN'T okay to be proud to be an American? And link it please.

(If you can't do it an admission of error will suffice.)
Obama, for one. Perhaps you missed his "America Sucks!" World Apology Tour.

Yeah, that's probably what I'd say too if I couldn't defend him. Ok, I'll stop telling the truth about Reagan and save it for another thread. :eusa_whistle:

So President Obama actually said, "America Sucks" and/or " It WASN'T okay to be proud to be an American"? :confused:

I'm sure you can show me links on those :2up: or admit that's not the case. :eusa_liar:
It's no surprise you refuse to see his apology tours for what they were. The union didn't tell you that's what it was.

View Poll Results: Who has a greater right to work?
American non-union member
ba1614, boedicca, daveman, Ernie S., Granny, iamwhatiseem, kyzr, LibocalypseNow, RetiredGySgt, Rozman, syrenn, WillowTree
12 100.00%
Illegal alien union member 0 0%

Hmmm...why haven't you voted, Goose?

Because you failed to ask in what nation.

If you're referring to the U.S. perhaps you missed my earlier post where I opined, "I guess the only correct answer would be that there's a reason they're called ILLEGAL aliens".

But is there an issue with this?

And the dumb ass gives insufficient variables for the poll. Like will Dave suck corporate cock to get his next job. Will he take it up the ass to keep his job.

Who knows?

But SEIU acknowledges they have illegals as members.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlsScws6xUc[/ame]

No, they're not. I had a clear point: Is your loyalty to the union, or to the United States?

If it were not for public employee unions I expect the % of union workers would be maybe 3%.
Yay. You gonna answer the poll? No?

Oh, well.

And you still haven't answered.

So it looks like I have your answer. You just don't have the balls to own it.

View Poll Results: Who has a greater right to work?
American non-union member
ba1614, boedicca, daveman, Ernie S., Granny, iamwhatiseem, kyzr, LibocalypseNow, RetiredGySgt, Rozman, syrenn, WillowTree
12 100.00%
Illegal alien union member 0 0%

Hmmm...why haven't you voted, Goose?

Because you failed to ask in what nation.

If you're referring to the U.S. perhaps you missed my earlier post where I opined, "I guess the only correct answer would be that there's a reason they're called ILLEGAL aliens".

But is there an issue with this?

And the dumb ass gives insufficient variables for the poll. Like will Dave suck corporate cock to get his next job. Will he take it up the ass to keep his job.
You haven't answered, either.

That's two who would rather see an illegal alien working over an American citizen.

The OP is just asinine. First there is no right to work. Second, if there is a right to work, how can someone have more of a right? Do some people have more of a right to self defense than others? So I think the question as presented in poll is deeply flawed.

That said, I dont think employers should hire illegal immigrants and unions should not allow people living in the US illegally membership in unions.

On another thread, I asked a leftist union drone:

Who has a greater right to work -- an American non-union member, or an illegal alien union member?

He refused to answer, so that made his views pretty clear. Let's see how USMB feels about it.

how is an illegal alien becoming a union member? they aren't eligible for union jobs b/c they don't have social security numbers nor can certify eligibility to work..

Start a Reagan thread if you want to hate on him.

Obama, for one. Perhaps you missed his "America Sucks!" World Apology Tour.

Yeah, that's probably what I'd say too if I couldn't defend him. Ok, I'll stop telling the truth about Reagan and save it for another thread. :eusa_whistle:

So President Obama actually said, "America Sucks" and/or " It WASN'T okay to be proud to be an American"? :confused:

I'm sure you can show me links on those :2up: or admit that's not the case. :eusa_liar:
It's no surprise you refuse to see his apology tours for what they were. The union didn't tell you that's what it was.

Ok, so now you're finally admitting that President Obams did NOT say "America Sucks" and/or " It WASN'T okay to be proud to be an American". :tongue:

See? It wasn't so hard to admit you were just making things up, was it? :eusa_liar:

And you still haven't answered.

So it looks like I have your answer. You just don't have the balls to own it.

Uhhh....If you look back you'll see I answered it TWICE. You just don't have the intelligence to comprehend it. :eusa_whistle:

I believe a illegal alien does not have a right to work in the US, when people who were legally born do not have a job. Even if they alien is more qualified, he is not paying taxes, and he has not had to go through the citizenship journey.

I'm not sure but I'm guessing from his latest posts that daveman's wishing he had never started this thread. :tongue: :lol:

I believe a illegal alien does not have a right to work in the US, when people who were legally born do not have a job. Even if they alien is more qualified, he is not paying taxes, and he has not had to go through the citizenship journey.

No argument here. And daveman would have known that had he been reading my posts.

The premise of the question in the OP is rediculous.

As for whether or not Unions care about non-union workers I can only re-post and point to the facts.

Unions benefit all of America’s workers and strengthen our communities.

Unions today:

Reinforce the middle class and lift up America’s communities. States with higher rates of unionization have lower rates of poverty, crime, and failing schools.

Benefit local economic development. In partnerships with employers, community organizations, and local governments, unions have helped revitalize local economies by saving and expanding family-supporting jobs.

Raise wages for all workers. Studies show that a large union presence in an industry or region can raise wages even for non-union workers.

Fight for all workers’ health and safety. In 2008 the AFL-CIO and the United Food and Commercial Workers sued to get employers to provide personal protective equipment. Now, workers in hazardous jobs which require safety gear—like hard hats or protective glasses—must be provided this equipment, instead of being asked to buy it themselves.

Advocate for increases in the minimum wage and push for living wage ordinances. Unions have been instrumental in efforts to increase the federal minimum wage, state minimum wages and in the successful living wage movement which has already resulted in over 150 local living wage laws nationwide.

Reduce wage inequality. Unions raise wages the most for low- and middle-wage workers and workers without college degrees.

What you've done is taken what the right sees as a "simple" problem and uncovered the fact that it really is complex.

Our population is aging. You only have to look at the Republican Party to see that. We are going to need many of these "aliens" to look after the very people who wail about them.

Of course we need to make a policy. Too bad one wasn't put in place from 2001 to 2006 when Republicans controlled every possible part of government. Guess they were too busy squeezing money out of the country and giving away no bid contracts. Wish we had something to show for that besides a ruined economy.

So, would people rather have only the illegals working for 4 dollars or less an hour or would they rather compete? Of course, we could quadruple the size of government. I'm sure if we did that, we could possibly identity a few more illegals.

The OP is just asinine. First there is no right to work. Second, if there is a right to work, how can someone have more of a right? Do some people have more of a right to self defense than others? So I think the question as presented in poll is deeply flawed.

That said, I dont think employers should hire illegal immigrants and unions should not allow people living in the US illegally membership in unions.
First? Why do 22 States have 'Right To Work' statutes?

See also: Taft-Hartley Act.

First? Why do 22 States have 'Right To Work' statutes?

See also: Taft-Hartley Act.

Uh... The right to work statutes and Taft Harvey Act really are something completely different than a literal right to work like I was talking about.

Forum List

Back