Zone1 The Right to Rescue

Well, then they should abide by the law… Because in most of those cases, they are already breaking laws on animal cruelty.

And no, in those cases the animals are not cared for... not unless you think being kept captive in a tiny cage, with open sores on their body, prolapses, surrounded by flies and laying in their own feces and urine is being "cared for."

It most cases the usually are not. I would think people opposed to animals being eaten at all have a warped sense of what others and the law considered cruel.

It most cases the usually are not. I would think people opposed to animals being eaten at all have a warped sense of what others and the law considered cruel.

In factory farms, the condition I mentioned is very common. But anyway, this thread is specifically about open rescue, which as I already stated, is about rescuing animals in the worst cases, animals who are clearly suffering and would die a painful death if not rescued. So it's irrelevant to this topic to say that it's not always like that.

Last edited:
Animals aren't people.

They aren't things. You can enslave a robot and wouldn't be unethical. Enslaving an animal is an entirely different story.

They are sentient beings, just like dogs or cats. If you wouldn't treat a dog like a slave or mere physical object, then you should probably stop supporting industries that do just that to animals who are no different than dogs or cats.

They aren't things. You can enslave a robot and wouldn't be unethical. Enslaving an animal is an entirely different story.

They are sentient beings, just like dogs or cats. If you wouldn't treat a dog like a slave or mere physical object, then you should probably stop supporting industries that do just that to animals who are no different than dogs or cats.

You can't enslave an animal, because enslavement is about possession of another human being.

They are not sentient.

You can't enslave an animal, because enslavement is about possession of another human being.

They are not sentient.

That's the most demonstrably false thing I've read in a loooong time. I mean, I'm in amazement right now that anyone could say something so blatantly and obviously false.

I could post a million more videos like that, if I had the time.

You are so, so, so, so, SO very wrong. Demonstrably wrong.

I have some real life stuff I gotta do, but if you're still claiming animals are not sentient, I'll be back later to disprove that ignorant claim again.

That's the most demonstrably false thing I've read in a loooong time. I mean, I'm in amazement right now that anyone could say something so blatantly and obviously false.

I could post a million more videos like that, if I had the time.

You are so, so, so, so, SO very wrong. Demonstrably wrong.

I have some real life stuff I gotta do, but if you're still claiming animals are not sentient, I'll be back later to disprove that ignorant claim again.

That isn't sentience. That is anthropizing animals.

That isn't sentience. That is anthropizing animals.

Unless you're going by an entirely different definition, you're just spouting ignorant, demonstrable falsehoods.

Sentient means capable of sensation; conscious or aware.

Animals clearly and OBVIOUSLY have senses and awareness. They can feel pain, they are capable of experiencing life and enjoying life, and they have basic emotions such as happiness, anger, fear, etc.

As for your "anthropizing" claim (I think you meant to say anthropomorphizing), I wrote a blog post on that specific claim, and I was going to link it, but I just noticed my website is down at the moment...so I need to look into that right now.

But in the meantime I'm just going to say that is also flatly wrong, and I'll explain more later when I can paste some excerpts from that blog post I wrote a few years ago.

Unless you're going by an entirely different definition, you're just spouting ignorant, demonstrable falsehoods.

Sentient means capable of sensation; conscious or aware.

Animals clearly and OBVIOUSLY have senses and awareness. They can feel pain, they are capable of experiencing life and enjoying life, and they have basic emotions such as happiness, anger, fear, etc.

As for your "anthropizing" claim (I think you meant to say anthropomorphizing), I wrote a blog post on that specific claim, and I was going to link it, but I just noticed my website is down at the moment...so I need to look into that right now.

But in the meantime I'm just going to say that is also flatly wrong, and I'll explain more later when I can paste some excerpts from that blog post I wrote a few years ago.

Until I see animal cities and animal industry, they aren't sentient.

You might want to look up the definition of sentient. It doesn't mean capable of doing trigonometry. :rolleyes:

The definition has been manipulated over time by those trying to pretend animals are sentient.

Actually it does mean you are capable of doing trig. at least doing it when mature.

The definition has been manipulated over time by those trying to pretend animals are sentient.

Actually it does mean you are capable of doing trig. at least doing it when mature.

I'm starting to wonder if you're trolling right now, because it's hard to believe that anyone could say such foolish things with a straight face.

Sentience is about feeling, not intellect. It doesn't mean highly advanced intellectually. By that asinine definition, most humans aren't sentient.

I'm starting to wonder if you're trolling right now, because it's hard to believe that anyone could say such foolish things with a straight face.

Sentience is about feeling, not intellect. It doesn't mean highly advanced intellectually. By that asinine definition, most humans aren't sentient.

That's what it originally meant before animal rights activists started playing with the definition.

I ask a dog if it's aware of itself, it can't answer.

That's what it originally meant before animal rights activists started playing with the definition.

I ask a dog if it's aware of itself, it can't answer.

That's a big fat load of crap. The word sentient comes from the Latin verb sentire, which means "to feel" or "to perceive" .... The word itself, for anyone with even a semblance of understanding of etymology, gives away what it means.

You WANT it to mean "highly advanced intelligence" :rolleyes: so you can continue to act as if animals are mere objects that you can exploit and use, not caring about the visible fact that they can feel pain and suffer.

Forum List

Back