The Right to Equal Treatment

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Recently I've seen several posts referencing this as though it were a real thing. When pressed, the commenters usually find something else to talk about, but I'm curious what the rest of you think. Is there such a thing as a right to "equal treatment"? What does it mean? How should government go about protecting such a right?

Equal treatment? Is not when BIDEN corrupt administration says we will take from taxpayers and give to black/hispanic/native american/female businesses FIRST...............

There is only a right to be treated equally under the law. The system we have isn't perfect but it's better than the rest.

Now the commies are talking about equity, which is impossible in a free society. Not everyone has the same asperations, motivations or the physical and mental ability to do anything they chose. Athletics is the perfect example, you can have two people putting in the same hours of practice and hard work and one will invariably be better than the other.

Recently I've seen several posts referencing this as though it were a real thing. When pressed, the commenters usually find something else to talk about, but I'm curious what the rest of you think. Is there such a thing as a right to "equal treatment"? What does it mean? How should government go about protecting such a right?
All violent murderous thugs trying to kill cops should be treated the same as little ole ladies in wheelchairs crossing the street??? Huh???

Greg

Those who are using the term these days aren't talking about the one Constitutional guarantee. All that Americans are entitled to in our system is EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW.
No guaranteed outcomes, no special privileges, and no double standards before the courts.
As we all know, this "right" is mostly gone today. The wealthy, government officials, and sports/media personalities expect AND RECEIVE, special consideration based on politics alone. Those on the Left have become so used to such advantages that they consider them a Right by now.
They are hypocrites, of course. Not to mention being fools. It takes a smug and not-so-bright SOB to convince themselves that their lawlessness won't have consequences for them.
Rule of law is a fragile thing under the best of circumstances. When half or more of the population stops believing justice is blind then the end is nigh. Imagine their surprise when those they look down on decide to ignore the law.

Those who are using the term these days aren't talking about the one Constitutional guarantee. All that Americans are entitled to in our system is EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW.
No guaranteed outcomes, no special privileges, and no double standards before the courts.
As we all know, this "right" is mostly gone today. The wealthy, government officials, and sports/media personalities expect AND RECEIVE, special consideration based on politics alone. Those on the Left have become so used to such advantages that they consider them a Right by now.
They are hypocrites, of course. Not to mention being fools. It takes a smug and not-so-bright SOB to convince themselves that their lawlessness won't have consequences for them.
Rule of law is a fragile thing under the best of circumstances. When half or more of the population stops believing justice is blind then the end is nigh. Imagine their surprise when those they look down on decide to ignore the law.
what if the law creates injustice...happens a lot

I am not sure. Context may matter.

This:

On the surface, Mason’s more severe punishment appears all the more difficult to explain, given that, as the meme points out, her actions appear to have been the result of a genuine lack of awareness about her eligibility to vote, and involved what appears to have been a good-faith provisional ballot, whereas Bartman went out of his way to fraudulently apply for, and submit, a mail-in ballot on behalf of his mother, whom he knew was dead.

However, two other important differences existed between the cases: how the offenses are graded and the sentencing guidelines in place in each state.

This:

On the surface, Mason’s more severe punishment appears all the more difficult to explain, given that, as the meme points out, her actions appear to have been the result of a genuine lack of awareness about her eligibility to vote, and involved what appears to have been a good-faith provisional ballot, whereas Bartman went out of his way to fraudulently apply for, and submit, a mail-in ballot on behalf of his mother, whom he knew was dead.

However, two other important differences existed between the cases: how the offenses are graded and the sentencing guidelines in place in each state.
Huh?

This:

Huh?

You have to read it.

State to state you never know what the law is.

Forum List

Back