The Right To Bear Arms

But to keep your family safe, you need the greater strength the federal government can provide, such as FCC, FAA, the military, etc.
What ???

Putin isn't threatening my family

Airplanes and radio stations aren't threatening my family.

Only LEFTARD FUCKING ASSHOLES with a stick up their butt, those are the only people threatening my family.

And I certainly don't need any government to deal with them.

Are you kidding? The feckless cops that stand idly by and do NOTHING while screaming progtards put my children in fear of their lives?

I don't need them. I can handle the problem myself

I am also a gun lover, but the 2nd Amendment will be changed. It's just a matter of time...
Once we lose the Second Amendment we lose what freedom we have left. We will find ourselves living in a USSR like nation with a Big Brother and Big Sister watching everything we do. Step out of line and off to a re-education camp you go. Plus we will likely have a nice new State Religion to believe in rather than that outdated Christianity.

Once we lose the Second Amendment we lose what freedom we have left. We will find ourselves living in a USSR like nation with a Big Brother and Big Sister watching everything we do. Step out of line and off to a re-education camp you go. Plus we will likely have a nice new State Religion to believe in rather than that outdated Christianity.

Well, I agree - and that was kind of my point.

We will NEVER lose the Second Amendment. Even if there's no actual Amendment in law, self defense is a NATURAL right, and therefore there is no way anyone can ever "take it away".

If they try, just ignore them. Who cares? I can buy an untraceable weapon for 100 dollars in less than 10 minutes. Why should I care what any dumb gun-grabbing progtard thinks about the law?

Well, I agree - and that was kind of my point.

We will NEVER lose the Second Amendment. Even if there's no actual Amendment in law, self defense is a NATURAL right, and therefore there is no way anyone can ever "take it away".

If they try, just ignore them. Who cares? I can buy an untraceable weapon for 100 dollars in less than 10 minutes. Why should I care what any dumb gun-grabbing progtard thinks about the law?
A large number of real Americans will agree with you if the Dems ever manage to pass laws requiring all firearms to be turned in.

Gun confiscation doesn’t even work in Canada.

By Brandon Morse | Dec 30, 2021 5:00 PM ET

According to iPolitics, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau instituted a ban that took place on May 1 of 2020, and estimated that the ban would apply to around 100,000 firearms in the country.

As of today, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police have received a grand total of 160 guns for decommissioning out of that aforementioned massive number as reported by iPolitics:

“The Canadian Firearms Program (CFP) can confirm that, as of Dec. 9, 2021, 18 firearms (formerly classified as restricted) affected by the May 1, 2020, Order in Council (OIC) have been deactivated,” added Sgt. Caroline Duval, the spokesperson who forwarded the Mounties’ response.
“In addition, there have been 142 OIC-affected firearms recorded as surrendered to a public agency for destruction since May 1, 2020.”

A large number of real Americans will agree with you if the Dems ever manage to pass laws requiring all firearms to be turned in.

Gun confiscation doesn’t even work in Canada.

By Brandon Morse | Dec 30, 2021 5:00 PM ET

According to iPolitics, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau instituted a ban that took place on May 1 of 2020, and estimated that the ban would apply to around 100,000 firearms in the country.

As of today, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police have received a grand total of 160 guns for decommissioning out of that aforementioned massive number as reported by iPolitics:

Gun crime is increasing in Canada.....see...criminals evolve.....they change. The anti-gun fanatics don't understand this.....Canada imported 3rd world males who don't respect Canadian culture or laws.......and they have drug turf to take and protect...so guns are the necessary tool for their livlihoods.......

The actual only possible interpretation of the Bill of Rights is that the first federal gun control law in 1927, and all federal firearm laws that followed, are simply illegal.
The federal government was clearly denied any firearm jurisdiction at all.
Actually the only jurisdiction the federal government has is to protect the right not take it away. The states have no jurisdiction over the second amendment because it's a right protected by the federal government.

And the reason we won the American Revolution was because of the number of weapons owned by individuals, not states. I don't think states provided any firearms at all for the American Revolution?
The reason we won the American Revolution was because of the Continental Army led by George Washington

It was not until the French, with their Army and Navy joined that we actually defeated the British

The reason we won the American Revolution was because of the Continental Army led by George Washington

It was not until the French, with their Army and Navy joined that we actually defeated the British
How many French troops were used and what battle? Are you forgetting we were also fighting to German Hessians?

Doubtful if you knew anything about the mindset of the Hessians. They were fierce fighters they lived to fight. So spew you bullshit lies somewhere else.
They were just mercenaries. Some 6000 deserted.

They were just mercenaries. Some 6000 deserted.

You may want to revisit your source.
Life in the Hessian Army was harsh. The system aimed to instill iron discipline and the punishments could be brutal. Still, morale was generally high. Officers were well-educated, promotion was by merit, and soldiers took pride in serving their prince and their people. Furthermore, military service provided economic benefits. The families of soldiers were exempt from certain taxes, wages were higher than in farm work, and there was the promise of booty (money earned through the sale of captured military property) and plunder (property taken from civilians). Officially plunder was verboten (forbidden), but officers, who also had a taste for looted goods, often looked the other way.

You may want to revisit your source.
Life in the Hessian Army was harsh. The system aimed to instill iron discipline and the punishments could be brutal. Still, morale was generally high. Officers were well-educated, promotion was by merit, and soldiers took pride in serving their prince and their people. Furthermore, military service provided economic benefits. The families of soldiers were exempt from certain taxes, wages were higher than in farm work, and there was the promise of booty (money earned through the sale of captured military property) and plunder (property taken from civilians). Officially plunder was verboten (forbidden), but officers, who also had a taste for looted goods, often looked the other way.
I did. Lots of them deserted.

See, this is the problem for you Liberals....you believe whatever they tell you.

Here is the truth:

. Arguments against the 2nd Amendment:

a. “…well regulated militia…” Consider the sentence “Being a fisherman, Joe needs a boat.” Does this mean that Joe should only buy a boat if he fishes for a living? The reference to a militia is a reason why the people “When the words of the enacting clause are clear and positive, recourse must not be had to the preamble.” James Kent, Commentaries on American Law, 1858 (Legal scholar and law professor at Columbia College)

In the Constitution, Congress is given the power “to promote the Progress of Science and the useful Arts” by enacting copyright and patent laws (Article 1, Section 8). Would you argue that every copyright work or patented invention must promote scientific progress and useful arts?

1792 Militia Act of 1792, setting forth standards for the May 2 Act, (1792 Militia Act of 1792 was passed by the Second Congress, allowing the president to call out members of the states militias.) including a] each and every free able-bodied white male citizen of age 18 and under age 45… b] provide himself with a good musket,…bayonet and belt,… not less than twenty four cartridges.; c] exempting all elected officials and employees of the government.

George Mason, Father of the Bill of Rights: "I ask, Who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers." (Jonathan Elliot, The Debates of the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution, [NY: Burt Franklin,1888] p.425-6)

The Constitution gave Congress the power to raise and support a national army, and to organize “the Militia.” This is because an army didn’t naturally exist, while “the Militia” only had to be organized: it always existed. (See enumerated powers in Article 1,Section 8.)

The Supreme Court, in US v. Miller, (1939) “…militia system…implied the general obligation of all adult male inhabitants to possess arms, and, with certain exceptions, to cooperate in the work of defence.” It concluded that the militia was primarily civilians.

Today, federal law defines “the militia of the United States” to include all able-bodied males from 17 to 45 and members of the National Guard up to age 64, but excluding those who have no intention of becoming citizens, and active military personnel. (US Code Title 10, sect. 311-313)

[10 U.S. Code § 311 - Exchange of defense personnel between United States and friendly foreign countries: authority]

New Topics

Forum List

Back