The Right To Bear Arms

You claim you want children kept safe, but if you really felt that way, why would you not want more rules and bans in place to protect them, especially when there are things out there that are killing more young teens than guns? I notice you won't answer the question which tells me you have none.
Drowning is an accident, picking a gun and killing is not. Apples and oranges here.
Picking up a brick can accomplish the same thing.
Can you mass kill with a brick?

If you have lots and lots of bricks and either shoot them from cannons or drop them from bombers. Much like a small bullet can't kill without the gun.
I swear sometimes I just I can most gun lovers overseas and show thrm how it's possible to live without guns, and prevent mass killings. The US looks like it's in constant war...thousands die from gun violence...what a shame for this country.

Or send them to the areas that have a gun culture. Before Guns they had a Sword Culture. War after War, mass killings after mass killings, total disregard for people at all. Since the 7th century at least.

You claim you want children kept safe, but if you really felt that way, why would you not want more rules and bans in place to protect them, especially when there are things out there that are killing more young teens than guns? I notice you won't answer the question which tells me you have none.
Drowning is an accident, picking a gun and killing is not. Apples and oranges here.

If you have lots and lots of bricks and either shoot them from cannons or drop them from bombers. Much like a small bullet can't kill without the gun.
I swear sometimes I just I can most gun lovers overseas and show thrm how it's possible to live without guns, and prevent mass killings. The US looks like it's in constant war...thousands die from gun violence...what a shame for this country.
Well, every mass murderer was a democrat or clinically insane. What does that tell you?

Overseas there are terror attacks regularly, those are not mass killings? How does that work?

If the brick is big enough I can't see why not.
Lol so when was the last mass killing with a brick ?

Lighten up a bit. It's a joke.

Well, every mass murderer was a democrat or clinically insane. What does that tell you?

Every one of them? Most weren't attending members of anything. They are loners. And it's pretty apparent that they were clinically insane because only a clinically insane person would do such a thing. But were they enough to really take away their first amendment rights? Using your own scale, I imagine that we could build a pretty good case against either of of us. But the 1st Amendment gives us the benefit of the doubt. You want to suspend the 1st Amendment Rights? How about we suspend the next 9 as well?

I do. That's why I call for banning guns like other countries. I want American kids to grow up safe like I did in a gun free country.

The only "safe place" you had was the delusion of your own sick mind. I'm not interested in changing my nation to try to create that fantasy in reality.
Once your likes will be a minority things will change for the better. And remember it's just an "amendment".
And remember it's just an "amendment".

then it should be fairly easy to have it removed
It will...demographics are changing. :)

You are correct they over the last 59 years the idea of banning guns is more unlikely than likely as the numbers are trending against banning guns altogether.
Things will change, the fabric of America will change. It's a small world and rapidly changing.

Overseas there are terror attacks regularly, those are not mass killings? How does that work?

It's harder to get an AR or an AK in Europe. So they use IEDs and Vehicles. Most of the time, they can find the IEDs so not many go off. And there is nothing can be done about the vehicle maniacs. But they keep the body counts down as much as possible. But these are Terrorists that are organized. Not like our home grown mass killers.

Ban kids from driving or ban driving altogether unless it is public transportation would save more kids, so are you for that? Ban swimming pools and swimming would save more kids, are you for that? Ban all junk food, that would save more kids, are you for that? Ban kids on bicycles, even more lives saved, are you for that? Ban kids from smoking, are you for that? Lots of dangerous things we do, how much do you want to ban to save the children?
You know you look ridiculous to almost everybody on this earth when you use this argument ? Except to republicans and gun lovers.

It's called the Common sense approach. You do what you must do to make a common sense change. Some things are beyond your control but others are within your control so you change what you can and don't waste your time in the areas that you can't change. So your "Hey, Look Over There" routine isn't too common sense.

"The common sense approach". Which is what? You've already proven that it's not to look for middle ground in which to discuss acceptable compromises. So I can only assume that your definition of "common sense" is "shut up and give me everything I want RIGHT NOW!"

So listening to you is pretty obviously wasting our time in areas we can't change.

I actually listed 4 things that can be done and will be affective. Funny, Ronald Reagan proposed and got the 4th one which was to ban Assault Rifles from general sales. The other 3, I have said all along and now a bunch of traumtized school children are saying the same thing. It's you that will not compromise. You want me to shut up. Well, junior mass murderer, I won't. And that 78% that were brought up are starting to wake up and speak out. What's the matter, getting a bit noisy for your tastes?

*Eye roll* Tell you what, Chuckles. Why don't you address MY compromise points that you keep blowing off and dishonestly pretending don't exist, and then present your "4 things", and I'll show them the same courtesy?

I don't give a fuck if you shut up or not, so long as you understand just how much value your bullshit has, and that I hold you EVERY bit as responsible for those deaths as you hold me, for a lot better reasons.

Good point, but we provide federal funding for research on childhood cancer, accidents, you name it, all kinds of other health issues. But not a dime for research on guns killing children.

I agree, we need more training and awareness on children and their mental state. We also need training and classes on fire arms.

Also we need to look back on why school shootings are occurring now. We have had guns for centuries and only had school shootings since the mid to late 90's. So why now and not then. I think the school shootings are a symptom of a lot larger issue.

So you don’t care about children?
I do. That's why I call for banning guns like other countries. I want American kids to grow up safe like I did in a gun free country.

Ban kids from driving or ban driving altogether unless it is public transportation would save more kids, so are you for that? Ban swimming pools and swimming would save more kids, are you for that? Ban all junk food, that would save more kids, are you for that? Ban kids on bicycles, even more lives saved, are you for that? Ban kids from smoking, are you for that? Lots of dangerous things we do, how much do you want to ban to save the children?
You know you look ridiculous to almost everybody on this earth when you use this argument ? Except to republicans and gun lovers.

It's called the Common sense approach. You do what you must do to make a common sense change. Some things are beyond your control but others are within your control so you change what you can and don't waste your time in the areas that you can't change. So your "Hey, Look Over There" routine isn't too common sense.

The common sense approach is why have we had gun shootings in schools only within the last 23 years? We have had guns for a lot longer than that, yet the school shootings are now increasing in frequency. The shootings are the symptoms of a much bigger issue and banning guns like Issa wants, will not change anything, the problem will still be there.

Good point, but we provide federal funding for research on childhood cancer, accidents, you name it, all kinds of other health issues. But not a dime for research on guns killing children.

I agree, we need more training and awareness on children and their mental state. We also need training and classes on fire arms.

Also we need to look back on why school shootings are occurring now. We have had guns for centuries and only had school shootings since the mid to late 90's. So why now and not then. I think the school shootings are a symptom of a lot larger issue.
School shootings, and other mass shootings, are the result of a sick society. No laws can protect us. If someone wants to kill others, there is no way to stop them. Also, mass shootings are a non issue since they amount to a fraction of a percent of all shooting deaths. Even if we found a way to stop them, it would not significantly make things any safer. That's the ugly truth.

The only "safe place" you had was the delusion of your own sick mind. I'm not interested in changing my nation to try to create that fantasy in reality.
Once your likes will be a minority things will change for the better. And remember it's just an "amendment".

You are correct they over the last 59 years the idea of banning guns is more unlikely than likely as the numbers are trending against banning guns altogether.
Things will change, the fabric of America will change. It's a small world and rapidly changing.

It has changed from 60% for banning to 28% for banning the tide has changed. Thanks for pointing it out.

"The common sense approach". Which is what? You've already proven that it's not to look for middle ground in which to discuss acceptable compromises. So I can only assume that your definition of "common sense" is "shut up and give me everything I want RIGHT NOW!"

So listening to you is pretty obviously wasting our time in areas we can't change.

I actually listed 4 things that can be done and will be affective. Funny, Ronald Reagan proposed and got the 4th one which was to ban Assault Rifles from general sales. The other 3, I have said all along and now a bunch of traumtized school children are saying the same thing. It's you that will not compromise. You want me to shut up. Well, junior mass murderer, I won't. And that 78% that were brought up are starting to wake up and speak out. What's the matter, getting a bit noisy for your tastes?

*Eye roll* Tell you what, Chuckles. Why don't you address MY compromise points that you keep blowing off and dishonestly pretending don't exist, and then present your "4 things", and I'll show them the same courtesy?

I don't give a fuck if you shut up or not, so long as you understand just how much value your bullshit has, and that I hold you EVERY bit as responsible for those deaths as you hold me, for a lot better reasons.

For starters, the points you want to address really has little to do with the Mass Shootings. It's a "Look Over There" stunt. Yah, I know they are important to you but they don't address the problem of the first time shooter shooting up community gatherings including schools and concerts. Mine do. If you can't get your way, there will be no way at all. So be it. We do it in spite of you.

You certainly do not act like you are are assuming as much responsibility as I am about those shootings. Otherwise you would address those 4 points without conditions. Therefore, it's more important for you prove you are right than the saving of lives and we will go on to solve just one set of problems in spite of you.

It has changed from 60% for banning to 28% for banning the tide has changed. Thanks for pointing it out.

You left out the 78% that want better gun laws. Banning never has been an issue and never will as long as we have even a smidgen of the Democratic or Republican Government left. But many are saying our gun laws needs to be looked at seriously and changed to match today's needs.

The common sense approach is why have we had gun shootings in schools only within the last 23 years? We have had guns for a lot longer than that, yet the school shootings are now increasing in frequency. The shootings are the symptoms of a much bigger issue and banning guns like Issa wants, will not change anything, the problem will still be there.
Is not just school shootings my friend, Americans have been shooting each other since day one.

School shootings, and other mass shootings, are the result of a sick society. No laws can protect us. If someone wants to kill others, there is no way to stop them. Also, mass shootings are a non issue since they amount to a fraction of a percent of all shooting deaths. Even if we found a way to stop them, it would not significantly make things any safer. That's the ugly truth.

WE may not be able to stop them but we can work to keep the body count down and allow the powers that be the time and tools to prevent as many of them as they can. It's really difficult to stop a Sicko the first time. But it's done on a daily basis. WE have two just around here in the last week. But you can't stop all of them. So you can only reduce the body count in that case by making them use a less lethal weapon. Someone mentioned using a Baseball Bat. Good choice if you are going to kill 2 or three before you get overwhelmed.

JESUS, that was a stupid post. Are you such a con troll that you are totally unable to look for the truth? Of corse you are. Just a mentally deranged con tool. And truth, nor integrity, nor class are of any interest to you. Just blathering out unproven and unprovable con talking points. Which, summarily, makes you of no matter at all. Just another empty head. Thanks for being clear what a waste of space you are.

So you don’t care about children?

It isn't common sense to blame people for crimes they don't commit

Some judges would declare, with a straight face, that all Conservatives are mentally ill. The ugly truth is that anyone who is a law abiding citizen has the right to buy a firearm.

Just about every mass murderer was a law abiding citizen up until he started killing people.
That is a specious argument.

The everyone is a criminal in waiting thing is the biggest crock of bullshit you people spew.

Yes.

You can commit mass murder with a can of gasoline, a car, a truck, a truck with a snow plow would be very effective you can commit mass murder with a knife, and yes a gun and probably a hundred other things

Forum List

Back