The Republican question of “what is a woman?”

No, but you can delude yourself into thinking that if you want. Go ahead and fantasize about me being trans or gay, it makes no difference to me what you believe about me.

Stay in the closet. I don’t care. But no sane person would forward such an absurd notion unless they were a closeted trans

I have to hand it to republicans on this one. Nothing else gets woke liberals studdering more. It’s a basic question and they have trouble answering it. Republicans milk that effect for all it’s worth, but sure, they rightfully feel “correct”.

Here’s the thing though:

1) Not every liberal agrees with the woke left on this narrative about gender. A lot of us agree that people are born as they are and biologically there is no changing it.

2) However, given the logic of point number 1, it doesn’t somehow excuse the dehumanization of the transgender population. They are still people and they deserve as much as respect as anyone else. Republicans often think it is “gross” or “weird” to them so they try to dehumanize them as much as possible. They can’t accept that what makes us human is often pretty complicated and they don’t need to have any natural empathy for it.

3) “Gender” has a varied definition that sets it apart from “sex”. While these terms can be used interchangeably, there is a variation of the word of the word “gender” that is defined purely psychologically. “Gender” can be defined as a social construct. Someone might naturally reject any psychological norms that often defines their sex. They may feel, for whatever reason, they are not the sex they are born with. One might argue with this position all day long, but the reality is that is how they feel regardless of whether or not you and I think it is based in biology. When it comes to mental disorders, it is no longer considered a mental disorder in the DSM. When it was, it was called “gender identity disorder”. Even when this was a considered a disorder, it was defined by the mental distress it caused in the person with it. It wasn’t defined by how others saw it. A mental disorder can only be defined as something that harms the person with it or causes harm to the people around them. If you think this causes psychological harm to people around them, you are willfully ignorant.
No one even understands transgenderism yet. It seems highly likely that it is a mental disorder, like schizophrenia. Telling trans dudes that they are women might be the same as telling the schizo that the voices in his head are real. You guys might actually be doing harm.

No one even understands transgenderism yet. It seems highly likely that it is a mental disorder, like schizophrenia. Telling trans dudes that they are women might be the same as telling the schizo that the voices in his head are real. You guys might actually be doing harm.

You seem to have misspelled “obvious”. And to have thrown in a few gratuitous “might”s.

Wrong.
There are many causes, and all are well understood.

What people forget is that DNA is not magic.
You may have DNA for a penis, but pesticides, herbicides, food hormones, a virus, or all sorts of things can cause a vagina to grow instead.

Wrong.
There are many causes, and all are well understood.
That is a bullshit statement backed by nothing. NO ONE understands transgenderism in 2023. We probably wont for another hundred years.

Stop pretending you know something more than psychiatrists. It’s so fucking stupid. You don’t even have a degree.

Only a fool thinks you need a degree to tell the difference between a man and a woman.

Not sure why so many want to look like fools, but here you have it.
Except that wasn’t what my point even was you dumb fuck.

We understand it about as well as we understand mental disease in general.
Nope. We have studied this for what, maybe two decades at most? Also, is there really that much studying of trans behind the scenes? I doubt it. There arent enough of them to warrant it.

Stop pretending you know something more than psychiatrists. It’s so fucking stupid. You don’t even have a degree.
Stop pretending psychiatrist understand transgenderism. They dont have a fucking clue what it is yet.

If in the future, technology allows men to become women, genetically, morphologically (the physique/shape of their bodies), physiologically (with a vagina and womb, uterus with eggs), then that human being would now be a woman. It wouldn't matter that in the past they were born male and were men, if technology allowed them to transform themselves (transition), into women. That wouldn't be a man anymore but a woman. If in the future, technology becomes so advanced that we can transform people's bodies to whatever type of life we want to transform it into, then whoever goes through one of those transformations, isn't going to end how they started, ontologically and otherwise. What they were, in the beginning, won't be what they are at the end of the process.
While i'll agree technology will most likely advance , i'll wager moral turpitude to follow it , which seems the norm Commie dude ~S~

While i'll agree technology will most likely advance , i'll wager moral turpitude to follow it , which seems the norm Commie dude ~S~

Why would that be "turpitude" or depraved? Based on what metric would you judge a man in the future, becoming an actual woman using currently unavailable advanced technology, "evil"?

Stop pretending psychiatrist understand transgenderism. They dont have a fucking clue what it is yet.
No one can actually know if they are in the wrong body unless they’ve somehow been in that body.

It’s crazy to think that a man, who can’t ovulate or have periods could possibly understand the ramifications.

If adults have gender dysphoria, why does not the establishment, prescribe hormones that match the gender that folks biology is?

Would this not treat a possible cause of the problem, rather than make things worse?

I have posted this, in a few other places when the transgender/LGBT debate comes up. I really do have empathy for those who are suffering from endocrine disruption and gender development problems. I don't have much tolerance for those who are gloming onto the agenda, and normalizing this pathology though, as a cover for global corporations' sins.

We need to clean up our environment, and our world. Post haste.

"There are, indeed transgender folks. And when the issue comes up, several members of the forum have posted scientific studies on the issue, which delve into the genetics, at both the DNA level and the hormone/endocrine disruption level.

With that said? When I read these studies, they also state, that the number of population that is inflicted with these various conditions range from one tenth of one percent, to five tenths of one percent. Which means, one to five people out of a thousand, and this, is on the small end, not even full blown expression.. . . . . just small genitals. . . . we aren't even talking the most extreme cases yet at this point.

Now, there is a good case to be made for the corporate pollution of the environment of endocrine disputers causing a lot of this. .. Alex Jones warned about this back a few decades ago. And he turned out to be right. This is a cause for a lot of the frogs "turning gay," and decrease in amphibian populations, and there are many other endocrine disrupting chemicals in the environment. They have banned BPA, but the latest news? A good portion of the population has micro-plastics in their bloodstream. Prospective parents should educate themselves on how to mitigate this risk.

Rather than the right and left being caught up in a culture war. . . we should hold the global corporatations accountable for destroying normal life on the planet.

Shanna Swan: 'Most couples may have to use assisted reproduction by 2045'​

".. . You’ve spent more than
20 years examining the effects of hormone disrupting chemicals on reproductive health. Are you now sounding the alarm?
I am directly speaking to this hidden problem people don’t like to talk about, which is their sub-fertility or reproductive problems, and how that is tied to the environment. People are recognising we have a reproductive health crisis, but they say it’s because of delayed childbearing, choice or lifestyle – it can’t be chemical. I want people to recognise it can. I am not saying other factors aren’t involved. But I am saying chemicals play a major causal role. It is difficult to use that word, “cause”, but it’s a body of evidence. We have mechanisms, animal studies, and multiple human studies.

Female fertility declines rapidly after about 35. Isn’t that why so many people are turning to IVF?
It’s not that simple. When a colleague and I looked at the change in impaired fecundity [the ability to have children] we were surprised to see younger women had experienced a bigger increase than older age groups. This suggests that something besides ageing and delayed childbearing is affecting fertility.
Moreover, there’s compelling evidence that the risk of miscarriage has been rising among women of all ages.
Which chemicals are the most worrying for reproductive health and how do they work?
Those that can interfere with or mimic the body’s sex hormones – such as testosterone and oestrogen – because these make reproduction possible. They can make the body think it has enough of a particular hormone and it doesn’t need to make any more, so production goes down.

Sperms' swimming and navigational skills disrupted by common chemicals
Read more
Phthalates, used to make plastic soft and flexible, are of paramount concern. They are in everybody and we are probably primarily exposed through food as we use soft plastic in food manufacture, processing and packaging. They lower testosterone and so have the strongest influences on the male side, for example diminishing sperm count, though they are bad for women, too, shown to decrease libido and increase risk of early puberty, premature ovarian failure, miscarriage and premature birth.
Bisphenol A (BPA), used to harden plastic and found in cash-register receipts and the lining of some canned-food containers, is another. It is oestrogen mimicking and so is a particularly bad actor on the female side, increasing risks of fertility challenges, but likewise it can affect men. Men occupationally exposed to BPA have shown decreased sperm quality, reduced libido and higher rates of erectile dysfunction. Other chemicals of concern include flame retardants and certain pesticides such as atrazine.. . . "

iu

". . . One does not have to look very far to realize that there has been a global increase in gender dysphoria in children. In recent years, parents have been caught publicly parading their child’s “transformation” from one gender to another. Last year, the UK published statistics that noted a more than ten-fold increase in children being referred for treatment for gender identity issues. This month, the National Geographic high-lighted the story of a 9-year boy who has been living as a girl.

Undoubtedly, there are many causes for the increase. It’s been a generation or two since parents believed they could teach their girls to be girls and their boys to be boys. Today, pediatricians and parents are taught to be hypersensitive about toddlers’ changing ideas on gender. Schools across the western world are teaching children that gender is a choice. Universities and colleges have asked students to choose a pronoun to match their identity. Some cities are punishing people who refuse to participate in this gender confusion mania. With this normalization and glorification of gender dysphoria, there is no wonder children are confused. But has anyone asked about environmental factors?

endocrine-disruptors-e1616063299615.png

Chemicals from plastics, household products, pesticides, herbicides and birth control abound in the environment. All of them are known endocrine disruptors.

The endocrine system in humans and animals consists of hormones and glands that regulate every bodily function. It plays a role in all phases of development, metabolism, and behavior.

Plastics decompose and contaminate soil and water. Birth control contaminates water supplies. Pesticides are regularly sprayed in and around homes, businesses, and schools. Pesticides and herbicides are sprayed on every commercial crop. All of them contaminate food, water, and soil.. . . .
"

"

I have to hand it to republicans on this one. Nothing else gets woke liberals studdering more. It’s a basic question and they have trouble answering it. Republicans milk that effect for all it’s worth, but sure, they rightfully feel “correct”.

Here’s the thing though:

1) Not every liberal agrees with the woke left on this narrative about gender. A lot of us agree that people are born as they are and biologically there is no changing it.

2) However, given the logic of point number 1, it doesn’t somehow excuse the dehumanization of the transgender population. They are still people and they deserve as much as respect as anyone else. Republicans often think it is “gross” or “weird” to them so they try to dehumanize them as much as possible. They can’t accept that what makes us human is often pretty complicated and they don’t need to have any natural empathy for it.

3) “Gender” has a varied definition that sets it apart from “sex”. While these terms can be used interchangeably, there is a variation of the word of the word “gender” that is defined purely psychologically. “Gender” can be defined as a social construct. Someone might naturally reject any psychological norms that often defines their sex. They may feel, for whatever reason, they are not the sex they are born with. One might argue with this position all day long, but the reality is that is how they feel regardless of whether or not you and I think it is based in biology. When it comes to mental disorders, it is no longer considered a mental disorder in the DSM. When it was, it was called “gender identity disorder”. Even when this was a considered a disorder, it was defined by the mental distress it caused in the person with it. It wasn’t defined by how others saw it. A mental disorder can only be defined as something that harms the person with it or causes harm to the people around them. If you think this causes psychological harm to people around them, you are willfully ignorant.
See my OP on this subject, though the premise had no thing to do with Republican politics

Thread 'My thoughts on transgenderism, gender fluidity. See what you think.'
My thoughts on transgenderism, gender fluidity. See what you think.

That is a bullshit statement backed by nothing. NO ONE understands transgenderism in 2023. We probably wont for another hundred years.
Of course transgenderism is understood. It is a mental illness. Fortunately it affects only a fraction of a percent. What the current explosion in transgenderism is, is a more virulent form of mental illness. It is people who have been screaming for attention their whole lives.

No matter how virulent, they must learn to leave children alone or, yes there will be tranny hunters looking to tan hides and mount them.

Forum List

Back