The religious right and social conservatism are going to destroy the Republicans.

So generous. I am allowed freedom of thought.

But, not to speak them in public, or to engage in the political process to have my views and interests represented in policy.

That is bigotry and oppression and tyranny.

Congratulations. You have become your enemy.

You're confused.

ha ha. yeah right. I made a statement and then explained it.

You just made the statement and let it go at that. Because you knew that you could not back it up.

How about this for a plan moving forward.

When religious people make a political statement or demand, you fight that demand, based on the merits on their argument, or lack there of, without resorting to marginalizing them, based on their being a member of a group.

What could be wrong with that?

Technology is improving. I think that is masking a lot of the decline of our society.

In my city, we have forgotten how to NOT let people shit in the streets.

We don't have the... whatever it is, that lets us know that is wrong and should not be tolerated.

So everybody is just shitting in the street huh? Not just homeless and mentally ill people?

And you have the nerve to talk to me about reading comprehension?

LOL!!!

Try again. This time, read what I said and respond to it, instead of a strawman.

It is you liberals that are tying to make your views, the only alternatives.

ANY other views, are labeled as ist or phobic and dog piled.

There is no room left for people that think gays shouldn't marry and the scientists are lying to us about evolution and other topics.

You just demonstrated my point.

You are the people that are trying to make your views that only allowable views.

Playtime posted a complaint about religious people, and you just demonstrated the action that she was complaining about.

Does that matter to you? Or are you actively aware that your stated concerns are not your real issues?

my 'complaint' is that NO religion belongs in politics

per

the

constitution.
Nowhere in the constitution does it ban religion from politics. That is absurd.

i didn't say anything about 'banning' .... i am talking about the separation of church & state.

when one votes & sets policy based on their religion rather than the constitution - that is in direct violation of the constitution.
When you say you want "no religion" in politics, you are calling for a ban.

It is NOT a violation to vote or set policy based on your religious views.

if it is in direct CONtradiction to the constitution it is.

Which is a statement which applies to all groups. Yet, here you are applying it only to religious groups.

THat is you being a bigot and trying to oppress them and deny them their rights to participate fully in the political process.

I've been hearing this for as long as I could remember and yet the Republican Party endures.

He said destroy Republicans. Not right wing nut job fringe America. We know you fuckwits will continue to be around.

Fortunately, attrition is slowly but surely reducing your numbers.

There is no room left for people that think gays shouldn't marry and the scientists are lying to us about evolution and other topics.

You are the people that are trying to make your views that only allowable views.

Playtime posted a complaint about religious people, and you just demonstrated the action that she was complaining about.

Does that matter to you? Or are you actively aware that your stated concerns are not your real issues?

per

the

constitution.

i didn't say anything about 'banning' .... i am talking about the separation of church & state.

when one votes & sets policy based on their religion rather than the constitution - that is in direct violation of the constitution.

Voting for an unconstitutional law is not unconstitutional. Same for passing said law. In order for it to be deemed unconstitutional you have to get in from of the judicial branch.

voting & setting law based on any religious doctrine is itself unconstitutional.

it makes one religious belief more important than any other belief
(or non belief)
Plenty of Sunday laws still on the books and deemed constitutional.

per

the

constitution.

Voting for an unconstitutional law is not unconstitutional. Same for passing said law. In order for it to be deemed unconstitutional you have to get in from of the judicial branch.

voting & setting law based on any religious doctrine is itself unconstitutional.

it makes one religious belief more important than any other belief
(or non belief)

All groups, religious or otherwise, vote and try to set law.

I've been hearing this for as long as I could remember and yet the Republican Party endures.

He said destroy Republicans. Not right wing nut job fringe America. We know you fuckwits will continue to be around.

Fortunately, attrition is slowly but surely reducing your numbers.
Stating the truth doesn’t make me a fringe right wing nut job, but in your defense you’re not very observant or very bright.

As technology advances, people in 1st world countries are becoming more miserable, not less. do you honestly believe America as a whole is happier today than it was 20 years ago?

I think we're in transition as a society. Change hurts. It will get better though.

When religious people make a political statement or demand, you fight that demand, based on the merits on their argument, or lack there of, without resorting to marginalizing them, based on their being a member of a group.

All I need to do is sit back and watch your views become irrelevant. Nobody is silencing you. People just don't believe in it as much anymore. That trend won't stop. Belief in fairy tales will not be common in the distant future of humanity.

All I need to do is sit back and watch your views become irrelevant. Nobody is silencing you. People just don't believe in it as much anymore. That trend won't stop. Belief in fairy tales will not be common in the distant future of humanity.

If that was true, you would not be here, starting threads discussing the need to get religious people OUT of politics.

What you are doing is actively injecting anti-religious bigotry into the system in order to marginalize and thus silence people who oppose you.

YOu are working to spread religious bigotry.

Everything you have said in this thread, is about denying them a voice.

Religion is just losing its voice because not enough people believe in it. Nobody is taking it from you.

When you actively spread the idea that it is wrong for one group of people to engage in normal politics, and encourage the idea that they should not have a voice,

you are trying to take it from them.

If that was true, you would not be here, starting threads discussing the need to get religious people OUT of politics.

I just think Republicans should stop pandering to them. They can go start their own party if they want to. I'm not trying to take their voice away. They're becoming irrelevant. Their views are losers at the polls.

When you actively spread the idea that it is wrong for one group of people to engage in normal politics, and encourage the idea that they should not have a voice,

you are trying to take it from them.

The Republicans and conservatism do not owe them loyalty when their views don't win. They can make their own party to participate in the political process. The Republicans distancing themselves from losing opinions is not religious people having their voice taken away. It's just part of the process of becoming irrelevant.

I'm not threatened by your views. I don't want to take away your voice. I just think social conservatism is hurting the Republicans.

I just think Republicans should stop pandering to them. They can go start their own party if they want to. I'm not trying to take their voice away. They're becoming irrelevant. Their views are losers at the polls.

Christians are part of the Republican coalition.

Much like Trannies are part of the Democrat coalition.

Should the D's tell She-Males to shove off and form their own party, as most Americans are uninterested in changing their gender?

Forum List

Back