The religious right and social conservatism are going to destroy the Republicans.

You are insane. From the beginning of civilization until recently same sex couples were not recognized the same as a man and a woman. BTW there is no such thing as gay marriage. There is no evidence that man evolved from apes/chimps.

Okay pal.

dude couldn't be any more psychic if he tried:

AAA-Barry-Goldwater-Robert-Spitz-check-quote-1.jpg

Quotation-Barry-Goldwater-Religious-factions-will-go-on-imposing-their-will-on-others-66-50-18.jpg

It is you liberals that are tying to make your views, the only alternatives.

ANY other views, are labeled as ist or phobic and dog piled.

barry goldwater was a (R) ... & a fiscal conservative.

that was when the GOP was worth a damn. saint ronny - who - by today's (R) 'standards' would ironiclly be considered a liberal.... started the whole christianity infused political arena.

The op has admitted that he wants his views to be the only alternative.

the OP believes religion should be separate from politics....

as did the founding fathers when they constructed the constitution.

jefferson was the biggest fan of all re: the separation. read his letter to the danbury baptists.

I will agree that morals are certainly not important to Democrats and the country and the world is in a state of moral decline.

Morality is subjective.

That is the view of your side of the argument, and the side that is winning as you point out.

SO, how it that working out for society?

In the city you live, are they still able to keep people from shitting in the streets?

There is no room left for people that think gays shouldn't marry and the scientists are lying to us about evolution and other topics.

You just demonstrated my point.

You are the people that are trying to make your views that only allowable views.

Playtime posted a complaint about religious people, and you just demonstrated the action that she was complaining about.

Does that matter to you? Or are you actively aware that your stated concerns are not your real issues?

Your "views" aren't the issue. It's the legislative action and court stacking (decisions) that come from your "views" that are the issue. You can't just live and let live. Understand that every society, every economy, every country evolves. It's OK to express a view against gay marriage. But when those views as a group translate into action against gay marriage in the form of pressuring courts and legislatures to restrict or make it illegal based on your religious views, that's an issue.

There is no room left for people that think gays shouldn't marry and the scientists are lying to us about evolution and other topics.

You are the people that are trying to make your views that only allowable views.

Playtime posted a complaint about religious people, and you just demonstrated the action that she was complaining about.

Does that matter to you? Or are you actively aware that your stated concerns are not your real issues?

my 'complaint' is that NO religion belongs in politics

per

the

constitution.

That constitution does not say that. You are lying.

As always.

I don't think my views should be the only views allowed. I just think it would be amazing if the Republicans stopped representing the religious right. It's not my fault your world view is becoming more and more irrelevant.

Name the biggest issue, in which you respect those that disagree with you.

I will agree that morals are certainly not important to Democrats and the country and the world is in a state of moral decline.

Morality is subjective.

People will not do the ”right thing” just for the good of society. If not answering to a higher power, people will do whatever they think is best for them that won’t land them in jail or otherwise be negatively affected. If the police are on vacation and the bank vault is open, do you think more priests would be caught in the vault or atheists?

That is the view of your side of the argument, and the side that is winning as you point out.

SO, how it that working out for society?

In the city you live, are they still able to keep people from shitting in the streets?

Generally speaking life is improving all over the world. As technology continues to grow it will change everything. Once religion becomes almost completely irrelevant humanity will be fine. Nobody will miss y'all.

People will not do the ”right thing” just for the good of society. If not answering to a higher power, people will do whatever they think is best for them that won’t land them in jail or otherwise be negatively affected. If the police are on vacation and the bank vault is open, do you think more priests would be caught in the vault or atheists?

Not everybody needs consequences in order to not be a shitty person. I think humans will become more and more empathetic and benevolent as time goes on and technology makes our struggle easier.

Your "views" aren't the issue. It's the legislative action and court stacking (decisions) that come from your "views" that are the issue. You can't just live and let live. Understand that every society, every economy, every country evolves. It's OK to express a view against gay marriage. But when those views as a group translate into action against gay marriage in the form of pressuring courts and legislatures to restrict or make it illegal based on your religious views, that's an issue.

The op disagrees with you. He has stated that our views are the issue.

Mmm, and it seems you agree. YOu are kind enough to let us talk, for now, and that's something.

But, it seems that you don't think that people that disagree with you, should be allowed to engage in the political process.

That is discrimination and oppression based on religious beliefs.

And, that is certainly unconstitutional.

per

the

constitution.
Nowhere in the constitution does it ban religion from politics. That is absurd.

Not everybody needs consequences in order to not be a shitty person. I think humans will become more and more empathetic and benevolent as time goes on and technology makes our struggle easier.

You are kidding yourself.

Mmm, and it seems you agree. YOu are kind enough to let us talk, for now, and that's something.

But, it seems that you don't think that people that disagree with you, should be allowed to engage in the political process.

I understand why religious people operate the way they do in politics. I just think you're losing and that the main conservative party needs to ditch your losing views.

per

the

constitution.

As always.

i don't lie. you saying that is a lie. the first amendment clearly states there should be no state sanctioned religion... the freedom of religion doesn't mean that we are a 'christian' nation as claimed & governed by too many politicians that base their voting decisions on their religion.

freedom OF religion & freedom FROM religion.

btw- dummy -- - - i am a christian. so there's that. & jefferson basically said to keep it to myself in his letter to the danbury baptists.

which i do.

Name the biggest issue, in which you respect those that disagree with you.

Not respecting your views doesn't mean I think you shouldn't be allowed to have them.

So generous. I am allowed freedom of thought.

But, not to speak them in public, or to engage in the political process to have my views and interests represented in policy.

That is bigotry and oppression and tyranny.

Congratulations. You have become your enemy.

I understand why religious people operate the way they do in politics. I just think you're losing and that the main conservative party needs to ditch your losing views.

And then you want them permanently marginalized and disenfranchised.

That is oppression and tyranny. Based on religious beliefs.

per

the

constitution.

As always.

i don't lie. you saying that is a lie. the first amendment clearly states there should be no state sanctioned religion... the freedom of religion doesn't mean that we are a 'christian' nation as claimed & governed by too many politicians that base their voting decisions on their religion.

freedom OF religion & freedom FROM religion.

btw- dummy -- - - i am a christian. so there's that. & jefferson basically said to keep it to myself in his letter to the danbury baptists.

which i do.

THe constitution does say that we should not have an established state church.

ANd that is all it says. It says nothing about religious people not beign allowed in politics or government.

Forum List

Back