The Reality that Racists Who Are White Refuse to Face

Documenting the Costs of Slavery, Segregation, and Contemporary Racism: Why Reparations Are in Order for African Americans
View attachment 516672

Joe Richard Feagin is an American sociologist and social theorist who has conducted extensive research on racial and gender issues, especially in regard to the United States. He is currently the Ella C. McFadden Distinguished Professor at Texas A&M University. Feagin has taught at the University of Massachusetts, Boston, University of California, Riverside, University of Texas at Austin, University of Florida, and Texas A&M University. Feagin has done much research work on race and ethnic relations and has served as the scholar in residence at the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. He has written over 60 books. He is the 2006 recipient of a Harvard Alumni Association achievement award and was the 1999–2000 president of the American Sociological Association.

Since the mid-1600s, now for some fifteen generations or so, the exploitation and oppression of African Americans has redistributed income and wealth earned by black labor to generations of white Americans, thereby leaving the former relatively impoverished as a group and the latter relatively privileged as a group. Consider just the value of the African American labor that was expropriated. The white owner’s cost for maintaining an enslaved African American was generally very low, and under many circumstances large profits could be generated from the labor of such a subordinated worker. For example, researcher Larry Neal has calculated that the current (1983) value of the slave labor expropriated by whites from 1620 to 1865 ranges from about $963 billion to as much as $97,064 billion, depending on the rate of interest chosen for the long intervening period. Historical economist James Marketti estimates the dollar value of the labor taken from enslaved African Americans from 1790 to 1860 to be, depending on the historical assumptions, from $7 billion to as much as $40 billion. Such a figure roughly indicates what black individuals and families lost in income because they did not control their labor. Marketti suggests that, if that stolen income is multiplied by taking into account lost interest from then to the present, the current (1983) economic loss (income diverted) for black Americans ranges from $2.1 to $4.7 trillion. Updating these 1983 estimates to today would place the current value of the diverted income from black labor, plus interest, into many trillions of United States dollars.

Numerous white analysts have attacked the idea of white society owing such back wages for slavery; they argue that figuring out the debts of a supposedly too-distant history is just too difficult. Yet such an argument almost always fails to note that the damages done to African Americans did not end with slavery, but persisted for another one hundred years in the form of legal segregation, and then for several more decades in present-day discrimination. The era of black enslavement was not followed by a century of redress, justice, and equality, but rather just the opposite. Moreover, today, there are millions of living African Americans who suffered severely under legal segregation, and many more continue to suffer today from racial discrimination at the hands of many white Americans.

Of course I will see the standard retardation by delusional racist whites and those who wannabe white about democrats and liberals, but this is reality and if you have to concoct some crazy shit to deny what is documented in the American record, your ass is a mental case needing to take up residency at your nearest funny farm.
CrackHeads and their desperate stunts for money. Grow up IM2...get off welfare, learn some self respect, stop demanding others baby you mooching ass.

Wrong. I'm black and I know what the problem is. You're white and making assertions based on a belief and not lived experience. It's time whites stopped trying to tell us what they think and listen to what we know.
Its time for you to quit being a racist punk.

Someone after my own heart - a serious reader. McGhee is so right and makes so much sense. Economic equality would benefit all of us and not take anything away from any of us.
Exactly. I've been talking about Economic Equality since the mid 1990's. That's the last frontier relative to civil rights.

It's good to talk to another person who reads serious stuff instead of facebook and twitter fluff.

Its time for you to quit being a racist punk.
I'm not the racist and it's time whites like you to shut up and listen. You don't know what you're talking about.

You failed to answer my question so here it is again

why didnt africa explore, conquer and enslave the white euros during the 12th to 14th century instead of how history actually went down?
Fuck your question. Because Africans took Europe out of the dark ages. Africans didn't need what was in Europe.

All you seem to 'know' is that white racism is the cause of all your problems. It's a broken record that dominates every 'conversation' about black problems.

Racism is a fact of life that minorities have to live with, and manage to the best of their ability.

You wave off the concept of black capital formation, which is the key to a healthy, educated, and prosperous black society.

After studying this for nearly 40 years, I come to my conclusion. It's easy for white trash to tell someone how we have to live with racism. No, we don't. I don't wave off anything when I say what I do. Your conclusion is simply inaccurate and refuses to recognize the prime causal factor for the condition many blacks are in.

Fuck your question. Because Africans took Europe out of the dark ages. Africans didn't need what was in Europe.
If that is your best answer ok

but you are wrong of course since my next and last question is why did africa allow itself to be colonized and enslaved by the euro’s?

If that is your best answer ok

but you are wrong of course since my next and last question is why did africa allow itself to be colonized and enslaved by the euro’s?
I am 100 percent correct. Now you go study what happened and then you'll learn that your question is stupid and that I won't be answering it.

After studying this for nearly 40 years, I come to my conclusion. It's easy for white trash to tell someone how we have to live with racism. No, we don't. I don't wave off anything when I say what I do. Your conclusion is simply inaccurate and refuses to recognize the prime causal factor for the condition many blacks are in.
If you don't have to live with racism why is it even an issue?

Last edited:
I am 100 percent correct. Now you go study what happened and then you'll learn that your question is stupid and that I won't be answering it.
As the race baiter that you are I understand why you dodged the question

and I wont ask again since the answer is patently obvious, and painful for you

Okay for arguments sake, let’s agree all the dysfunction in black communities is caused by white racism. Then isn’t it incumbent on blacks to come together and solve their problems? Or is this not possible, because white racism prevents blacks from solving problems?

Documenting the Costs of Slavery, Segregation, and Contemporary Racism: Why Reparations Are in Order for African Americans
View attachment 516672

Joe Richard Feagin is an American sociologist and social theorist who has conducted extensive research on racial and gender issues, especially in regard to the United States. He is currently the Ella C. McFadden Distinguished Professor at Texas A&M University. Feagin has taught at the University of Massachusetts, Boston, University of California, Riverside, University of Texas at Austin, University of Florida, and Texas A&M University. Feagin has done much research work on race and ethnic relations and has served as the scholar in residence at the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. He has written over 60 books. He is the 2006 recipient of a Harvard Alumni Association achievement award and was the 1999–2000 president of the American Sociological Association.

Since the mid-1600s, now for some fifteen generations or so, the exploitation and oppression of African Americans has redistributed income and wealth earned by black labor to generations of white Americans, thereby leaving the former relatively impoverished as a group and the latter relatively privileged as a group. Consider just the value of the African American labor that was expropriated. The white owner’s cost for maintaining an enslaved African American was generally very low, and under many circumstances large profits could be generated from the labor of such a subordinated worker. For example, researcher Larry Neal has calculated that the current (1983) value of the slave labor expropriated by whites from 1620 to 1865 ranges from about $963 billion to as much as $97,064 billion, depending on the rate of interest chosen for the long intervening period. Historical economist James Marketti estimates the dollar value of the labor taken from enslaved African Americans from 1790 to 1860 to be, depending on the historical assumptions, from $7 billion to as much as $40 billion. Such a figure roughly indicates what black individuals and families lost in income because they did not control their labor. Marketti suggests that, if that stolen income is multiplied by taking into account lost interest from then to the present, the current (1983) economic loss (income diverted) for black Americans ranges from $2.1 to $4.7 trillion. Updating these 1983 estimates to today would place the current value of the diverted income from black labor, plus interest, into many trillions of United States dollars.

Numerous white analysts have attacked the idea of white society owing such back wages for slavery; they argue that figuring out the debts of a supposedly too-distant history is just too difficult. Yet such an argument almost always fails to note that the damages done to African Americans did not end with slavery, but persisted for another one hundred years in the form of legal segregation, and then for several more decades in present-day discrimination. The era of black enslavement was not followed by a century of redress, justice, and equality, but rather just the opposite. Moreover, today, there are millions of living African Americans who suffered severely under legal segregation, and many more continue to suffer today from racial discrimination at the hands of many white Americans.

Of course I will see the standard retardation by delusional racist whites and those who wannabe white about democrats and liberals, but this is reality and if you have to concoct some crazy shit to deny what is documented in the American record, your ass is a mental case needing to take up residency at your nearest funny farm.
Ok what does this have to do with you?

View attachment 516672

^ Exhibit A

“The worst enemy that the Negro have is this white man that runs around here drooling at the mouth professing to love Negros and calling himself a liberal, and it is following these white liberals that has perpetuated problems that Negros have. If the Negro wasn’t taken, tricked or deceived by the white liberal, then Negros would get together and solve our own problems. I only cite these things to show you that in America, the history of the white liberal has been nothing but a series of trickery designed to make Negros think that the white liberal was going to solve our problems. Our problems will never be solved by the white man.” -- Malcolm X

Exactly. I've been talking about Economic Equality since the mid 1990's. That's the last frontier relative to civil rights.

It's good to talk to another person who reads serious stuff instead of facebook and twitter fluff.
Oh, I saw Heather McGhee on a news show this morning and she was saying that some people think that the only way they can live in a multiracial society is to dominate. Very true and very sad.

I'm not the racist and it's time whites like you to shut up and listen. You don't know what you're talking about.
So, you're not racist but "white people need to shut up"... yet you cannot see the reality disconnect in your own words. Yes YOU are a racist. Billions of dollars have been spent in efforts to increase employment opportunities and training. Billions and billions poured into schools while the students in those schools have drop-out rates of 50% and less than 20%-30% graduate with a reading or math level at a competent level. Dude, quit pretending that you are angelically perfect and that white people are monsters.

Yeah, there are some first class a A-wipes who are. But dammit, until you can admit that your culture, and we are told n a daily basis that we have to be accepting of your culture. But until you are honest about some of the shortcomings of the violence and total disregard for decency in your culture, many are not going to ever have a job nor will they deserve one. I think YOU do not know what you are talking about. Do you even understand how the economic system works? That to have money you have to do something, or create something of value?

Oh, I saw Heather McGhee on a news show this morning and she was saying that some people think that the only way they can live in a multiracial society is to dominate. Very true and very sad.
McGhee is a very impressive person and she is totally right.

If the multiracial society was conservative as in predominately trump voters it would be peaceful

what causes violence is different and strongly held beliefs and values

I give you africa as an example where tribes slaughter each other for political power and social dominance even though everyone is black

So, you're not racist but "white people need to shut up"... yet you cannot see the reality disconnect in your own words. Yes YOU are a racist. Billions of dollars have been spent in efforts to increase employment opportunities and training. Billions and billions poured into schools while the students in those schools have drop-out rates of 50% and less than 20%-30% graduate with a reading or math level at a competent level. Dude, quit pretending that you are angelically perfect and that white people are monsters.

Yeah, there are some first class a A-wipes who are. But dammit, until you can admit that your culture, and we are told n a daily basis that we have to be accepting of your culture. But until you are honest about some of the shortcomings of the violence and total disregard for decency in your culture, many are not going to ever have a job nor will they deserve one. I think YOU do not know what you are talking about. Do you even understand how the economic system works? That to have money you have to do something, or create something of value?
White racists like yourself do need to shut up with their opinions of what is wrong with the black community. That is not racist, it is my opinion after read the bullshit whites like you keep posting. Billions of dollars have not been spent on blacks and white racism still continues to be a problem. Our culture is not the problem, we live in the American culture and racism by whites in the American culture is the problem. Until you live as a black person and face that racism you can't tell me how it isn't. Whining about me being a racist because you are white and cannot handle being told that the universe doesn't revolve around your opinion is not my problem. Everything you say is incorrect, and until YOU recognize the shortcoming of YOUR culture you will be too ignorant to understand what you're being told. Don't ask me if I know how the system is supposed to work according to you, understand that the problem is the racism in the system and that white racism has got to go.

If the multiracial society was conservative as in predominately trump voters it would be peaceful

what causes violence is different and strongly held beliefs and values

I give you africa as an example where tribes slaughter each other for political power and social dominance even though everyone is black
Whites are responsible for 2 world wars and whites commit most of the violence here. Your first sentence is evidence of your delusion.

Whites are responsible for 2 world wars and whites commit most of the violence here. Your first sentence is evidence of your delusion.
Really?

I have news for you

trump voters did not start WWII

Forum List

Back