The reality that comes with Romney's "truth"...

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Rice says he is working part-time and doesn't pay taxes because he can't find a good job. And the fact that Romney wrote him off in those comments is frustrating.

"I am insulted. I support you and you just wrote me off with the 47% who pay no taxes. In that group are those who cry every time they use food stamps; people who would trade them in a minute for a real job. In that group are Christians who shudder at the thought of voting for abortion and gay rights," he wrote in an iReport. "You have strengths that appeal to the demographic you just wrote off ... use it! In the middle of rich supporters you cannot afford to write off a huge group with a careless word."

"I never took a penny in help or government assistance money or otherwise. I own two businesses, and all I have been doing, along with my business partners, is creating jobs. I am not a victim," Sanli said in response to the CNN poll on Facebook. "I worked hard and built it all from scratch and I pay a lot of taxes. I am not as rich as Romney, but I sure pay a much bigger percentage of my income in taxes than he does. I find his remarks to be un-American, shocking and insulting."

Jason Asselin, an iReporter from Iron Mountain, Michigan, is an independent who says that he generally votes for the best candidate, despite their affiliation, though he likes the ideas and stances of the tea party.

While Asselin is normally a critic of Obama, he said Romney's comments really angered him because he doesn't pay taxes, but it isn't because he doesn't want to.

"I try paying taxes each year and every year they say we don't make enough, it isn't that I don't want to pay my taxes - they won't take them," he says. "Our government put rules and regulations in place for the lower class of people. It isn't our fault for falling under that. I don't like being called the 47%, I'd like to be called American."

Romney's remarks huge mistake or plain truth? – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

You see? It doesn't matter whether what he said was true or partially true or even fabricated. It was the way he said it, and who he said it to...

Anyone who wants to pay taxes isn't part of the 47% who are so devoted to obama's hand outs they will vote for him no matter what.

You see? It doesn't matter whether what he said was true or partially true or even fabricated. It was the way he said it, and who he said it to...

When you have to doctor a tape (and MaJones has already admitted that they did), then you're on to a loser.

Shame on the left for doctoring materials. Dishonesty from the left wing. I am both flabbered and gasted.

When you have to doctor a tape (and MaJones has already admitted that they did), then you're on to a loser.

Shame on the left for doctoring materials. Dishonesty from the left wing. I am both flabbered and gasted.

Are you saying Romney did NOT speak his own words? If so, why is Romney staunchly supporting what he said as the truth?

So you are admitting that liberals think they own other people. We used to call that slavery, and that did not work out too well last time around.

no, i was just making a joke...Good for you to go above and beyond showing us how dumb you are twit.

it was a serious question. do you have a serious answer or do you not look that far down the road?

No it was stupid.
Sigh to humor you, both sides are out to "own" what people do. From Abortion and sex on the right, to what you eat and drink on the left so on and so on.

They are both part of the problem. This is an issue one doesn't have to look "down the road" on. Not when its right in your face.

Good lord. The whole of America has now seen those tapes. Even if a minute or two were left out, would it have made any differance?

No, the video was not edited, it left out a couple of minutes. Minutes that might even have added to the embarressment. You people just realize this campaign is in a rapid death spiral, and will say anything to try to salvage it. How are you going to muzzle Romney:badgrin:

Good lord. The whole of America has now seen those tapes. Even if a minute or two were left out, would it have made any differance?

No, the video was not edited, it left out a couple of minutes. Minutes that might even have added to the embarressment. You people just realize this campaign is in a rapid death spiral, and will say anything to try to salvage it. How are you going to muzzle Romney:badgrin:

Unless you can address me as an individual, don't waste your time addressing me at all. I don't respond to 'group think' assclowns now... y'all bore me.

no, i was just making a joke...Good for you to go above and beyond showing us how dumb you are twit.

it was a serious question. do you have a serious answer or do you not look that far down the road?

No it was stupid.
Sigh to humor you, both sides are out to "own" what people do. From Abortion and sex on the right, to what you eat and drink on the left so on and so on.

They are both part of the problem. This is an issue one doesn't have to look "down the road" on. Not when its right in your face.

you've done some pretty dancing here,, but the question was.."what happens when the takers out number the givers." do you have an answer? if you don't it's okay to say "NO, I don't have an answer."

Lovin' the further evidence of the lack of intellect from the left now... apparently, one doesn't need the full tape, we can rely on some hack site to 'edit' it... perhaps MJ know that lefties are dumb borg who can't cope with the whole context thing.

Forum List

Back