The realities of the Trump administration

This is really strange, but, then, everything about the Trump administration is strange. His followers agree.

They don't talk about the Trump administration.

The top communications official at the powerful cabinet department in charge of combating the coronavirus stated that career government scientists were engaging in “sedition” in their handling of the pandemic and that left-wing hit squads were preparing for armed insurrection after the election.

The Times reports, "Michael R. Caputo, the assistant secretary of public affairs at the Department of Health and Human Services, accused the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of harboring a “resistance unit” determined to undermine President Trump, even if that opposition bolsters the Covid-19 death toll.

"Mr. Caputo, who has faced intense criticism for leading efforts to warp C.D.C. weekly bulletins to fit Mr. Trump’s pandemic narrative, suggested that he personally could be in danger from opponents of the administration. “If you carry guns, buy ammunition, ladies and gentlemen, because it’s going to be hard to get,” he urged his followers.

"He went further, saying his physical health was in question, and his “mental health has definitely failed.'"

The Times added, '“Mr. Caputo is a critical, integral part of the president’s coronavirus response, leading on public messaging as Americans need public health information to defeat the Covid-19 pandemic,” the Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement."

Caputo has no background in health care. Where does Trump get these people?

Why does our President get these people?

This is really strange, but, then, everything about the Trump administration is strange. His followers agree.

The top communications official at the powerful cabinet department in charge of combating the coronavirus stated that career government scientists were engaging in “sedition” in their handling of the pandemic and that left-wing hit squads were preparing for armed insurrection after the election.

The Times reports, "Michael R. Caputo, the assistant secretary of public affairs at the Department of Health and Human Services, accused the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of harboring a “resistance unit” determined to undermine President Trump, even if that opposition bolsters the Covid-19 death toll.

"Mr. Caputo, who has faced intense criticism for leading efforts to warp C.D.C. weekly bulletins to fit Mr. Trump’s pandemic narrative, suggested that he personally could be in danger from opponents of the administration. “If you carry guns, buy ammunition, ladies and gentlemen, because it’s going to be hard to get,” he urged his followers.

"He went further, saying his physical health was in question, and his “mental health has definitely failed.'"

The Times added, '“Mr. Caputo is a critical, integral part of the president’s coronavirus response, leading on public messaging as Americans need public health information to defeat the Covid-19 pandemic,” the Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement."

The article is complete bullshit.
Do you disagree that forces within the CDC are working against the administration?

Did I say the Trump administration was strange?

Politico reports, "A digital ad released by a fundraising arm of the Trump campaign on Sept. 11 calling on people to “support our troops” uses a stock photo of Russian-made fighter jets and Russian models dressed as soldiers.

"The ad, which was made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, features silhouettes of three soldiers walking as a fighter jet flies over them.

" After this story was published, the creator of the image, Arthur Zakirov, confirmed in a Facebook message that it shows a 3D model of a MiG-29, and that the soldiers were Russian models. He said it was a composite photo created five years ago and taken in three different countries showing the Russian sky."

Why are college students going to large parties on and off campus across the United States? Why are thousands, going to the beaches again, particularly on summer holidays? Why are bars filling up again with business as usual along with indoor restaurants?

That's easy.

Our President is doing it.
IMHO, colleges and universities are not doing near enough to control the spread of the virus. They should be requiring tests periodically with quarantining of positive cases and suspending students that are not social distancing and wearing masks. Kids in college are there to learn but they are also there to have a good time. They are not going to voluntarily follow the rules unless they are enforced. Unfortunately there are many that prefer to follow Trump's example, just another way Trump is dividing the country making it impossible to control the virus.

Trump said he's downplays the virus to prevent panic. The truth is he downplays the virus because he wants people to ignore the deaths, the quarantining, the sickness, the resulting economic impact, and the violence that comes from millions of young people with no job, no classes, no financial resources, and nothing to do but hit the streets in protest. With an election only weeks away, Trump has lots of reasons to be downplaying the virus and it's impact on the country.

One of the reasons the Trump administration is strange is that Trump supporters are reluctant to admit it even exists and Trump cultivates that idea. It's Donald vs the government, the deep state, the swamp. So when the CDC fails to produce test kits that work, Trump is not responsible, nor is he responsible for the screw ups by his FDA, nor the failure of his Homeland Security to maintain PPE emergency supplies, nor his bundling State Dept, and all the rest of deep state and swamp that works for him. His followers prefer to ignore the fact that Trump hand picked every cabinet position, and their deputies, every major agency and their deputies, all his advisors and staff. Trump is the face of his administration for which he is responsible and when they screw up, the buck stops with the president. Whether he makes a decision or leaves it to his people to do, it remains ultimately his responsibly because he is responsible for the performance of his people. Yet, the only thing we hear from Trump when failure can not be hidden is "I take no responsibility".

Just hours before allied invasion of Europe in WWII Dwight D. Eisenhower wrote a short speech that he would never have give. It reads as follows:

"Our landings in the Cherbourg-Havre area have failed to gain a satisfactory foothold and I have withdrawn the troops," Eisenhower wrote. "My decision to attack at this time and place was based upon the best information available. The troops, the air and the Navy did all that bravery and devotion to duty could do. If any blame or fault attaches to the attempt it is mine alone."

This is what real leadership is all about, taking responsibility, not looking for who to blame. Trump has never understood this and never will which is why he is not now nor will he ever be a real leader.

Last edited:
Trump wanted a large bounce coming out of the Republican National Convention, and early evidence is that he did not receive one. The new ABC News/Ipsos poll is especially harsh for Trump. Although it did not poll the horse race, it did poll the candidates' favorability ratings.

Detailed findings:

Among all Americans, responses to the RNC are more negative than the DNC.

Slightly more than one in three Americans (37%) approve of what the Republicans said and did at their convention, compared to 59% who disapprove. After the DNC, 53% approved of the Democrats’ message.

Sixty-two percent feel the Republicans spent too much time criticizing the Democrats, compared to 51% of Americans who said Democrats spent too much time criticizing Republicans at their convention.

Currently, 31% of Americans feel favorable toward Donald Trump, unchanged from last week (32%) and similar to his standing before both conventions (35%).

The same is true for Joe Biden: 46% feel favorable, virtually the same as last week (45%). However, more Americans feel positive toward Biden than negative, an improvement from earlier in August.

Just over a third of Americans (35%) approve of how Trump is handling the response to the coronavirus, unchanged from the end of July (34%).

Views toward Trump, Biden unchanged after the conventions | Ipsos
Biden is going to get creamed wacko.

Trump's extreme narcissism requires that he be the center of attention at all times. If that means making a fool of himself, so be it. The more outrageous the statement the better.

"I'm not doing it for political reasons, I want the vaccine fast. You wouldn't have a vaccine for years ... I speeded up the process with the FDA... We're going to have a vaccine in a matter of weeks, it could be four weeks, it could be eight weeks ... we have a lot of great companies," Trump in an interview on "Fox & Friends" Tuesday

"When we win, we will have a deal with Iran within four weeks,"The Hill.

Our President lies to us so easily now.

Last edited:

???

Are you trying to help or hurt? In my opinion you are hurting, not helping. Is that your intention?

CNN reports, "Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday joined the foreign ministers of the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain at the White House to mark historic normalization agreements between Israel and the two Arab countries."

Trump is a pathetic little man is trying to make something from nothing. He is trying to solve a 70-year old major conflict with rhetoric. The pathetic little man is trying desperately to look important.

Trump is dealing with an accommodating ally in the Middle East and secondary players.

First, it was UAE, now Bahrain, hardly major players in the Middle East. Who is next? Oman?

Why? Because Trump has gotten the U.S. thrown out of the Middle East, in some respects replaced by Russia. Trump's unilateral decisions (Jerusalem, etc.) benefited only Israel. No Middle East deal counts unless it involves the major Arab republics -- Egypt, Jordon, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and the Palestinian government.

But those Arab republics do not trust the U.S. as long as Trump is President, and neither does Great Britain, France, and Germany because he gave away the ranch with nothing to show for it. Those are the genuine brokers in the Middle East.

And possibly Russia, in the case of Syria.

Not the U.S.

Trump's attempts to make a big deal out agreements between a compliant ally and minor Arab powers is both laughable and tragic. It is the story of a little man trying desperately make himself look important and failing miserably.

There are times I almost feel sorry for Trump.

Almost!

I would have to forgive him for thousands of American lives lost because he would not act while lying to the American people. That I can't do.

Last edited:
Because Trump has gotten the U.S. thrown out of the Middle East, in some respects replaced by Russia. Trump's unilateral decisions (Jerusalem, etc.) benefited only Israel. No Middle East deal counts unless it involves the major Arab republics -- Egypt, Jordon, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and the Palestinian government.

This is an agreement, not a treaty and not a signed alliance between Israel and the two gulf nations. How was this made possible? To begin with, a common enemy, Iran.

" For years, Israel has had covert relations with many of the Sunni Gulf states, driven in recent years by a mutual de facto alliance against Iran. The UAE and Bahrain are close allies of the US, with each country hosting a significant US military presence. The US Air Force has deployed F-35 fighter jets to an air base in Abu Dhabi, while the Navy's Fifth Fleet and Central Command are based in Bahrain.

"Chief among these behind-the-scenes relations was the United Arab Emirates, with numerous public examples of the growing ties between the two states becoming more common. In late-2015, Israel opened a diplomatic-level mission to the International Renewable Energy Agency in Abu Dhabi. In 2018, then-culture minister Miri Regev made a state visit to the Grand Mosque on the heels of an Israeli gold medal at a judo tournament in the Emirates. Israel was also invited to Expo 2020 Dubai, a world expo that has since been delayed by the coronavirus pandemic.

"Like the UAE, Bahrain also had covert ties with Israel stretching back years. In addition, Bahrain has a small but sustained Jewish community, with one of its members serving as the country's ambassador to the United States from 2008-2013. The small Gulf kingdom also hosted the unveiling of the economic portion of the White House's plan for Middle East peace, signaling a willingness to engage with the US -- and subsequently Israel -- on the issue, even at a time when no progress on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict appears possible."

I is safe to say it is not in anyone's interest for the three signatories to piss off the President of the United States. Essentially, there are three U.S. allies getting together to make an agreement.

Can you say photo op? Just in time for the November elections, too.

Last edited:
Because Trump has gotten the U.S. thrown out of the Middle East, in some respects replaced by Russia. Trump's unilateral decisions (Jerusalem, etc.) benefited only Israel. No Middle East deal counts unless it involves the major Arab republics -- Egypt, Jordon, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and the Palestinian government.

This is an agreement, not a treaty and not a signed alliance between Israel and the two gulf nations. How was this made possible? To begin with, a common enemy, Iran.

" For years, Israel has had covert relations with many of the Sunni Gulf states, driven in recent years by a mutual de facto alliance against Iran. The UAE and Bahrain are also close allies of the US, with each country hosting a significant US military presence. The US Air Force has deployed F-35 fighter jets to an air base in Abu Dhabi, while the Navy's Fifth Fleet and Central Command are based in Bahrain.

"Chief among these behind-the-scenes relations was the United Arab Emirates, with numerous public examples of the growing ties between the two states becoming more common. In late-2015, Israel opened a diplomatic-level mission to the International Renewable Energy Agency in Abu Dhabi. In 2018, then-culture minister Miri Regev made a state visit to the Grand Mosque on the heels of an Israeli gold medal at a judo tournament in the Emirates. Israel was also invited to Expo 2020 Dubai, a world expo that has since been delayed by the coronavirus pandemic.

"Like the UAE, Bahrain also had covert ties with Israel stretching back years. In addition, Bahrain has a small but sustained Jewish community, with one of its members serving as the country's ambassador to the United States from 2008-2013. The small Gulf kingdom also hosted the unveiling of the economic portion of the White House's plan for Middle East peace, signaling a willingness to engage with the US -- and subsequently Israel -- on the issue, even at a time when no progress on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict appears possible."

I is safe to say it is not in anyone's interest for the three signatories to piss off the President of the United States..

Can you say photo op. Just in time for the November elections, too.

Poor butt hurt baby.

???

Are you trying to help or hurt? In my opinion you are hurting, not helping. Is that your intention?
I don't understand. Did you read my post?

CNN reports, "President Donald Trump faced life outside his own political bubble on Tuesday, where his self-congratulation, buck passing and audacious falsehoods conspicuously failed to meet the moment when he was confronted by undecided voters.

"Trump appeared at an ABC News town hall in Philadelphia, and peppered a socially distanced audience with the rhetoric and talking points that delight his loyal base. But if his goal was to satisfy relatively small groups of voters who haven't yet made up their mind, he fell short and rarely addressed the substance of questions.

"It was an unusual moment of exposure for a leader who demands constant public praise from his subordinates. On Tuesday night, audience members granted him the respect due to his office but none of the adulation he craves."

It is positively amazing that Trump submits himself to events and interviews like this. The reason is, he has extremely high confidence in himself borne of his excessive narcissism, when, in reality, all he does is make a fool of himself as he did last night.

One example among many is when he was asked why he downplayed the pandemic, essentially lying to the American people.

"Yeah, well, I didn't downplay it. I, actually, in many ways, I up-played it, in terms of action," Trump said.

Trump is captured on tape made by Woodward, heard by millions, admitting to downplaying the pandemic and that he was still doing it.

Our President no longer knows the difference between a lie and the truth.

When will this man learn to keep his mouth shut?

Answer: Never.

"

"Yeah, well, I didn't downplay it. I, actually, in many ways, I up-played it, in terms of action," Trump said.

That is, of course, correct.

I don't understand. Did you read my post?
[/QUOTE]

You understand perfectly.
[/QUOTE]
In my post I pointed out the glaring difference between real leadership as displayed by Eisenhower in the D day invasion and Trump's failure to take responsibility for his failures. I do not know if that helps or not. It's just my opinion.

That is, of course, correct.

If Trump "up-played" it as you say he did, then why did he take so long to shut down the travel from Europe? Shouldn't he have done that when he shut down travel from China?

In my post I pointed out the glaring difference between real leadership as displayed by Eisenhower in the D day invasion and Trump's failure to take responsibility for his failures.

This thread deals with what Trump us doing and saying. If you wish to make abstract comparisons, start your own thread. You are interfering with the flow of this one.

I am interested in hearing from Trump followers attempting to defend Trump, but they are completely silent about the issues.

I wish to hear from anyone who deals with today's issues and what Trump is doing an saying.

Yesterday I heavily criticized the agreement, not treaty, between Israel, UAE, and Bahrain. Somehow, according to Trump and Fox News, this became a great achievement that will bring peace to the Mideast and soon solve the Palestinian question.

I said that was total B.S., a mere photo op. I explained in detail why that was true.

Not a peep from Trump's followers. They didn't even cut and paste Trump friendly articles on the subject. Either they know this all a bunch of B.S., or ...

The issues were way over their heads.

We will never know which.

Why does Trump want to kill Americans? Did Putin get more than he bargain for when he chose to support the Trump Presidency?

Those two questions deserve a detailed explanation.

Over 201,000 Americans have lost their lives to the coronavirus, and there are over 6.8 million cases in the U.S. Due to Trump's admitted lying to Americans and his subsequent slow reaction to the threat, that is quarter of the world's cases and 20% of the world's deaths. Compared to other industrialized nations, Trump's efforts were pathetic. United States Coronavirus: 6,825,967 Cases and 201,278 Deaths - Worldometer

Trump continues to hold political rallies, some indoors. Thousands are gathered in close quarters and few are wearing face-masks because Trump discourages them. Trump loves the adulation he receives, and his adoring admirers do as they told.

Trump is killing some of them, and others will land in a hospital, seriously ill.

Last night, Trump told an ABC audience, "People don't want to wear masks. There are a lot of people [who] think the masks are not good."

This, despite the CDC's repeated calls for Americans to wear face masks to prevent the spread of the coronavirus,

While we are on the subject, in a Senate hearing today, Dr. Robert Redfield, the director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, testified that mask wearing may be a more effective protection against coronavirus than a potential vaccine.

"I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against Covid than when I take a Covid vaccine, because the immunogenicity may be 70%. And if I don't get an immune response, the vaccine is not going to protect me. This face mask will," Redfield said.

You are not going to believe what Trump said at his press conference today. I heard him, and I still can't believe what our President said about the CDC director.

“I think he made a mistake when he said that. It’s just incorrect information,” Trump told reporters. “That is incorrect information.” This from a guy who recommended injecting Lysol into veins to kill the virus.

"I believe if you asked him he would probably say that he didn't understand the question,” Trump added.

Trump is truly amazing. He has gotten used to lying now. It is a tactic. Trump openly lies to the American people at his press conferences.

Trump wants to kill Americans. Someone tell me what other conclusion is there.

Forum List

Back