The real reason for face masks

Redfish is afraid of the numbers, and he should be. Sweden (with twice the population of Norway, Finland, and Denmark) has about 6,000 deaths and the others about 1,000. That means Sweden has three times per capita deaths of the other three nations.

Typical herd mentality by Redfish and the other Trumper excusers.

Use the following to run your own numbers: finland deaths covid - Google Search

twice as many human beings have died from abortion in the last two days than have died from covid since January-------------------------you libs are raving lunatics with no perception of reality. So Sweden had more deaths than Norway? so what? who is doing the counting in both countries? Are swedes who die from diabetes being coded as covid deaths as they were in NY? this is all propaganda of one form or the other, intelligent people see through the BS. Sorry Jakey boi, that does not include you.
1. "herd immunity" Sweden has death twice the amount of per capita than Norway, Finland, and Denmark combined: fact.

2. The abortion argument is a logical fallacy of false equivalency: fact.

3. You are the human equivalent of a mindlessly chattering chipmunk: fact.

Wrong!

First of all, Sweden did not at all attempt herd immunity, but simply made social distancing voluntary instead of by mandated decree.

Second is that Sweden pretty much ended their epidemic, while all other countries have no end in sight, and can keep killing 30,000 people a month, forever.

Wow, and the Dems have even convinced other countries to use masks too!

They're so evil!
FEAR and CHAOS is CONTROL---------the globalists seeking control and power aren't worried just about the US even though we are the world leader now and are their main target.
We're not "the world leader" any more. Trump has withdrawn us from that position. Trumpsters have said, over and over, that they don't give two shits about what other countries think of us, and they cheer when we withdraw from global initiatives. Germany is probably the world leader now, and China is gaining, unfortunately.
No if anyone did that it was that asshole Obama. That asshole hated this country and did everything he could to destroy it and was giving away the sore just as fast as he could. Trump has been busy repairing the damage that asshole did with both hands tied behind his back by the damn swamp dwellers ever since he was put into office. They've also managed to brain wash fools like you. Of course it was a light cleaning and a quick wipe up in cases like yours.
Yes, you obedient Trumpsters are just too independent and smart and informed for me.

you stated the truth, a first for you. :afro:

Wow, and the Dems have even convinced other countries to use masks too!

They're so evil!
FEAR and CHAOS is CONTROL---------the globalists seeking control and power aren't worried just about the US even though we are the world leader now and are their main target.
We're not "the world leader" any more. Trump has withdrawn us from that position. Trumpsters have said, over and over, that they don't give two shits about what other countries think of us, and they cheer when we withdraw from global initiatives. Germany is probably the world leader now, and China is gaining, unfortunately.
No if anyone did that it was that asshole Obama. That asshole hated this country and did everything he could to destroy it and was giving away the sore just as fast as he could. Trump has been busy repairing the damage that asshole did with both hands tied behind his back by the damn swamp dwellers ever since he was put into office. They've also managed to brain wash fools like you. Of course it was a light cleaning and a quick wipe up in cases like yours.
Yes, you obedient Trumpsters are just too independent and smart and informed for me.

you stated the truth, a first for you. :afro:
Cool, Trumpster.

When a life killing virus becomes political all common sense based on the best non political Medical advice go's out the window.

As for the mask argument, I do not like masks, but they do help.
The reason why is not that they can filter out viruses.
They can't.
What they can do is act like a spit shield, and catch saliva and mucus droplets, which are thousands of times larger than viruses.'
So they do not help you from inhaling viruses.
But they do help you from spewing out droplets with millions of viruses.

They can't.
What they can do is act like a spit shield, and catch saliva and mucus droplets, which are thousands of times larger than viruses.'

true, but only if you are infected with the virus. if someone tests negative why do they need to mask? You also just refuted the lib argument that the mask protects others as well as the wearer. In reality it does neither, but if it makes you feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel good, wear it.

The real reason for face mask mandates is not to stop the spread of the Covid virus. Despite all of the BS regarding overloading our health care system, the real reason is to prolong the "pandemic" into the fall elections in order to affect the outcome. If we had let this virus run its course, we would have had a few more deaths earlier in the infection cycle followed by its virtual elimination by the end of this summer as an all-encompassing public health concern.

Instead, we have done everything we can to perpetuate the infection rate into the next flu season, thereby increasing the ultimate number of casualties from this crusade. This is completely contrary to any rational reasoning save one: DUMP TRUMP!
Sweden tried the herd immunity approach. It didn't work out very well

You are lying again. Sweden is already through the worst of the disease, their mortality rate is one of the lowest in Europe and their economy didn't suffer.

Of note: A study published in the Journal of Royal Society of Medicine on Tuesday that examined infection rates in Sweden compared to other countries found it "continued persistence of higher infection and mortality ... well beyond the few critical weeks period seen in Denmark, Finland and Norway, whose rapid lockdown measures seem to have been initially more successful in curtailing the infection surge."
except that isn't so. but hey, nice try.

From YOUR link...but, hey, lame try

A total of 5,810 Swedes have died of Covid-19 - significantly higher than its neighbours Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Sweden has significantly more people than its neighbors--------and had most of their deaths early on, with the numbers tapering off. While the other countries are starting to see their numbers rise.

Oh and one other tidbit that the libs and one world order like to leave out---------the virus likes to attack certain groups more than whites and even though sweden's population is almost double their nearest neighbors----------they have taken in far far far more africans and middle eastern people. I strongly suspect that most of the cases especially among the non-elderly victims come from these groups. (Which is why we aren't being given a racial break down of the infected and dead.)

Last edited:
Redfish is afraid of the numbers, and he should be. Sweden (with twice the population of Norway, Finland, and Denmark) has about 6,000 deaths and the others about 1,000. That means Sweden has three times per capita deaths of the other three nations.

Typical herd mentality by Redfish and the other Trumper excusers.

Use the following to run your own numbers: finland deaths covid - Google Search

twice as many human beings have died from abortion in the last two days than have died from covid since January-------------------------you libs are raving lunatics with no perception of reality. So Sweden had more deaths than Norway? so what? who is doing the counting in both countries? Are swedes who die from diabetes being coded as covid deaths as they were in NY? this is all propaganda of one form or the other, intelligent people see through the BS. Sorry Jakey boi, that does not include you.
1. "herd immunity" Sweden has death twice the amount of per capita than Norway, Finland, and Denmark combined: fact.

2. The abortion argument is a logical fallacy of false equivalency: fact.

3. You are the human equivalent of a mindlessly chattering chipmunk: fact.
Coron
Wrong!

First of all, Sweden did not at all attempt herd immunity, but simply made social distancing voluntary instead of by mandated decree.

Second is that Sweden pretty much ended their epidemic, while all other countries have no end in sight, and can keep killing 30,000 people a month, forever.
The numbers trip you up. What is 'herd immunity' is what you described Sweden's practices. Sweden continues to have two times the deaths per capita of the the other three nations. A vax will mean an acceptable way of treating coronavirus.

Redfish the king of false analogy. LOL

Aside from the fact that Trump supporters inanely state that a person with a preexisting condition that would eventually, at some future time, kill them anyway is not great loss, when they themselves would feel quite differently were they that person, or loved that person, it sort of misses the point.

Because, even if a person is a big enough asshole to not care about infecting some person who may die, when one person in a place of business gets infected, that person will not only infect customers, but fellow co-workers. and THAT is why the economy is still sucking and we are not in a V shaped recovery.
so why do glasses fog up when worn with masks? Dare step out or will you fold as everyone else has.

They can't.

true, but only if you are infected with the virus. if someone tests negative why do they need to mask? You also just refuted the lib argument that the mask protects others as well as the wearer. In reality it does neither, but if it makes you feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel good, wear it.
this!!! oh and btw, your masks aren't sealed to your skin so your spit is still getting out. what a bunch of demofk idiocy continued.

Demofks hate for humans to enjoy life. how sad they must really be. wow.

BTW, glasses fog up because the fking masks aren't glued to your face. your germs are still being released you bunch of fking idiots.

When you speak the air is transferred around the unsealed mask out and dispersed worse than if you weren't wearing it. too fking stupid.

The real reason for face mask mandates is not to stop the spread of the Covid virus. Despite all of the BS regarding overloading our health care system, the real reason is to prolong the "pandemic" into the fall elections in order to affect the outcome. If we had let this virus run its course, we would have had a few more deaths earlier in the infection cycle followed by its virtual elimination by the end of this summer as an all-encompassing public health concern.

Instead, we have done everything we can to perpetuate the infection rate into the next flu season, thereby increasing the ultimate number of casualties from this crusade. This is completely contrary to any rational reasoning save one: DUMP TRUMP!
Sweden tried the herd immunity approach. It didn't work out very well

You are lying again. Sweden is already through the worst of the disease, their mortality rate is one of the lowest in Europe and their economy didn't suffer.

Of note: A study published in the Journal of Royal Society of Medicine on Tuesday that examined infection rates in Sweden compared to other countries found it "continued persistence of higher infection and mortality ... well beyond the few critical weeks period seen in Denmark, Finland and Norway, whose rapid lockdown measures seem to have been initially more successful in curtailing the infection surge."
except that isn't so. but hey, nice try.

From YOUR link...but, hey, lame try

A total of 5,810 Swedes have died of Covid-19 - significantly higher than its neighbours Norway, Denmark and Finland.
and?

Wearing your mask is to protect others, Redfish, not you.

The wet flour motif is stupid. It is a fallacy of false equivalency.

protect others from what? I don't have it. How can I transmit something that I don't have? If anything, the mask is to protect the wearer. If your mask does not protect you why are you wearing it?
You can dispute CDC guidelines all you want, and you will never be right. You wear the mask to protect others from you.

why do you wear one? if not to protect yourself? If others wearing them protects you, why do you need one? If you go into a grocery store and everyone but you is wearing a mask, are you safe? We have a mask mandate here, except when you are eating or drinking, does covid stop moving when we are consuming food? This whole thing makes no sense.
It has been explained to you. You don't or won't get it. That is your problem and no one else.

I asked you a logical question, and you reply with bullshit. typical libtardian.

by the way, how can you and your sock rightwinger be on line at the same time? do you have two computers?
Your questions were logically and politely answered.

ps: have you considered that RW and I are not the same person?

Quit being silly.

you said "you wear the mask to protect others" I asked if you wear one to protect yourself, you answered with bullshit talking points and zero logic. CDC and WHO have both said that asymptomatic persons cannot transmit it, so if I dont have it or have it with no symptoms, my wearing a mask protects no one. Are you really going to post here that you dont wear a mask to protect yourself?

you and RW say the same things and use the same words and phrasing, so its logical to assume that you may be one person with two user names. I cannot prove it and you cannot disprove it. You are rarely on line with both names at the same time, so again, logic says that you are one person. I really dont care but deception seems to be a left wing trait these days.

When did they say THAT?

Maybe you are just not informed.

two week ago. look it up. my role here is not to be your teacher, educate yourself then you might not appear to ignorant.

You can't teach lie, unless you are a liberal.

protect others from what? I don't have it. How can I transmit something that I don't have? If anything, the mask is to protect the wearer. If your mask does not protect you why are you wearing it?
You can dispute CDC guidelines all you want, and you will never be right. You wear the mask to protect others from you.

why do you wear one? if not to protect yourself? If others wearing them protects you, why do you need one? If you go into a grocery store and everyone but you is wearing a mask, are you safe? We have a mask mandate here, except when you are eating or drinking, does covid stop moving when we are consuming food? This whole thing makes no sense.
It has been explained to you. You don't or won't get it. That is your problem and no one else.

I asked you a logical question, and you reply with bullshit. typical libtardian.

by the way, how can you and your sock rightwinger be on line at the same time? do you have two computers?

Quit being silly.

you said "you wear the mask to protect others" I asked if you wear one to protect yourself, you answered with bullshit talking points and zero logic. CDC and WHO have both said that asymptomatic persons cannot transmit it, so if I dont have it or have it with no symptoms, my wearing a mask protects no one. Are you really going to post here that you dont wear a mask to protect yourself?

you and RW say the same things and use the same words and phrasing, so its logical to assume that you may be one person with two user names. I cannot prove it and you cannot disprove it. You are rarely on line with both names at the same time, so again, logic says that you are one person. I really dont care but deception seems to be a left wing trait these days.

When did they say THAT?

two week ago. look it up. my role here is not to be your teacher, educate yourself then you might not appear to ignorant.
I actually like the Admiral until he got stupid and became a social justice warrior.......then played the you killed the women and work BS on me...............

Cloth masks are BS...........and to accuse someone of basically killing that women is INSANE.......those vulnerable to this should have done as he did and get a better mask...........

The lady who died may have had issues unknown.......idk........but pandemics kill people........Flu kills people....diabetes and so forth............You don't shut the country down........and don't go to tyranny for it........

It is also not good for you to breath into a rag..so bacteria forms and may give you a staff infection from hell ......

Too bad I had to iggy his pompus ass........he was actually pretty smart in other areas even though and asshole......I can deal with assholes if they got it together.

Accusing me of killing that women over cloth masks.......crossed the line.

Liar.

Quit being silly.

When did they say THAT?

You can't teach lie, unless you are a liberal.
And there is a conservative lie. :)

Should We All Be Wearing Face Masks? Here's Why Experts ...
www.sciencealert.com › this-is-why-advice-on-whether-you-should-w...

Apr 9, 2020 - Understanding the spread. To examine this, we need to first look at how coronavirus spreads and how masks might stop it. 010 mask graph ...
When and how to use masks - World Health Organization
www.who.int › ... › Advice for the public

WHO's guidance and advice on the use of masks to protect against and limit the spread of COVID-19.
Coronavirus Face Masks: Types & When to Use | Johns ...
www.hopkinsmedicine.org › conditions-and-diseases › coronavirus

Aug 20, 2020 - Should I wear a face mask or covering for coronavirus protection? ... In Maryland, face masks or coverings have been required in retail stores ...

Do face masks really reduce coronavirus spread? Experts ...
www.livescience.com › are-face-masks-effective-reducing-coronaviru...

Jun 2, 2020 - But the evidence for the efficacy of surgical or homemade masks is limited, and masks aren't the most important protection against the ...
Why Wearing A Face Mask Is Important - Universal Medical Inc.
blog.universalmedicalinc.com › wearing-face-mask-important

Wearing a face mask will help prevent the spread of infection and prevent the individual from contracting any airborne infectious germs. When someone coughs, ...

ok jake winger, if you want to live your life with a mask on, go for it. but those of us who actually have working minds may choose not to. Its called freedom, fool. If you choose to be a sheep to the government master, go for it. Real americans see the danger in that and will resist it to the death. Life without liberty is slavery. You are too stupid to understand that.
No, it isn't "freedom" to risk exposing others to a deadly virus. It isn't "freedom" not to wear a seatbelt. Somebody is selling you a wooden nickel and you can't buy enough. Not wearing a mask isn't freedom, its being REALLY fucking dumb for free.

If your mask protects you (why else would you wear it) then why do I need one to protect you? I don't have covid or any symptoms of it, so how would a mask protect anyone from me? and yeah, I get it, you are about to say, "you don't know if you have it" Well the CDC has said that asymptomatic people cannot transmit the virus. CDC has also recently corrected itself and said that only a small percentage of people who were included in the victim count actually died from covid, dying WITH covid is not the same as dying FROM covid.

this whole fiasco was designed by China and the NWO assholes to see how easily americans could be turned into obedient sheep. It worked on you, which is no surprise.
Seriously, how can you be so grossly misinformed when you have the internet at your fingertips? Yes, asymptomatic individuals can still spread the virus.

The remaining 89 of the 110 asymptomatic patients did not develop symptoms over the course of a 20- to 26-day follow-up timeframe, according to the researchers. However, they found that the asymptomatic patients had as large of a viral load in their noses, throats, and lungs as patients who were infected with the coronavirus and developed symptoms of Covid-19.
Further, the researchers found that asymptomatic patients carried the virus nearly as long as symptomatic patients. Almost 34% of the asymptomatic patients tested negative for the novel coronavirus after 14 days, and that percentage grew to 75% after 21 days. In comparison, 29.6% of the symptomatic patients tested negative after 14 days, and just under 70% tested negative after 21 days.

And, no, the CDC has not revised it's numbers. There are still over 180,000 Americans dead from COVID.

wrong again witchey, dying WITH covid is not dying FROM covid. so if an overweight old person with diabetes and emphysema dies and they find evidence of covid in the autopsy, what did he die of? Are you really as ignorant as you seem to be?
Yes, Fishy, they are. If not for COVID they would not be dead.

Almost 200,000 Americans are now dead due to COVID. How many are from Trump's mishandling?

Facts spank you again.

just a couple of facts for you. Trump banned travel from china and the EU earlier than any democrat recommended and in fact earlier than the CDC and WHO recommended. At that same time Pelosi was telling people to come to Chinatown to party and Biden was calling Trump xenophobic, Over half of the deaths ascribed to covid have been in nursing homes and have been people with serious underlying medical issues.

you used the word "mishandling" tell me specifically what Biden or any democrat would have done differently. Would they have built temporary hospitals faster? NO. Would they have gotten the public/private sector building ventilators and PPE faster? NO. Would they have banned travel faster? NO. Would they have created a covid task force with the best experts in the country faster? NO.

You have become nothing but a dem/lib lie repeater. your credibility on this forum is zero. Thats a shame because I think you are actually a pretty intelligent person.

Trump stopping SOME travel from China is not the be all end all of the pandemic. And it was Azar that told Trump to suspend travel from China. Inside Trump Administration, Debate Raged Over What to Tell Public

Yes, mishandling. It is the word everyone except his psychophants use to describe his response to the virus. All you have to do is type into your search engine "Trumps handling of COVID" and you will get nothing but articles about he has bungled the United State's response to the virus. We, the United States, are only 4% of the world's population, but have 20% of the world's cases.

What Biden or any other normal person would have done is NOT downplay the virus in public that he knew to be a virulent, deadly disease. Biden or any other normal person would listen to scientists who are experts in the field of epidemiology and not listen to a TV Radiologist that thinks "herd mentality" :lol: (herd immunity) is the way the U.S. should go.

How many Swedes have died from Covid in the last month? Maybe you should reread my OP and try again...

More than died in Norway, Denmark and Finland.

Sweden has twice as many people as Norway, Denmark or Finland. Sweden has about 10 million, the other three have about 5 million each. So it makes sense that Sweden would have the most cases. nice try, but FAIL

Sweden did, without needing a law to do it, what red states won't. ‘But What about Sweden?’ Well, Let’s Take a Look over There . . . | National Review

None of these assertions are exactly accurate; some are less accurate than others. The reality of Sweden’s policy choices is that they didn’t yield the nirvana the cheerleaders claim nor the catastrophic disaster that the country’s fiercest critics predicted. Perhaps the strongest argument against the lockdowns in the U.S. and most other European countries is that Sweden tried a different approach and ended up with comparable results.
First, Sweden did enact many restrictions on daily life, ones that are comparable to the restrictions in place in much of the United States right now. Sweden banned visits to retirement homes in April. Bars and restaurants were limited to table service, with tables two meters apart, and shut down a few establishments that didn’t enforce those rules. The country recommended that those who could work from home do so and that citizens practice social distancing. Public events were capped at 50 people, and starting in April, the government recommended citizens “avoid any large social gathering such as parties, weddings, funerals and other events attracting many people at the same time.” For businesses, “shops and shopping centers must do what they can to limit the number of people on their premises at any one time.”
The primary difference between Sweden and most other Western countries is that the Swedes never used the formal force of law to get citizens to alter their normal behavior. The Swedish government declared, “you should do these things to protect your health and the health of others,” and — in a concept many Americans will find alien and hard to understand — the overwhelming majority of citizens followed the instructions without any threat of legal penalty. Swedes trusted their leaders and health experts, and in most cases, didn’t need the potential penalty of fines and jail time to motivate them.
Second, Sweden’s caseload and death rate are not quite the worst, but pretty bad, particularly when compared to its neighbors.
Sweden currently ranks 34th highest in the world in cases per million citizens, at 8,638, and ranks 13th highest in deaths per million citizens, with 579.

Cloth masks are BS.
every mask is BS. just so you know. glasses fog up when worn with any mask. Guess what that means?

exactly, there is no way that a .3 micron mask blocks a .0125 micron virus cell.
Epidemiologist Redfish propounds garbage.

no, that is scientific FACT. a .3 micron filter cannot stop a .0125 micron virus cell. the disclaimer on the mask say it clearly. "this mask is not intended to prevent the spread of any virus, including covid and flu"

I am not an epidemiologist, but you are not a human being with basic intelligence.
Redfish, your say so is a no no. End of statement.
Its not my say, its a scientific FACT. end of statement.
No Lying little Fish, this is scientific fact:

They can't.

Is this imaginary person you describe getting a test every day? And a mask protects both. It's like this:

3EcrgXYFRQNq2MJ81rNw5fIHFz3FMcKcc1JkRHuiBWc.jpg

Forum List

Back