The Pulitzer prize officially lost their shit.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
... by giving it to Nikole Hannah for her work with the "1619 Project".

It is pure fiction. It is such a one-sided story of history revision probably done so far. And it won a Pulitzer Prixe.
GARBAGE.

michaeldundie.png

One of these is more impressive.

For Fucks sake... you want to give a prize to someone for writing about slavery - at least give it to someone like Daina Ramey Berry, Professor of African History UNiv of Texas.
At least she tells the truth.
I don't agree with everything she writes, as far as opinions, but she doesn't distort facts to create a narrative.

image-20170617-18169-1bsojn.jpg

Decent article by her here....

No bullshit narratives.... just what happened.
I don't agree with her assessment that slavery is still a major influence in America today, but when she writes about facts - she writes about facts.

The Pulitzer and The Nobel Prize like everything else the Liberati get control of have turned to shit.
It is just stupid.
It cheapens the awards, they use to mean something. Like REALLY mean something. And deserving.
The Pulitzer is an award given multiple times a year for usually a series of articles, but sometimes for a single article, that is especially important, ground breaking... etc.
The 1619 Project is revisionist garbage.
It is not groundbreaking... it is divisive lies.

Like slavery never existed in Africa..... hahaha.
It not only existed looooong before America, but still existed after America banned it

This is new to me, but I get the impression that this work is on the impact of slavery in the United States, not in other countries.

It is pure fiction. It is such a one-sided story of history revision probably done so far. And it won a Pulitzer Prixe.
GARBAGE.
What do you consider "pure fiction"?
She won for her commentary on American slavery & it's origins:

The 1619 Project is an ongoing initiative from The New York Times Magazine that began in August 2019, the 400th anniversary of the beginning of American slavery. It aims to reframe the country’s history by placing the consequences of slavery and the contributions of black Americans at the very center of our national narrative.

GARBAGE.

The 1619 Project is an ongoing initiative from The New York Times Magazine that began in August 2019, the 400th anniversary of the beginning of American slavery. It aims to reframe the country’s history by placing the consequences of slavery and the contributions of black Americans at the very center of our national narrative.
Well.... that is a mighty glossy way of putting it.

Like slavery never existed in Africa..... hahaha.
It not only existed looooong before America, but still existed after America banned it

This is new to me, but I get the impression that this work is on the impact of slavery in the United States, not in other countries.
Well...yes... but it is just another divisive group that will not let it heal.

Did you read it?
Did you?
I am aware of the 1619 project, a laughable contention that America wasn't founded in 1776... but 1619 when the first 20 slaves set foot on out shores.

I don't know what's in the book but I'm sure it's just an award for attacking white men... But what the 1619 project may not realize, or if they do they deny it, is that The United States didn't create slavery and wasn't built on slavery; it ended slavery - until the left found a new, modern, form of it with illegal immigrants.... but I digress.

The slave countries were the UK, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Canada, and many African nations, among others. The United States led the way in ending slavery.

The United States Constitution included the beginning of the end of slavery right from the beginning:

United States Constitution - Article 1 Section 9 Clause 1 said:
The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

What did that Founding Father, you know: the one whose statues the left wants removed, make sure was passed and signed in 1808, Thomas Jefferson, on the very first year the Constitution allowed for it? He signed the Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves. In less than 60 years, the United States would be in a terrible war with the death of 360,000 Union soldiers fighting and killing 265,000 of their Confederate brothers to keep the Democrats in the South from seceding so they could maintain their legalized slavery in perpetuity.

Did you read it?
Did you?
I am aware of the 1619 project, a laughable contention that America wasn't founded in 1776... but 1619 when the first 20 slaves set foot on out shores.

I don't know what's in the book but I'm sure it's just an award for attacking white men... But what the 1619 project may not realize, or if they do they deny it, is that The United States didn't create slavery and wasn't built on slavery; it ended slavery - until the left found a new, modern, form of it with illegal immigrants.... but I digress.

The slave countries were the UK, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Canada, and many African nations, among others. The United States led the way in ending slavery.

The United States Constitution included the beginning of the end of slavery right from the beginning:

United States Constitution - Article 1 Section 9 Clause 1 said:
The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

What did that Founding Father, you know: the one whose statues the left wants removed, make sure was passed and signed in 1808, Thomas Jefferson, on the very first year the Constitution allowed for it? He signed the Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves. In less than 60 years, the United States would be in a terrible war with the death of 360,000 Union soldiers fighting and killing 265,000 of their Confederate brothers to keep the Democrats in the South from seceding so they could maintain their legalized slavery in perpetuity.

The British politician William Wilberforce began the fight to end slavery and the UK outlawed it in 1833. The Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves did nothing to eliminate slavery in this country, and the Fugitive Slave Acts of 1793 and 1850 were designed specifically to perpetuate slavery.

It makes no historical sense to identify slavery with one or the other of our current major political parties, whose policies have changed radically since 1865. To do so is totally misleading.

The idea that this is an award for "attacking white men," when white men were on both sides on the issue of slavery and fought on both sides in the Civil War is total horseshit. Some of the traitor states of the confederacy even mentioned the preservation of slavery as one of their aims. It is no secret that the economies of some states were built on slavery.

One glaring problem with the recounting of history is that, more than not, the experiences and the thoughts of those actually caught in the middle are omitted and forgotten. As I understand, this is a work dedicated to exploring the experiences of the African-Americans who were enslaved and their descendants, not those of white men arguing over the issue of slavery. The stories of post-war sharecroppers and those who fled on the Underground Railway, as well as those who lived under Jim Crow need to be told, as well. Otherwise, we have a very incomplete picture. This same principle applies to any group of people who have been caught in the middle of something or were otherwise victimized.

GARBAGE.

Like the Oscars, these awards are not indicative of quality, but are a nod to the distribution of "right thinking".

GARBAGE.

In this case, "reframe" = "rewrite".

It makes no historical sense to identify slavery with one or the other of our current major political parties, whose policies have changed radically since 1865. To do so is totally misleading.

The left's policies have not changed at all. Beto is still calling for keeping open borders because "who will clean our toilets" or something to that effect. Just sounds a lot like "who will pick our cotton" - oh wait. They say that, " Who will pick our vegetables?" No, the left has partnered with the plantations to keep slavery going but now the plantations don't even have to feed or house the slaves; they put that on the middle class.

The idea that this is an award for "attacking white men," when white men were on both sides on the issue of slavery and fought on both sides in the Civil War is total horseshit. Some of the traitor states of the confederacy even mentioned the preservation of slavery as one of their aims. It is no secret that the economies of some states were built on slavery.

I agree; it's absolutely horseshit that they give awards for attacking white men. I wish they'd stop but the left ignores the white men who built this nation and freed it from slavery.

And those southern state economies that were built on the slavery: those were the southern American British Colonies with slaves imported by Portugal, Spain, Holland, UK, England, etc.

There were concessions made in the Constitution and the convention to get those southern British colonies into the Union and those concessions were made explicitly to get those colonies into the Union with the purpose of being able to, eventually, end their slavery.

The United States is not the country of slavery; it's the country that ended slavery brought to the Americas by British, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Canadian, and other slave nations.

Forum List

Back