The Protests & Violence & Reactions Illustrate our race problem perfectly

It’s easy to blame white and black republicans, then it is to pull your pants up and be a man.
When your side of this refuses to look in the mirror, all you do is give the other side more material.

And, of course, I could say the same thing to the other side.

I don't know how in the world you guys don't see this, I really don't.
I say jail the cop and give him the death penalty. You side wants to pay people to burn down black owned businesses to further the race war. Obama divided this country like no one before.
But I don't want that.

Binary thinking is part of the problem.
It is the democrats that are pushing the riots. Peacefully protesting is great, but democrats don't want that. You want division, never heard you say anything about Hillary calling almost half of America a basket of deplorables.
I'm saying that neither end of this is holding its own side accountable. All they're looking at is their half of the story, and they're refusing to honestly see the other.

And pretty much all we've seen in this thread is people who want to prove me right.

There is no other side to looting. Looting is a CRIME.

As for the cop story, there is no other side to that either. Everyone agreed he should arrested.
You're purposely choosing to look at one small part of a huge story.

You're purposely narrowing it down to only parts that suit you.

The other side of this does the same.

You're illustrating my point for me.

So tell us, was the protest not because of the black (criminal) got killed by the incompetent cop?

What is the excuse for the rioting? There is no excuse, you are full of shit.

Oh, except for Orange Man Bad obviously. Burn down your own community to defeat the orange man, real smart.
You're still doing it. This is all you know to do.

The other side appreciates that.
....also--you are saying ''both sides'''--WRONG again..I don't care if a criminal is black/white/purple/green/etc, we are all safer when a criminal is dead
...it's not black vs white--but common sense/law and order/etc vs criminals/etc

Well, this was easy.
Do the crime........do the time.......see how easy that was Mac

So how much time should they be locked up for .............for stealing TV's...........ARSON............
Assault..............hmmm

Gotta build more jail cells...........but we'd have to let out those that tried to go to work during Covid.

WHERE IS COVID NOW........suddenly it's not important anymore.

:CryingCow::CryingCow::CryingCow:

It’s easy to blame white and black republicans, then it is to pull your pants up and be a man.
When your side of this refuses to look in the mirror, all you do is give the other side more material.

I say jail the cop and give him the death penalty. You side wants to pay people to burn down black owned businesses to further the race war. Obama divided this country like no one before.
But I don't want that.

It is the democrats that are pushing the riots. Peacefully protesting is great, but democrats don't want that. You want division, never heard you say anything about Hillary calling almost half of America a basket of deplorables.
I'm saying that neither end of this is holding its own side accountable. All they're looking at is their half of the story, and they're refusing to honestly see the other.

And pretty much all we've seen in this thread is people who want to prove me right.
In this situation was has my side done? We want the cop arrested, which has happened and we want him to pay for what he did. The court system will decide his fate. Your side seems to want to divide us more. Peaceful protest would be good to show how you feel. But instead you destroy innocent people's businesses. Then you say we are the problem. These are paid rioters.

True that riots are self defeating Mac

but then , what else is there when the right to peaceful assembly is gone?

~S~
Who denied peaceful assembly or protests?
Nobody...........but to some burning a city to the ground is OKIE DOKIE.......others it's time to put their sorry Anarchy driven BS asses in jail...............

Dems SUCK

This has turned into just another another radical lefty reason to riot and loot while destroying our country and President. This whole thing has turned more political than racial. The victims, poor Mr. Floyd and his surviving family, and the asshole cop that killed him are almost an afterthought at this point.

But I don't want that.

As for the cop story, there is no other side to that either. Everyone agreed he should arrested.

So tell us, was the protest not because of the black (criminal) got killed by the incompetent cop?

Oh, except for Orange Man Bad obviously. Burn down your own community to defeat the orange man, real smart.

If the "other side" can't handle the truth, then fuck them.

As for you stop deflecting and make your point or go away. Tired of this shit always...

But I don't want that.

..hey, the black cop shooting the innocent white woman--that's all there is--that makes all of your points worthless ....the blacks aren't protesting bad cops--they are protesting RACE RACE RACE--which has nothing to do with these cop-black encounters
...they are protesting from EMOTION--not facts or common sense

"Certain conditions continue to exist in our society, which must be condemned as vigorously as we condemn riots. But in the final analysis, a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it that America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the Negro poor has worsened over the last few years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice, equality and humanity. And so in a real sense our nation’s summers of riots are caused by our nation’s winters of delay. And as long as America postpones justice, we stand in the position of having these recurrences of violence and riots over and over again. Social justice and progress are the absolute guarantors of riot prevention."

Martin Luther King
HELLO...2020 NOW

WE ELECTED A BLACK PRESIDENT....TWICE

... and we don't care.

First, those who fight for racial justice have a perfectly fair and valid reason to point at yet another questionable (at least) killing as an example of what they're fighting against. They are clearly on the right side of the story. And those on the other "side" of the issue have to admit, yeah, that was blatant and obvious, and bad.

How do some on the side of racial justice react? With the very behaviors that those who deny and enable and perpetrate racism can point at and change the original subject. With this violence, they're playing into the hands of the very people they're fighting against. Like a big, beautiful gift with a fancy bow on top.

I say it all the time: The two ends of this issue constantly feed each other. They help each other. They NEED each other. This is truly symbiotic, toxic relationship.

This doesn't improve unless and until both ends of this issue clearly and honestly start holding their own side accountable. And watch -- on this thread, you'll most likely see both ends deny their side is accountable for anything.

And the decay continues. A self-inflicted wound.

Nah,

It reflects the problem the right wing has in blaming races of people for the actions of people who are that race.

How about blaming everyone working in a dangerous, civically essential profession for the actions of an extremely tiny percentage of that profession? "Intellectually lazy"?

Here comes the 'yeahbut'...

Clearly my thread is a bit too complicated for some.

It is too complicated to you, but that is only because you are over complicating the hell out of it to protect your snowflake sensibilities.

Very one sided issue... no one sane can stand for what the left has done in their latest Orange Man Bad tantrum.

EZGvH4LWoAATYk0

...The left has it's problems as well. But, at least, we can see past the skin color and attribute the act to the actor; not all of those who look like the actor.
:lmao: Oh really? Did you type that with a straight face, you shameless hypocrite?

Everyone was for the most part on the same side that Floyd's death needed to be investigated. Sure...some of us didn't jump straight on the bandwagon, as the media has attempted to bamboozled us over and over again...and, since Floyd did not die of suffocation, but from pre-existing conditions...this might well be another of those times.

But did that help at all that the majority were on the bandwagon?

No.

America's cities are burning.

First they are the hotbeds of the pandemic...and within days under the siege of rioters, arsonist, looters and assaulters of old women in wheelchairs...

...the most leftist areas of the country are the deepest hellholes...imagine that.

While those of us in the suburban and espesially rural areas are ravaged by neither Covid19, rioters nor poor policing for that matter.

You reap what you sow...enjoy the havest.

Last edited:
True that riots are self defeating Mac

but then , what else is there when the right to peaceful assembly is gone?

~S~
Sure. But people on that side of the issue -- on BOTH sides -- have to stand up to it and fight against that, too.

So anyone who really cares about actual healing has to fight on TWO fronts, and that's just not happening.

Are you aware that there are people doing exactly what you are suggesting that they do? If you are not aware of this fact, why aren’t you?

Forum List

Back