The presidential debate commission is getting ready for a serious 3rd party candidate

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I would actually love to see a competitive four way race between Hillary Clinton (D), Marco Rubio (R), Bernie Sanders (I), and Donald Trump (I). That would totally throw the red state/blue state dynamic on its head and would probably be one of the least predictable election cycles in American history. Probably not going to happen though

The presidential debate commission is getting ready for a serious 3rd party candidate

I don't think Trump will break away because he does not need to.
The Bush camp on the other hand HAS been talking about it.

If Bernie wins in Iowa AND N.H. he does not need to break away.
Hillary has to.

Bloomberg is considering an independent run.

Trump certainly will if he loses the GOP nomination.

Sanders said he won't.

I would actually love to see a competitive four way race between Hillary Clinton (D), Marco Rubio (R), Bernie Sanders (I), and Donald Trump (I). That would totally throw the red state/blue state dynamic on its head and would probably be one of the least predictable election cycles in American history. Probably not going to happen though

You forgot the ultimate "outside candidate"

B7bc1vkCYAAVsX8.jpg:large

The SMOD cannot be denied access to the debate, the troposphere, or the upper crust by any agency we know of.

That would certainly be interesting

I would like to see Gary Johnson given a chance to debate the Democratic and Republican nominee. I know a libertarian can not win the national election but it is time to give a few third party candidates the chance to debate the main two parties in a national debate.

Bernie Sanders would be a great Green Party candidate if he does not steal the nomination from Hillary Clinton for the Democratic Party...

I love it. The two candidates whom both Parties deemed as shoo-ins may totally be shut out. Bernie will defeat Hillary and Jeb Bush, the fair-haired boy of the Republican Establishment won't make it at all. The only hope the Republican Establishment has is to take Jeb totally out of the Republican Party and back him as an Independent. He'll still lose. The Democrats are really hurting. Bernie was only supposed to show up and give the impression of being a contender. Hillary has self-imploded as is usually her case because of all her baggage and being deemed a criminal and untrustworthy. I love it. Donald Trump has turned the whole Washington Establishment on its ear. "When Hillary goes marching of to Jail Hoorah! Hoorah! Love that song.

Bloomberg is considering an independent run.

Trump certainly will if he loses the GOP nomination.

Sanders said he won't.

This is such a pity Jake. The Dems are faced with "her". They have so many better players out there. I'm thinking Warren or Heidi Heitkamp sp? Now I know Warren was far left when she was a prof but she's smartened up and become pragmatic like Layton. Heidi I have always loved. Her husband is a true D too.

Not libs on steroids aka progressives.

I love it. The two candidates whom both Parties deemed as shoo-ins may totally be shut out. Bernie will defeat Hillary and Jeb Bush, the fair-haired boy of the Republican Establishment won't make it at all. The only hope the Republican Establishment has is to take Jeb totally out of the Republican Party and back him as an Independent. He'll still lose. The Democrats are really hurting. Bernie was only supposed to show up and give the impression of being a contender. Hillary has self-imploded as is usually her case because of all her baggage and being deemed a criminal and untrustworthy. I love it. Donald Trump has turned the whole Washington Establishment on its ear. "When Hillary goes marching of to Jail Hoorah! Hoorah! Love that song.

You had both Bush daughters out there prepping the field. In articles talking about "Uncle Bill and Aunt Hillary".

Bazooka barfing moments to be sure. Then Barbara comes out say Jeb has her blessing to win.

It's really really sick.

ETA:

I think both sides have some really potential amazing candidates. It's a pity it's come down to political royalty.

I can look on the D side and see so many. Sheesh. Why can't they? I guess it's the insidership thinga ma jig.

Biden and Warren are watching, watching, watching.

If Hillary gets beaten in Iowa and NH, they may jump in.

The presidential debate commission is an "independent" 501k non profit organization funded by who knows who and headed up by non other but Obama's former excuse maker, Mike McCurry. Is it surprising that they hope Trump runs as an independent so they can pull out a win for democrats like they did when Ross Perot syphoned votes from Bush sr? It's the only way democrats can win this one and they know it.

I would like to see Gary Johnson given a chance to debate the Democratic and Republican nominee.

I voted for him in 2012. Will likely be doing so again since Rand Paul isn't going to make it.

Gary Johnson was able to obtain over 1.275 million votes in 2012 while running on the Libertarian party which to my understanding is the highest vote total for that political party...

So imagine if he were able to debate the two big party nominee's and it is possible he could even garner a bigger voting block allowing the Libertarian party to finally have a chance of getting a few candidates into the House and Senate that is not a Paul.

It is time to let the Libertarian and Green party candidates on the stage with the Democratic and Republican candidates and let the voters hear other ideas other than the two big parties...

Forum List

Back