New Britain - a soiled vision built on expediency

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
The Tories are forming a coalition with a party backed by terrorists

A new era in uk politics sees the political wing of a loyalist para military organisation hold the balance of power in the UK. Its a huge worry and raises the spectre of renewed violence in Northern Ireland.

What do they want for their support ?

If its just some extra cash for the province then it wouldnt bother me. Northern Ireland voted remain and stand to lose a sackload of Euro funding in the next few years. Ironically the DUP was brexit and put that funding at risk. Maybe this is a way for them to atone for that.

But look at their manifesto and they are still wedded to an insular sectarian ideology based on orange marches and "respecting" their history.

Any attempt to push that agenda will meet with serious opposition. The summer months are high tension in Ulster as the bigots have their marches and localised issues take on a national aspect. A demand from them would probably have to be met by Mrs May in order to keep their support.

The proddys , like the IRA have supposedly put down their guns and barring a few incidents it is peaceful over there. Certainly more peaceful than any period in my lifetime, a huge achievement by a Labour government.

But these backward fuckers nurse their grievances over centuries and there is still work to be done.

The people of the UK need to know that the DUP will not have any access to security and military information.

Here is a pic of Peter Robinson the former leader of the DUP. He isnt hunting deer, he is hunting Catholics.

DB3xHwqV0AAGAp3.jpg

The human rights issues will stay on hold in Ulster during this period so Gays,children and women will continue to form an underclass.

Watch the video here to see Mrs Mays new friends celebrating on the site of a terrorist atrocity.

Arlene Foster: DUP leader says sorry after 'on fire' song offence - BBC News

Yes, at one point it looked like the DUP wouldn't have the power, but the Lib Dems failed to win back seats in Cornwall which would have tipped the balance.

Really, the FPTP system in the UK should be dead. The Lib Dems went into coalition, sold their soul, to get something like PR, but went for AV and lost, because the main two parties were against it.

The Lib Dems really should have done much better than they did in this election, Labour should have done better too. It's been a bit of a disaster.

Yes, at one point it looked like the DUP wouldn't have the power, but the Lib Dems failed to win back seats in Cornwall which would have tipped the balance.

Really, the FPTP system in the UK should be dead. The Lib Dems went into coalition, sold their soul, to get something like PR, but went for AV and lost, because the main two parties were against it.

The Lib Dems really should have done much better than they did in this election, Labour should have done better too. It's been a bit of a disaster.
I cant see this alliance lasting. The DUP are holding up the restarting of the Assembly on one issue. Same sex marriage.

You couldnt make it up. They have no government because of this one issue.

At some point this will come to the fore and Mrs May will have difficult decisions to make. The British public wont stand for homophobes holding up progress.

I cant see this alliance lasting. The DUP are holding up the restarting of the Assembly on one issue. Same sex marriage.

At some point this will come to the fore and Mrs May will have difficult decisions to make. The British public wont stand for homophobes holding up progress.

Well, it depends what the DUP want. They probably won't ask for same sex marriage to be destroyed in the whole country, they'll keep that for their own backyard. So, what will they want from Westminster? They'll probably want something and it might be something the Tories can give them that will stay. It all depends on the DUP really.

Well, it depends what the DUP want. They probably won't ask for same sex marriage to be destroyed in the whole country, they'll keep that for their own backyard. So, what will they want from Westminster? They'll probably want something and it might be something the Tories can give them that will stay. It all depends on the DUP really.

I would imagine that they will get some government offices and some bogus investment money as a starter. The NI assembly is a huge issue though. They are calling same sex marriage a red line issue and that throws up all sorts of problems for May.

'I am engaged to a Catholic Irishwoman from Wexford' - Scottish Tory leader ahead of DUP deal

The new tory poster girl would not be able to do this in Ulster which is ridiculous in this day and age.

And she has already brought the subject up with May.

Scottish Tory leader Ruth Davidson got ‘categoric assurance’ from Theresa May to protect LGBT rights

The DUP are also opposed to having a border with the Republic which pisses on the no deal is better than a bad deal nonsense.

The thing is that the DUP are such a nasty hateful bunch that there are any number of issues that will crop up.

I would imagine that they will get some government offices and some bogus investment money as a starter. The NI assembly is a huge issue though. They are calling same sex marriage a red line issue and that throws up all sorts of problems for May.

'I am engaged to a Catholic Irishwoman from Wexford' - Scottish Tory leader ahead of DUP deal

The new tory poster girl would not be able to do this in Ulster which is ridiculous in this day and age.

Scottish Tory leader Ruth Davidson got ‘categoric assurance’ from Theresa May to protect LGBT rights

The DUP are also opposed to having a border with the Republic which pisses on the no deal is better than a bad deal nonsense.

The thing is that the DUP are such a nasty hateful bunch that there are any number of issues that will crop up.

Sure, but the thing is that May will only accept something concrete, you'd have thought, and the DUP will know what they're signing up for,and will have to accept it. I can't imagine the deal won't go ahead either, the Tories are desperate, or May certainly is.

Sure, but the thing is that May will only accept something concrete, you'd have thought, and the DUP will know what they're signing up for,and will have to accept it. I can't imagine the deal won't go ahead either, the Tories are desperate, or May certainly is.
She is in a nightmare position. I can see her spending all of her time firefighting the moderates in her own party as well as the Orangemen.

This is one of the DUP election pledges.

6.BRINGING ARMED FORCES DAY TO NORTHERN IRELAND It is unacceptable that Northern Ireland has never hosted the main national event for Armed Forces Day in the UK. The DUP wish to see Northern Ireland host the main national event at some point in the life of the next Parliament and regularly thereafter.

Wherever you stand on a United Ireland it is clear that this is an antagonistic move that will increase tension in the province.Its a great example of the petty symbolism practised by both sides.

What would Theresa do when presented with this ?

It sounds all so serious and reasonable but in the end it just about recognized butt-licking. How low can politics sink?
I think that they will shuffle along for a while until the defeats start racking up in Parliament. And then we will be voting again.

It sounds all so serious and reasonable but in the end it just about recognized butt-licking. How low can politics sink?
I think that they will shuffle along for a while until the defeats start racking up in Parliament. And then we will be voting again.
They all dragged your country into the abyss. Those making a difference will see their mistake sooner or later.

This is the Brexit Agenda of the DUP.

DURING THE NEGOTIATIONS THE DUP WANTS TO SEE A FOCUS ON THE FOLLOWING PRIORITIES AND OBJECTIVES:
1. Successful outward-looking knowledge-based economy in Northern Ireland
2. Ease of trade with the Irish Republic and throughout the European Union
3. Maintenance of the Common Travel Area

4. Strengthened relationships across the four components parts of the United Kingdom with no internal borders
5. Northern Ireland-specific solutions achieved through active Executive engagement
6. Particular circumstances of Northern Ireland with a land border with the EU fully reflected
7. Frictionless border with Irish Republic assisting those working or travelling in the other jurisdiction

8. Progress on new free trade deals with the rest of the world
9. Comprehensive free trade and customs agreement with the European Union
10. Northern Ireland established as a hub for trade from Irish Republic into the broader UK market

I have highlighted the points that are likely to be problematic. Will the DUP now have a seat at the negotiations ? That would be breathtaking .

She is in a nightmare position. I can see her spending all of her time firefighting the moderates in her own party as well as the Orangemen.

This is one of the DUP election pledges.

6.BRINGING ARMED FORCES DAY TO NORTHERN IRELAND It is unacceptable that Northern Ireland has never hosted the main national event for Armed Forces Day in the UK. The DUP wish to see Northern Ireland host the main national event at some point in the life of the next Parliament and regularly thereafter.

Wherever you stand on a United Ireland it is clear that this is an antagonistic move that will increase tension in the province.Its a great example of the petty symbolism practised by both sides.

What would Theresa do when presented with this ?

Yes, she's definitely got it bad. The DUP shouldn't be the problem. The problem will be the Tories more than anything else. A) wanting her head for making such a bad decision and B) because they know they can get together in a small group of 8 and make sure nothing really goes through. Well, not so bad because Sinn Fein have 7 seats and won't vote. So that increases her power a little bit.

The Tories are forming a coalition with a party backed by terrorists

A new era in uk politics sees the political wing of a loyalist para military organisation hold the balance of power in the UK. Its a huge worry and raises the spectre of renewed violence in Northern Ireland.

What do they want for their support ?

If its just some extra cash for the province then it wouldnt bother me. Northern Ireland voted remain and stand to lose a sackload of Euro funding in the next few years. Ironically the DUP was brexit and put that funding at risk. Maybe this is a way for them to atone for that.

But look at their manifesto and they are still wedded to an insular sectarian ideology based on orange marches and "respecting" their history.

Any attempt to push that agenda will meet with serious opposition. The summer months are high tension in Ulster as the bigots have their marches and localised issues take on a national aspect. A demand from them would probably have to be met by Mrs May in order to keep their support.

The proddys , like the IRA have supposedly put down their guns and barring a few incidents it is peaceful over there. Certainly more peaceful than any period in my lifetime, a huge achievement by a Labour government.

But these backward fuckers nurse their grievances over centuries and there is still work to be done.

The people of the UK need to know that the DUP will not have any access to security and military information.

Here is a pic of Peter Robinson the former leader of the DUP. He isnt hunting deer, he is hunting Catholics.

DB3xHwqV0AAGAp3.jpg

The human rights issues will stay on hold in Ulster during this period so Gays,children and women will continue to form an underclass.

Watch the video here to see Mrs Mays new friends celebrating on the site of a terrorist atrocity.

Arlene Foster: DUP leader says sorry after 'on fire' song offence - BBC News
And Comrade Corbyn has supported IRA terrorists his entire life and has shared platforms with wanted IRA terrorists after they had MURDERED his countrymen.
He is also a Hamas and Hezbollah sympathiser.
AND your beloved Labour (communist) Party tried very hard to cut a deal with the DUP in 2010. When Labour needed the DUP, the DUP was just fine and dandy. Such hypocrisy!

Forum List

Back