The President with the worst average unemployment rate since World War II is?

Bush & Republicans utterly decimated the economy. It takes a long to recover when the economy sheds 8 million jobs to E-3 unemployment statistics, 12 million jobs to E-6 unemployment statistics, negative 8.4 GDP, a crater where our housing markets once stood, where our stock market once stood, and where many folks could no longer borrow money because our credit markets locked up. Thanks to the policies of George Bush and Republicans, they left a recession that swallowed up between $20-$30 trillion of wealth.

Like I said, you righties crack me up when you bitch and moan that the left takes too long to clean up your messes. :lol:
Bush & Republicans utterly decimated the economy.

How'd they do that?
Their policies...

"Thanks to our policies, homeownership in America is at an all time high!" ~ George Bush, 2004 Republican National Convention

Which ones? Implemented when?

Thanks to our policies, homeownership in America is at an all time high!

Sounds awful! So which new ones did he put in place that Clinton didn't already have?
You'll have to ask him as he didn't list which policies caused it.

I asked you to back up your claim.

Is your claim that high home ownership decimated the economy?
I backed it up. I quoted George Bush himself taking the credit with Republicans.

How'd they do that?
Their policies...

"Thanks to our policies, homeownership in America is at an all time high!" ~ George Bush, 2004 Republican National Convention

Sounds awful! So which new ones did he put in place that Clinton didn't already have?

I backed it up. I quoted George Bush himself taking the credit with Republicans.

He took credit for homeownership.

You've failed to show how, "Bush & Republicans utterly decimated the economy"

You seem more confused than usual.

Their policies...

LOL

You must be demented to not be aware that the bubble he created burst and left a crater in its wake.

LOL

You must be demented to not be aware that the bubble he created burst and left a crater in its wake.

It's always sad when you make a claim and can't provide backup.

LOL

Even sadder when you're incapable of recognizing a claim was made. Bush said he and Republicans created the bubble which then burst and cratered the economy

LOL

Even sadder when you're incapable of recognizing a claim was made. Bush said he and Republicans created the bubble which then burst and cratered the economy

Bush said he and Republicans created the bubble

Excellent, another claim you've made with no backup.

LOL

LOLOL

Sure, except for that quote I posted where he took credit.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

LOL

LOLOL

When you get deeper than a soundbite, be sure to post your proof that
"Bush said he and Republicans created the bubble" or that "Bush & Republicans utterly decimated the economy"

LOL

LOLOL

"Bush said he and Republicans created the bubble" or that "Bush & Republicans utterly decimated the economy"
I already quoted him. It's not my fault you can't retain information. He said it was thanks to his and Republican policies that we had all time high homeownership. That's what drove up housing prices which was the bubble. His bubble bursting is what caused the Great Recession which utterly decimated the economy.

LOLOL

I already quoted him. It's not my fault you can't retain information. He said it was thanks to his and Republican policies that we had all time high homeownership. That's what drove up housing prices which was the bubble. His bubble bursting is what caused the Great Recession which utterly decimated the economy.

Yes, your soundbite was awesome. LOL!

The monthly unemployment rate for June 2019 was 3.7%. This is the 30th unemployment report with Trump in office, his 30th month recorded for this list. This brings Trump's average unemployment rate for his term in office to date, down from 4.06% in May 2019 to 4.05% in June 2019.

Gerald Ford: 7.77%

Average Unemployment Rates for US Presidents since after World War II:

01. Donald Trump: 4.05%
02. Lyndon Johnson: 4.19%
03. Harry Truman: 4.26%
04. Dwight Eisenhower: 4.89%
05. Richard Nixon: 5.00%
06. Bill Clinton: 5.20%
07. George W. Bush: 5.27%
08. John Kennedy: 5.98%
09. George H.W. Bush: 6.30%
10. Jimmy Carter: 6.54%
11. Barack Obama: 7.45%
12. Ronald Reagan: 7.54%
13. Gerald Ford: 7.77%

There are 18 months left in Trumps first Presidential term, assuming he completes it.

The labor force participation rate is at 62.9% for June 2019, up from 62.8% in May 2019.

The monthly unemployment rate for June 2019 was 3.7%. This is the 30th unemployment report with Trump in office, his 30th month recorded for this list. This brings Trump's average unemployment rate for his term in office to date, down from 4.06% in May 2019 to 4.05% in June 2019.

There are 18 months left in Trumps first Presidential term, assuming he completes it.

The labor force participation rate is at 62.9% for June 2019, up from 62.8% in May 2019.

Lol! This opinion misses so many things.

Considering he was given an economy losing 700k jobs/month and he turned it around in 9 months, at which point UE was at 10.3%, the pub outlook is gibberish.

No country is doing better than us NOW and they're waiting for us to pull them out of this gigantic Pub mess, if the Pubs would allow it, TOTAL DUPE of gloom and doom a-holes...We had 2.5% growth last year, with the Pubs and ignorant dupes fekking things up and moaning all the way. PFFFT!!

Again, your dog could direct this country to 2.5 percent growth. Record welfare, unemployment, fed pumping billions monthly into stock market, low gdp, 17 trillion in debt aren't exactly "turning it around". This is sub mediocre at best.

Obama was handed an economy on the verge of a depression and you republicans want to ignore this because your party made the mess.

Considering he was given an economy losing 700k jobs/month and he turned it around in 9 months, at which point UE was at 10.3%, the pub outlook is gibberish.

No country is doing better than us NOW and they're waiting for us to pull them out of this gigantic Pub mess, if the Pubs would allow it, TOTAL DUPE of gloom and doom a-holes...We had 2.5% growth last year, with the Pubs and ignorant dupes fekking things up and moaning all the way. PFFFT!!

Again, your dog could direct this country to 2.5 percent growth. Record welfare, unemployment, fed pumping billions monthly into stock market, low gdp, 17 trillion in debt aren't exactly "turning it around". This is sub mediocre at best.

Obama was handed an economy on the verge of a depression and you republicans want to ignore this because your party made the mess.

Obama was handed an economy on the verge of a depression

The recession ended June 2009.

There is no opinion you there. Just facts from the bureau of labor statistics.

The facts seem to miss that Trump inherited a 4.7 unemployment rate. They also don't mention that Obama inherited a failing economy of historic proportions.

Actually it didn't.

Actually it didn't.

It did end at that time. Economist define a recession as two consecutive quarters of DECLINE in real GDP growth. Real GDP grew in the the third quarter of 2009 signifying the end of the recession. The previous four quarters to that had all seen declines in real GDP growth.

The facts seem to miss that Trump inherited a 4.7 unemployment rate. They also don't mention that Obama inherited a failing economy of historic proportions.

But this is not looking at one month this President or that President entered office. Its looking at the whole time a President was in office and what was the average unemployment rate while they were in the White House. Its the same for each President for which monthly unemployment data is available. There is no opinion involved here. Its just average unemployment rate while a President was in office.

Its true that the unemployment rate before Trump came into office was 4.7% and that real GDP growth declined in the last two quarter's of 2008 before Obama entered office as well as the first two quarters of 2009 and Obama's Presidency.

The question of why these were the numbers while someone was President or during a particular month of someone's Presidency is a matter that is up for debate and where opinion starts to come in.

But this is not looking at one month this President or that President entered office. Its looking at the whole time a President was in office and what was the average unemployment rate while they were in the White House. Its the same for each President for which monthly unemployment data is available. There is no opinion involved here. Its just average unemployment rate while a President was in office.

Its true that the unemployment rate before Trump came into office was 4.7% and that real GDP growth declined in the last two quarter's of 2008 before Obama entered office as well as the first two quarters of 2009 and Obama's Presidency.

The question of why these were the numbers while someone was President or during a particular month of someone's Presidency is a matter that is up for debate and where opinion starts to come in.

When you are handed 4.7 percent unemployment as opposed to 9 and rising upon arrival, that must be considered. You're giving Trump a ranking that has not been due to any of his policies. And you are quick to rank Trump number 1, but he hasn't served a full term.

Forum List

Back