How can we strengthen the US Dollar?

Stop printing money via QE^Infinity.

The major developed countries are in a war to deflate their own currencies, so the dollar will likely strenghthen (relatively) while the debasement spiral is underway.

How can we strengthen the US Dollar?

Send Obama packing.........

$4a02fd195374f2a9a12620b79976c2d4.jpg

Right now, to get €1.00 it will cost you $1.32.

How can we strengthen the US Dollar and why isn't it the strongest currency?

The United States is debasing it's own currency. Tell Helicopter Ben to stop.

But you should be happen. At least the Dollar is strong against the CAD and YEN. Although, that's not saying much.

Why would you want to strengthen the dollar against other currencies? That would make American goods relatively more expensive around the world, lower exports and increase imports.
watch out for tanya. About 20 minutes ago, she told me that a phd in economics teaching economics at the u of chicago was not an economist. Apparently, she thought there was a certificate other than a phd that was needed.......

Why would you want to strengthen the dollar against other currencies? That would make American goods relatively more expensive around the world, lower exports and increase imports.
watch out for tanya. About 20 minutes ago, she told me that a phd in economics teaching economics at the u of chicago was not an economist. Apparently, she thought there was a certificate other than a phd that was needed.......

You do realise not all economist have PHD's in economics, correct?

In contrast to regulated professions such as engineering, law or medicine, there is not a legally-required educational requirement or license for economists. In some job settings, the possession of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics is considered the minimum credential for being an economist. In the US government, for example, a person can be hired as an economist provided that they have a degree that included or was supplemented by 21 semester hours in economics and three hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economist#In_academia

But of course, you supposedly have an MBA and you don't know this. I don't know how you can claim to have an MBA and really not know this... Demonstrating more of those faux credentials which are oh-so impressive.

Last edited:

You do realise not all economist have PHD's in economics, correct?

In contrast to regulated professions such as engineering, law or medicine, there is not a legally-required educational requirement or license for economists. In some job settings, the possession of a Bachelor's or Master's degree in economics is considered the minimum credential for being an economist. In the US government, for example, a person can be hired as an economist provided that they have a degree that included or was supplemented by 21 semester hours in economics and three hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.

Economist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But of course, you supposedly have an MBA and you don't know this. I don't know how you can claim to have an MBA and really not know this... Demonstrating more of those faux credentials which are oh-so impressive.

Yes. i am quite aware of everything you just said. I know you think you are being profound, but nothing new there at all. All very basic stuff that anyone who ever took an econ 101 class would know. Or anyone who ever did any research on economic subjects. There are economists all over the place, on tv, in print, all without a PHD in Economics. I have been aware of that for at least 50 years. Just new to you. Does not make you stupid. Just ignorant.

But, the issue was not if a PHD in economics was required to be an economist. As you well know. Your statement was that the author was an economics professor, not an economist as I had said. Here is your quote from post 157 from the "Cost Of Everythings Going Up: Thanks Fucking Obama!*" thread.
The man isn't even an economist, but an economics professor.

See the difference. Quite the opposite of what your above blathering was about. Nice effort at trying to turn it around, I guess. But again, very short on integrity.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back