The Physics of 9-11

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
From the moment the first tower collapse I have wondered whether the terrorists were very smart or very lucky.

Did they wrongly assume that the impact of a jetliner on these buildings would topple them, or did they wisely know that the buildings would survive the impact, but that the heat of the burning jet fuel would shortly result in the collapse of a couple floors, thus resulting in the chain reaction that brought them down?

Clearly, the buildings survived the impact, with the major lethal effect of killing the people on the floors that were hit directly. Also, the impact and fire doomed everyone on the few floors above the impact. But from all indications, everyone else in the building had survived, and would only have to endure the long march down to ground level, etc.

Were the suicide pilots (and the planners) really that smart? Or was Allah on their side?

I've always wondered.

I have a feeling they thought there was a chance they could knock the buildings over with a hit. IN any event event they didn't get the result they were looking for, which was a US withdrawal from the Middle East. (or maybe they are getting it, only 13+ years later)

Forum List

Back