The pension hole for US cities and states is the size of Japan's economy

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
And this right here is the problem. Public employees unions make unrealistic demands and corrupt politicians makes promises they know can't be kept in order to get their endorsement and get elected. I saw it time and time again when I was still living in Boston. Whoever got the union backing usually one and so, of course, they were willing to give the union pretty much whatever they wanted. It didn't matter how unrealistic it may have been. By the time the shit hit the fan it would be someone else's problem.

When times were flush, politicians made overly generous promises. Public-employee unions made unrealistic demands. High-profile municipal employees, such as coaches at public universities, have drawn fire for what some consider too-rich retirement benefits, while some first responders scored rich early retirement and disability arrangements.

And this right here is the problem. Public employees unions make unrealistic demands and corrupt politicians makes promises they know can't be kept in order to get their endorsement and get elected. I saw it time and time again when I was still living in Boston. Whoever got the union backing usually one and so, of course, they were willing to give the union pretty much whatever they wanted. It didn't matter how unrealistic it may have been. By the time the shit hit the fan it would be someone else's problem.

When times were flush, politicians made overly generous promises. Public-employee unions made unrealistic demands. High-profile municipal employees, such as coaches at public universities, have drawn fire for what some consider too-rich retirement benefits, while some first responders scored rich early retirement and disability arrangements.

The private sector paid the bill!

Public employees take reduced salaries in exchange for benefits packages.

That you spout nonsense is the problem

Public employees do not work for a living they get a free ride

While true this a predominately blue wall problem that is disintegrating right now and believe it or don't this is not the first time since 1900, more like the third for NY: The panic of 1907 was due to creative bookkeeping covering up Railroad damage in the 1906 San Francisco quake being found out. The St Lawrence Seaway bypassing the Erie canal was still causing out-migration in 1975 when the last bail out happened in 1975. And the Boston police man strike made Coolidge the VP.

With a predicted week of rain hitting already saturated soil from Virginia to Maine flooding will be a major problem in some areas and not in other areas. Out-migration prior to the election financed by insurance money is the big immediate problem that will have to be addressed.

not were i worked....

not were i worked....

Haha...yeah, mail carriers really bust their balls. They’re such badasses....and the most pissed off people on the planet. NONE have people skills.

they're trying to hide this the way a gambler hides his losses, by assuming big returns on their investments

The 1950s called. They want your economics back

Federal employee pay, benefits ahead of private sector on average, CBO concludes
Whoah there, hold on a second. From your own, linked article:
"
The CBO report is the latest entry in the long-running debate over how federal employee and private sector salaries compare. Various studies, using different methods and different sets of data, have reached widely varying conclusions.

According to the government’s official tabulation, based on Labor Department data, federal employees lagged 34 percent on average as of last fall.
"

And even if it is as the CBO says... this is not the fault of people who have negotiated and won these things, it is more because the economy has gone to shit, and more the fault of labor NOT organizing , as far as benefits and compensation go. The past CBO reports reflect this on themselves, as benefits have decreased in the private sector overall, and the disparity has grown because of this.

Last edited:

Someone seem to be stuck in the 1960's.

The 1950s called. They want your economics back

Federal employee pay, benefits ahead of private sector on average, CBO concludes
Whoah there, Mr. Victory dance, hold on a second. From your own, linked article:
"
The CBO report is the latest entry in the long-running debate over how federal employee and private sector salaries compare. Various studies, using different methods and different sets of data, have reached widely varying conclusions.

According to the government’s official tabulation, based on Labor Department data, federal employees lagged 34 percent on average as of last fall. "

Number's may have been skewed a bit due to Hillary paying her female staffers less than the male staffers.

Welcome to short term democracy.

not were i worked....
Safe Pussy Job

Someone seem to be stuck in the 1960's.
No. And there is nothing in what I said that is inaccurate. People like you are just dupes who want to work cheap so the middle class is destroyed.

You are a moron.

not were i worked....

Haha...yeah, mail carriers really bust their balls. They’re such badasses....and the most pissed off people on the planet. NONE have people skills.
you would last a week before you quit....and the first rain you would call in sick...big mouth people like you are the ones that used to give us plenty of laughs...."how hard could this job be?"....a week later,hey what happened to that guy that thought this was such an easy job?...but then you are a loser...

Forum List

Back