Zone1 the Patron Saint of Germany

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
Probably not so well known:

St. Boniface is the patron saint of Germany and was instrumental in spreading Christianity to the Frankish empire. He lived during the 8th century and died in 754. He is known as one of the most prominent figures in expanding and reforming Christianity in 8th century Europe. Loyal to the Pope, he worked hard to remove the pagan customs and heretical ideas which had crept into the Christian Church. In a confrontation with paganism he cut down a great oak held as sacred to a pagan god to show the powerlessness of the pagan way.​

Good to see an English Benedictine monk as patron saint of Germany . Seems we are repeatedly saving the Germans from themselves .

Seems we are repeatedly saving the Germans from themselves .

I did not made this posting so that Germany should be insulted that way.
You must have a terrible hatred of Germany.

:(

:oops:o_O

Looks I only have to mention Germany to you, and the Bashing of Germany starts.

Sad.

Not fair

Looks I only have to mention Germany to you, and the Bashing of Germany starts.

Sad.

Not fair
Seems you have a warped imagination . Having handicapped children does not mean you hate them . As we say —- give a German as much rope as they wish but make sure it is tied around their neck . Traditional English proverb .

@ Michael

Seems you have a warped imagination .
Somehow you certainly seem to have one. England didn't exist before 927 - see Kingdom of England.
Boniface's 675AD - 754AD original name was Wynfried, which is a Saxon (German) name, and he was from Wessex - one of the Saxon founded and Saxon ruled Kingdoms on former Roman Britannia.
During Boniface's time, the ruler of Wessex was Ine, and Ine was the first West Saxon king to issue a code of laws, which are an important source for the structure of the 200 years later English society.
And England in turn is based foremost and in majority on Saxon and Frisian settlers.
Having handicapped children does not mean you hate them . As we say —- give a German as much rope as they wish but make sure it is tied around their neck . Traditional English proverb .
Who is WE? and I find your comment is totally displaced and out of context.

You know, most of us aren't part of the Catholic cult. I understand the "saints" you worship are DEAD AND BURIED awaiting the RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD

And the great part is, that those who turned away from the Catholic church are doomed and damned to eternal purgatory - YEAH!!

Forum List

Back