CDZ The Party of Trump will be Gone some Day, what then?

With all due respect, Daryl, the GOP's problem is not the Birch Society, it's the 40% of the electorate standing behind Trump exactly for his misogyny, vulgarity, and his racism. They are the ones keeping the GOP afloat, and they are the ones who are on a sugar high these years. What are you, working to set up an honorable party, going to do with them? They aren't suddenly going to find reason and decency, along with a media environment catering to same. How are you going to achieve that?

For if you don't, you would have to make significant inroads with minorities, suburban voters, and progressive urban dwellers, and that looks exceedingly unlikely. So, whence are the voters for that honorable party, valuing Americans of all strands of life, going to come?

You blame us for not making inroads into minority vote, in the same post you smear us as racist.

YOu ever think about what such vile tactics are doing to this country?

OE is wrong about what is happening. I pointed out the similarities of what created the JBS in 1958. I also pointed out one of the founding members was Fred Trump. That means that Rump....

Stopped reading here. You want to make a point, make it. YOu want to just pepper the boards with partisan spin bullshit, do it with someone else.

Go back and try again. Or not. Whatever.

Why, because history disagrees with your fantasy world? I took a good look at Trumps formative years and his Fathers history. And his actions are explained. What isn't explained is your actions. But then again, it's a tradition to lie about being a JBS member so I get it. Even if you don't know you are, your actions are right down that line. So get over it. If you don't like it, rejoin the real GOP but you already insulted all of them and they probably don't want you back. But in the very near future, The GOP is going to be in charge of the Republican Party and having to rebuild a very fractured party while you are left in the wind. At the same time, the Extremists in the Democrat Party will not have anyone to counter their actions. Thanks a friggin lot for selling America down the pike. But some of us don't accept that.

But the first thing to fix a problem is to realize there is a problem. You seem to lack that.

Well, thanks for not talking like a baby, for one post in a row.

Not sure what your point there was, other than to restate your assertion.

My point stands. People like you smear us as racist, 24/7, and then have the unmitigated gall to blame us for failing to make inroads into the minority vote.

With the media and pop culture constantly soaked in lies from the left, our ability to be heard, is very limited.

There is really not much we can do about that. You people are successfully tearing this country apart.

IT is good for your partisan and political agenda, but bad for everyone els and the country as a whole.

So you go right back to blaming everyone else. So be it and it follows the history. Thank you for qualifying what I am saying. Couldn't do it without your help.

The Party of Trump will be Gone some Day, what then?

It may happen in 2020, or Jan of 2021 or even Jan 2025 but it's going to happen. What then? Let's face it, you can't call the Party of Trump the Republican Party. The Republican Party is pretty much silent these days. When Trump leaves, it's going to leave a huge vacuum. Let's face it, a person like Trump only comes along once in a hundred years or so. Don't look for a replacement from the Party of Trump. There isn't one. It's one man. And when his time runs out, the Party is gone. The same thing happened to the Patriot Party with Perot.

So we need to rebuild the Republican Party. Where do we start? Obviously, there are going to be a lot of casualties in the process of those Rs that became staunch members of the Party of Trump and dare to call themselves Republicans. Some will weather it and others won't. I predict that the GOP would be forced to bring up an old hand for 2020 if Trump is out of the Picture and even in 2024 and that would be Paul Ryan. But that would not be a winner either. While I think it would be a good choice, the Trumpers will be seething and light the place on fire rather than vote for Paul Ryan. So even if Trump does go to 2024, the Republican Party is dead.

That means, it must be rebuilt for the 2028 year. And even then, there may still be enough of the hate and venom left that even 2028 may be a bad year for the Republicans. And I don't mean the Party of Trump which dies Politically when Trump leaves office. Like I said before, the party of Trump is one man and only one man and another one like him is not going to be seen for another hundred years in America.

What we need to do is start to rebuild now as a 3rd Party as the Republican Party. Call it "The New Republican Party" adopting the old GOP planks and ideologies. One of the other posters posted what the GOP once stood for and I hope he reposts it again here.

This isn't about the Democrat Party. It's about rebuilding the Republican Party back to the days it once was the Grand Old Party. Let the Democrat Party do whatever the hell it wants to do. But we need to rebuild back to the days of Ike.

Let's hear some constructive inputs on this one. Sorry, it's not about the party of Trump or the Democrat Party. It's about the rebuilding of the GOP to the time it earned the name of GOP.

You want The Republican Party to simply be Democrat Lite.

Hopefully we have learned that's a non starter.

think about what you just typed. In the past, there were captains of the GOP that fought on a daily basis to keep the ultra right wing groups from controlling the Republican Party. I used Fred Trump as an example. He was a member of both the KKK and the American National Nazi Party at one time. The GOP worked hard to keep them out of the GOP although they were right wing as well. But a bit too far right wing. In order to put the GOP back together, those types of groups needs to be told to go pound sand. As it is right now, they are influencing the Party of Trump as is the JBS. These are extremist right wing groups. And the largest of all of the 3 is the JBS organization. One of the main problems is, a person can be a card carrying member to any of these 3 but will deny it in public. It's been that way for a very long time. Imagine the shock when during the Goldwater Campaign when they found out that the campaign was infiltrated by these groups and what they had to do to get rid of them. Goldwater was NOT a KKK, White Supremacist, JBS or Nazi member but the fact that he was supported by them pretty well destroyed him in the 1964 Presidential Election. Johnson got a lot of Mileage out of that one. Even though the KKK and others supported Goldwater, He publicly denounced them. You will note that Trump has not publicly denounce the extremist right wing groups unless cornered. I am not saying Goldwater would have made a good President but I think he would have kept us out of Vietnam and done wonders for the economy being a staunch Fiscal Conservative.

My pick between Goldwater and Eisenhower would still be Eisenhower but Goldwater, for the time, wouldn't have been a bad pick..

"think about what you just typed."​

Are you trying to suggest I didn't think about my text before I hit "Post", and to hurt my feelings?

"In order to put the GOP back together, those types of groups needs to be told to go pound sand."​

Look, Daryl, if you want to avoid at all costs a careful assessment of what the GOP has become, and make it all the doings of "outside" groups taking over, there is no point discussing the matter, because that's patently not true. The Republican party establishment went to considerable lengths to prevent the emergence of Trump in the driver's seat, to no avail. The Republican primary voters decided otherwise, in a contest involving a host of traditional GOP candidates. That means, the Republican party has a problem with its "base", and that remains so even if you find a "Bircher", secret or overt, at the top. Removing him won't change the Bircherism at the "base".

You also carefully avoid acknowledging and integrating into your argument the fact that there are no public intellectuals of the stature of Buckley with any influence in the GOP. There just aren't. Whoever dares to speak out against Trump is being declared a RINO, and relegated to the sidelines - if they are lucky, that is.

Also, you fail to incorporate that we are living in a completely different media environment compared to 60 years ago. Back then, roughly speaking, you had to influence / convince a dozen prominent conservative writers or editors to see the light. These days you'd have to sway or shut down the "Bircher", nativist, nationalist, clickbait swamp reaching from Fox via Breitbart down to thousands of bloggers, along with talk radio, all of which cater to, and derive their income from, catering to the basest of rightarded impulses by, generally, any Other they care to find on any given day. Swaying them, while absolutely necessary to get the "base" in line, looks damn nigh on impossible to me, and I see nothing from you to convince me otherwise.

You may, of course, muse about the choice between Goldwater and Eisenhower - neither is on offer, nor any candidate of their quality for 2020. And if there were one, (s)he wouldn't stand a chance against Trump, and maybe not even against Pence, the Christer bigot. Because the problem is the "base" the GOP carefully cultivated and shaped into its current form over decades.

You have some good points. But when Trump leaves, the Party of Trump is dead. That means that the ones you say are in the driving seat no longer has the leader. Someone like Trump only comes along every 50 or 100 years. let's not say it's good or bad. But that type of leader is so far and few in between. leaders like FDR, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Reagan are so few. There were other leaders in other countries but most of those are in a negative light. What is left is decades of really weak leaders where the Democrats will garner the majority at the Federal Level. Oh, there won't be any change at local and state levels but Federal Levels, the GOP will have to rebuild before it can become a factor again. All I have done is shown what the GOP is going to have to do to get back into the race. If they don't, then we are in line for some really weak Democrat Federal Elected Officials and no reason for the Democrats to change.

You blame us for not making inroads into minority vote, in the same post you smear us as racist.

YOu ever think about what such vile tactics are doing to this country?

OE is wrong about what is happening. I pointed out the similarities of what created the JBS in 1958. I also pointed out one of the founding members was Fred Trump. That means that Rump....

Stopped reading here. You want to make a point, make it. YOu want to just pepper the boards with partisan spin bullshit, do it with someone else.

Go back and try again. Or not. Whatever.

Why, because history disagrees with your fantasy world? I took a good look at Trumps formative years and his Fathers history. And his actions are explained. What isn't explained is your actions. But then again, it's a tradition to lie about being a JBS member so I get it. Even if you don't know you are, your actions are right down that line. So get over it. If you don't like it, rejoin the real GOP but you already insulted all of them and they probably don't want you back. But in the very near future, The GOP is going to be in charge of the Republican Party and having to rebuild a very fractured party while you are left in the wind. At the same time, the Extremists in the Democrat Party will not have anyone to counter their actions. Thanks a friggin lot for selling America down the pike. But some of us don't accept that.

But the first thing to fix a problem is to realize there is a problem. You seem to lack that.

Well, thanks for not talking like a baby, for one post in a row.

Not sure what your point there was, other than to restate your assertion.

My point stands. People like you smear us as racist, 24/7, and then have the unmitigated gall to blame us for failing to make inroads into the minority vote.

With the media and pop culture constantly soaked in lies from the left, our ability to be heard, is very limited.

There is really not much we can do about that. You people are successfully tearing this country apart.

IT is good for your partisan and political agenda, but bad for everyone els and the country as a whole.

So you go right back to blaming everyone else. So be it and it follows the history. Thank you for qualifying what I am saying. Couldn't do it without your help.

People like you are the problem dude.
Live with it.
Or die with it, and stop being a problem
I dont care.

It may happen in 2020, or Jan of 2021 or even Jan 2025 but it's going to happen. What then? Let's face it, you can't call the Party of Trump the Republican Party. The Republican Party is pretty much silent these days. When Trump leaves, it's going to leave a huge vacuum. Let's face it, a person like Trump only comes along once in a hundred years or so. Don't look for a replacement from the Party of Trump. There isn't one. It's one man. And when his time runs out, the Party is gone. The same thing happened to the Patriot Party with Perot.

So we need to rebuild the Republican Party. Where do we start? Obviously, there are going to be a lot of casualties in the process of those Rs that became staunch members of the Party of Trump and dare to call themselves Republicans. Some will weather it and others won't. I predict that the GOP would be forced to bring up an old hand for 2020 if Trump is out of the Picture and even in 2024 and that would be Paul Ryan. But that would not be a winner either. While I think it would be a good choice, the Trumpers will be seething and light the place on fire rather than vote for Paul Ryan. So even if Trump does go to 2024, the Republican Party is dead.

That means, it must be rebuilt for the 2028 year. And even then, there may still be enough of the hate and venom left that even 2028 may be a bad year for the Republicans. And I don't mean the Party of Trump which dies Politically when Trump leaves office. Like I said before, the party of Trump is one man and only one man and another one like him is not going to be seen for another hundred years in America.

What we need to do is start to rebuild now as a 3rd Party as the Republican Party. Call it "The New Republican Party" adopting the old GOP planks and ideologies. One of the other posters posted what the GOP once stood for and I hope he reposts it again here.

This isn't about the Democrat Party. It's about rebuilding the Republican Party back to the days it once was the Grand Old Party. Let the Democrat Party do whatever the hell it wants to do. But we need to rebuild back to the days of Ike.

Let's hear some constructive inputs on this one. Sorry, it's not about the party of Trump or the Democrat Party. It's about the rebuilding of the GOP to the time it earned the name of GOP.

You want The Republican Party to simply be Democrat Lite.

Hopefully we have learned that's a non starter.

I want the Republican Party (GOP) to start representing the People. Simple as that. I don't look for the Democrats to do a very good job of that since they really don't have any great incentive to do it. Just like I don't expect the Party of Trump to do it either. The only option would be a completely different 3rd party come into power to replace the Republican Party and we all know that just ain't going to happen.

What makes you think it will ever be gone? It was around years before Trump ever arrived. That's why he was elected. And long after he is gone, he will be missed because there won't be another like him. People will always want a president that is more comfortable with the guy at the end of the bar than he is with Washington Elites in pressed suits, that's more interested in making Washington work for the country than making Washington work for their wallet.

I want the Republican Party (GOP) to start representing the People. Simple as that. I don't look for the Democrats to do a very good job of that since they really don't have any great incentive to do it. Just like I don't expect the Party of Trump to do it either. The only option would be a completely different 3rd party come into power to replace the Republican Party and we all know that just ain't going to happen.

Fair enough.

Who do you think the Republicans should nominate in 2024 to vanquish the Democrats. What's the plan of John Kasich or the next generation of the Bush Family or Mitt or whomever to pummel the D's and reign victoriously in Washington?

I don't see a plan here, but I'm not the one running. I'll certainly consider getting off my barstool and making it to the polls in 2024 to vote for a moderate

Fair enough.

Who do you think the Republicans should nominate in 2024 to vanquish the Democrats. What's the plan of John Kasich or the next generation of the Bush Family or Mitt or whomever to pummel the D's and reign victoriously in Washington?

I don't see a plan here, but I'm not the one running. I'll certainly consider getting off my barstool and making it to the polls in 2024 to vote for a moderate

You are putting all your chips on Trump winning in 2020. Don't. It's not in the bag. Nothing is in the bag. There won'tl be blowout either way. If Trump wins that's fine for you. But you had better start making plans for a world without Trump right now because it's going to be at least 5 years of rebuilding.

If you believe that the Party of Trump will continue even if Trump is reelected, you are in for a shock. If he does get reelected, he has no more political power left. Every Republican will be left to win on their own merits. After seeing what happened in 2018, having Trump endorse a Republican Candidate may not be wanted. Even if Trump is reelected, the Party of Trump will start to disassemble. And then there is a 2022 election. You think of 2024 as the only important election. It's not.

Either the rebuilding starts right now or it won't be until the 2030s (or 2028 at the earliest) when the GOP can become a power again. In that time (6 years even if Trump gets reelected, 8 if he doesn't) the Dems are going to be able to whatever the hell they want and I've seen that before and don't wish to see that. Let me think on things a bit and put together a Republican Plank. No, it won't be quite like Eisenhowers because I think he went just a tad overboard. But it won't be the promises of Trump either. And it certainly won't be the plank that Bernie would push.

Care to join in on that fun? It's okay to line item discuss it.

Fair enough.

You are putting all your chips on Trump winning in 2020. Don't. It's not in the bag. Nothing is in the bag. There won'tl be blowout either way. If Trump wins that's fine for you. But you had better start making plans for a world without Trump right now because it's going to be at least 5 years of rebuilding.

If you believe that the Party of Trump will continue even if Trump is reelected, you are in for a shock. If he does get reelected, he has no more political power left. Every Republican will be left to win on their own merits. After seeing what happened in 2018, having Trump endorse a Republican Candidate may not be wanted. Even if Trump is reelected, the Party of Trump will start to disassemble. And then there is a 2022 election. You think of 2024 as the only important election. It's not.

Either the rebuilding starts right now or it won't be until the 2030s (or 2028 at the earliest) when the GOP can become a power again. In that time (6 years even if Trump gets reelected, 8 if he doesn't) the Dems are going to be able to whatever the hell they want and I've seen that before and don't wish to see that. Let me think on things a bit and put together a Republican Plank. No, it won't be quite like Eisenhowers because I think he went just a tad overboard. But it won't be the promises of Trump either. And it certainly won't be the plank that Bernie would push.

President Trump has the nomination in the bag in 2020. The Moderate Republicans will definitely have a chance to nominate a candidate in 2024, regardless of whether Trump is victorious or not. If they nominate Kasich or Romney or the next Bush candidate who is in line, they are going to have to find a way to get them across the finish line. If they fail again, I don't see how they can succeed in 28, 32 or 36.

If it take 20 or 30 years of socialist rule under Crazy Bernie or The Squad to get the majority to accept Moderate Republicans- well, that's what it takes. We still have free elections in the United States, and people have a free choice as to what they want.

Here goes.

Balance the Budget. Trim the fat. There are portions of the Government that can be trimmed that can reduce the cost of running the government. Don't get rid of services but get rid of the red tape to run it. When you get rid of the red tape it costs less money and fewer people to administer it.

Revamp the Tax Structure. Make the tax structure where everyone pays their fair share. That doesn't mean a flax tax. It would still be a multi tiered system. But get rid of the loopholes. The Rich should not be paying anymore than 28% taxes no matter what. Putting them on a 39% or more tax rate and then giving them enough tax breaks that you could run a Semi Truck through the loopholes means they pay zero, 12 or 18% tax. That is where we are now. Have fewer tax tiers. It's wrong when you get a minor raise and you lose it due to going to a new tax bracket. Since the Supreme Court has deemed the Corporations are People then tax them exactly like people. For instance, a building can only be used for depreciation ONCE, not each and every time it's sold and the new owner gets to do another 15 year depreciation. Capital gains should be taxed. Money that has been taxed once should not be taxed again so when you get something in an estate, it's already been taxed and shouldn't be taxed again. But close those loopholes.

All Men and Women are created Equal. And everyone should be treated equally. This should be self explanatory. Make the laws express this. And then enforce them.

Revamp the Immigration System. We don't have enough Immigration Courts to handle the load we have. Too much time passes. The US needs to quickly get Immigrants in front of the courts and Judges for a swift and lawful outcome. We also need to rework the visiting workers program. If an employer needs visiting workers, we need to place the onus on them for housing and more including the welfare of those workers. And when the job is done, it's up to the Employer to return the visiting employee to the port of entry. Failure to comply would be grounds for the Employer to lose the right to use visiting Immigrant Employees. And if they use Illegal Immigrants then the first time, they are fined heavily. The second time, they are heavily fined to just short of putting them out of business. The third time, not only are they fined in a crippling manner but there would be prison sentences involved.

Unemployed Workers and Out of Work People and people unable to work. If a person is able to work, there is nothing wrong with the Government helping them out. But if that person wants that unemployment check or otherwise, there are jobs they can do for the community even if it's 20 hours a week while they seek employment. One of the worst things you can have on your Resume is a long period where you list zero employment. This would not be the case. You will be employed. This also means cleaning up the SNap programs and such. Soft Drinks, Energy Drinks, Chips and such should not be on the Card. And neither should a cash withdrawal. Most of the money on these programs are actually Federal Funds so the Federal Government can have a say. For those that are unable to work, it leaves more services for these people. Let's face it, a person on SSID (Disability) bringing in 667 dollars a month is just slowly dying. The various programs that gets taken advantage of more than often enough by the con artists are supposed to be for these people but there is a huge shortage of funds due to mismanagement and fraud. Clean it up.

Allow workers to form unions or not. Collective Bargaining isn't a good thing or a bad thing. It's a tool.

Make it more difficult for a President to do a warlike action without the express consent of Congress.

Allow the States more latitude in their actions. States Rights.

Treaties with Foreign Governments shall be an agreement between Congress and the Executive Branch. No major actions will be done without the express permission of both parties.

Disarm 3rd world countries that are unstable through peaceful means if possible. If any action is needed above that, it would require the express agreement between Congress and the Executive Branch.

Secure our Borders. This is done through many different methods. It could be a barrier, security fence, electronic measures, drones, patrols and more. The method would be determined by the terrain, traffic and such.

That's a good start. You can start discussing now.

Fair enough.

President Trump has the nomination in the bag in 2020. The Moderate Republicans will definitely have a chance to nominate a candidate in 2024, regardless of whether Trump is victorious or not. If they nominate Kasich or Romney or the next Bush candidate who is in line, they are going to have to find a way to get them across the finish line. If they fail again, I don't see how they can succeed in 28, 32 or 36.

If it take 20 or 30 years of socialist rule under Crazy Bernie or The Squad to get the majority to accept Moderate Republicans- well, that's what it takes. We still have free elections in the United States, and people have a free choice as to what they want.

And Hillary had it in the bag for 2016. There are NO absolutes.

Fair enough.

That's certainly true. But I'd say the odds are pretty long against any Moderate Republican taking the GOP nomination in 2020 and even less of a chance that they would be able to vanquish Sleepy Joe in November. The Democrats would brutalize Mr. Romney or Mr. Kasich , or whomever, savaging them as racists/sexist/homophobes and Literally Hitler. I just can't see either of those gentlemen recovering at all.

Fair enough.

That's certainly true. But I'd say the odds are pretty long against any Moderate Republican taking the GOP nomination in 2020 and even less of a chance that they would be able to vanquish Sleepy Joe in November. The Democrats would brutalize Mr. Romney or Mr. Kasich , or whomever, savaging them as racists/sexist/homophobes and Literally Hitler. I just can't see either of those gentlemen recovering at all.

And Hillary was supposed to win by a landslide over the pervert Trump. Don't bet your cojones on anything.

Fair enough.

And Hillary was supposed to win by a landslide over the pervert Trump. Don't bet your cojones on anything.

Sure. But time's a wasting and it takes time for an undeclared candidate to raise the billion dollars it takes to run much less to get enough people sufficiently involved to emerge victorious. Joe Biden might look like a goof, but he has the entire media and liberal establishment behind him

I think the days of quiet, considered conservatism are gone. Now the Republican party has become the political equivalent of the WWE. People seem to be attracted to spectacle rather than consistent political positions. Once Trump and his cult of personality is gone, who knows what will happen. Will they go back to stodgy traditional politicians or will they go to another brash personality? I'm betting on the loudest and dumbest pol they can find. Doubt it will be some milquetoast like Pence.

Can you tell us what the Democrat party has to offer America.....perhaps a comparison between the 2 and what one thinks will happen within the next 20 years or so, would be a benefit to all.

I don't think that either the party of Trump nor the Democratic Party should even enter into the discussion. It will just start or keep the eternal fight going. Let's face it, both existing parties really don't represent the majority anymore like the old GOP did in it's day. Ike represented America in a way that no President has even done since. And he laid the foundation even for the next two Democrat Presidents. And he even had a huge effect in some of what Reagan accomplished. Looking at the GOP during that time is the Gold Standard.
Ike was the last decent Republican President, IMHO.

Can you tell us what the Democrat party has to offer America.....perhaps a comparison between the 2 and what one thinks will happen within the next 20 years or so, would be a benefit to all.

I don't think that either the party of Trump nor the Democratic Party should even enter into the discussion. It will just start or keep the eternal fight going. Let's face it, both existing parties really don't represent the majority anymore like the old GOP did in it's day. Ike represented America in a way that no President has even done since. And he laid the foundation even for the next two Democrat Presidents. And he even had a huge effect in some of what Reagan accomplished. Looking at the GOP during that time is the Gold Standard.

you didn't like Good Old Jerry Ford?

or the Bushes who hated President Trump so much?

Ford pardoned Nixon. Bush 1 orchestrated arms for hostages. Bush 2 lied us into war with Iraq.

Ford pardoned Nixon. Bush 1 orchestrated arms for hostages. Bush 2 lied us into war with Iraq.
Why do you lie?....Do you need to see the demented DemonRATS TELLING US ALL ABOUT THE WMD SADDAM HAD....at least we now know, for sure, just how dishonest you are!

Why do you lie?....Do you need to see the demented DemonRATS TELLING US ALL ABOUT THE WMD SADDAM HAD....at least we now know, for sure, just how dishonest you are!
What lie? If it wasn't for Shrub's idiocy, we wouldn't be mired down in Iraq for 17 fucking years. Even your messiah Trump says so.

Forum List

Back