The party of small government strikes again

Why should I have to pay a surcharge when there is no such charge to use LEGAL TENDER.

you don't have to, you can go somewhere else. Or you can pay the extra they add to the price of everything to pay for the added employee hours to deal with cash at the end of the night.

Totally untrue, except in very few cases like gas stations, where there is a price for cash and another for credit. In all other cases, the cash and credit price are the same.

How can you live here and not know this?
Unless you wait over 25 days to pay the card company--then you have to pay the interest on the amount. There is also the matter of annual fees for credit cards and debit card fees. Gigi is a democrat but he is too embarrassed to admit it.

Totally untrue, except in very few cases like gas stations, where there is a price for cash and another for credit. In all other cases, the cash and credit price are the same.

How can you live here and not know this?

Well yeah, they are charging everyone the extra, even if they use cash. you are not real bright.

Though lately I have found places that give discount for using cash/check. When we moved last Oct our movers gave a discount if you did not use a card and the custom plantation shutters we had made did the same thing. Thus we wrote them both checks.

Last edited:
Try addressing my entire post, it's the purview of government to ensure that US currency, legal and acceptable tender for all goods and services is accepted everywhere. Period. This legislation has nothing to do with 'freedom' for businesses, nor the scale of government, your opinion is baseless.
Gator never thinks ahead. He figured he had a gotcha thread, but it has blown up in his face and now he is floundering.

you don't have to, you can go somewhere else. Or you can pay the extra they add to the price of everything to pay for the added employee hours to deal with cash at the end of the night.
what about what it says on the dollar bill??
" this note is legal tender for all debts public and private",,,

since it says legal tender,, to not take it would violate the law wouldnt it??

you can pay the extra they add to the price of everything to pay for the added employee hours to deal with cash at the end of the night.
The books still need to be balanced at the end of the day. You're grasping. You are also discriminating against low income people who are unable to secure a credit or debit card. Talk about systemic racism. SMH, you're contradicting your well-known and documented stance.

Unless you wait over 25 days to pay the card company--then you have to pay the interest on the amount.

Unless you are using a debit card, there is no such thing. have none of you people ever heard of a debit card?

There is also the matter of annual fees for credit cards and debit card fees.

There is no debit card fee I that I get charged unless I am forced to take out cash because some asswhipe does not accept cards.

what about what it says on the dollar bill??
" this note is legal tender for all debts public and private",,,

since it says legal tender,, to not take it would violate the law wouldnt it??

There is no debt if you have not already received your product/service.

Your argument works in a sit down restaurant but not a fast food joint.

It's sad when you lose the point you have to go this route. Just deal with it.

giphy.gif

There is no debit card fee I that I get charged unless I am forced to take out cash because some asswhipe does not accept cards.
Tsk tsk tsk, the sign of someone who is being shown their errors. Triggered. I have NEVER had a debit card. I don't feel the need to share every transaction that I make with the gov't or banks. I also don't have to deal with debit card fees or interest or overdraft fees. I pay cash for what I want and leave the establishment.

I have NEVER had a debit card.

cool for you.

I don't feel the need to share every transaction that I make with the gov't or banks.

I could not care less if anyone knows what I buy.

I also don't have to deal with debit card fees or interest or overdraft fees.

Me either. the daily limit on my card is about 10% of what is in my account.

I pay cash for what I want and leave the establishment.

I am happy for you. Did you have all cash when you bought your last car?

I could not care less if anyone knows what I buy.
And that is your right. What is not, the bank's or the gov't's right is to pry into my private life and purchasing habits regardless of what Facebook and Google would have you believe.
Did you have all cash when you bought your last car?
As a matter of fact, I bought my last three cars, a boat and an RV CASH. Next.

There is no debt if you have not already received your product/service.

Your argument works in a sit down restaurant but not a fast food joint.
I have the debt when I order the item or carry it to the checkout,,

your word salad doesnt change that,,

as for your complaint about small government,, you failed miserably,,
the government ios protecting people that cant or wont use a credit card and prefere to use the legal tender of the realm,,

Well yeah, they are charging everyone the extra, even if they use cash. you are not real bright.

Though lately I have found places that give discount for using cash/check. When we moved last Oct our movers gave a discount if you did not use a card and the custom plantation shutters we had made did the same thing. Thus we wrote them both checks.

Ah, so the gas stations are the only honest merchants in your fantasy world.

LOL

And that is your right. What is not, the bank's or the gov't's right is to pry into my private life and purchasing habits regardless of what Facebook and Google would have you believe.

The Govt cannot, I agree. The others can as long as they are not breaking any laws. If you put it on here, it is no longer private and fair game for anyone to look at.

As a matter of fact, I bought my last three cars, a boat and an RV CASH.

So, you had what a 100 grand in cash for your RV? not a check, or cashiers check, but actually cash? Did you have it all in 20 dollar bills?

Ah, so the gas stations are the only honest merchants in your fantasy world.

LOL

who said they were honest? Do you really think they are being charged 10 cents a gallon extra for you using a card? They do that because they know most people do not carry enough cash to fill up their tank

LOL, I don't have big brother telling me what and how I can spend my money.

Me either , there are 100 there ways to pay for things other than my debit card, it is just the most convenient, which is why I use it.

Forum List

Back