The Onion filed an amicus brief with SCOTUS

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
The brief is pretty funny (at least the opening). But the case poses a serious 1st Amendment concern. Some humorist made a web page pretending (obviously) to be a local police department’s Fakebook homepage. They arrested the humorist.

See? That’s no joke. But the plaintiff and some of the amicae are seeking a grant of certiorari to redress that grievance.

I don’t imagine that this amicus brief will, alone, turn the tide. But I support the humorist, the Onion and this oddball brief.

The brief is pretty funny (at least the opening). But the case poses a serious 1st Amendment concern. Some humorist made a web page pretending (obviously) to be a local police department’s Fakebook homepage. They arrested the humorist.

See? That’s no joke. But the plaintiff and some of the amicae are seeking a grant of certiorari to redress that grievance.

I don’t imagine that this amicus brief will, alone, turn the tide. But I support the humorist, the Onion and this oddball brief.
I read this yesterday. The Onion is funny. Even when they're not joking.

From another article:
“As the globe’s premier parodists, The Onion’s writers also have a self-serving interest in preventing political authorities from imprisoning humorists,” lawyers for the Onion wrote in a brief filed Monday. “This brief is submitted in the interest of at least mitigating their future punishment.”

The court filing doesn’t entirely keep a straight face, calling the federal judiciary “total Latin dorks.”

The Onion said it employs 350,000 people, is read by 4.3 trillion people and “has grown into the single most powerful and influential organization in human history.”

Yet still no further details about the 5 girls who became pregnant after that young man ejaculated in a swiming pool.

I've often wondered if the reports that Jill Biden getting a Doctorate degree for writing a report on why people quit Jr College was really nothing more than satire. When I read her thesis and saw that her reference material included college brochure handouts I was convinced it was just an Onion parody of somebody getting a Doctoral degree.

Forum List

Back