The Obesity Epidemic

Where's your enforcement?
Once the kids leave for school it's their responsibility.

When I was in school (high school) many of us ate what the school provided in the cafeteria, which was largely 'comfort' food; starchy, fatty, but delicious. Nutritionists would be aghast today. There were very few fat kids as outdoor activities hadn't yet been replaced by tv, video games, and computers.

Those are mainstays in my diet. I have pizza every Friday evening, leftover pizza the next day. Tonight I'll have chicken nuggets and 'shoestring' french fried potatoes. I have three 'hamburger' dishes as well: noodles and ground beef, hamburger hash, and spaghetti with meat sauce (ground beef), that are regular weekly meals. I also make a great 'no fart' bean soup, my regular Monday evening meal.

Neither children or adults know very much about nutrition, as is revealed by the evidence.

That's a shame. Educated women have studied nutrition from Adele Davis since the 1930s. .. and perhaps earlier. Her book, Let's Have Healthy Children is still in print. Nutrition has made strides since then, but her books are a good place to start.. Look what a bloated, obese mess Trump is.. look at poor Elvis.

That's a shame. Educated women have studied nutrition from Adele Davis since the 1930s. .. and perhaps earlier. Her book, Let's Have Healthy Children is still in print. Nutrition has made strides since then, but her books are a good place to start.. Look what a bloated, obese mess Trump is.. look at poor Elvis.
Ask a few random people, including kids, what they know about nutrition. Better yet ask people here what they know. I'm betting that not one in a hundred knows the basics of nutrition. In fact, most nutritionists don't know, won't reveal, or will bury, the basics of nutrition. (This post is not a troll.)

Last edited:
Once the kids leave for school it's their responsibility.

When I was in school (high school) many of us ate what the school provided in the cafeteria, which was largely 'comfort' food; starchy, fatty, but delicious. Nutritionists would be aghast today. There were very few fat kids as outdoor activities hadn't yet been replaced by tv, video games, and computers.

Kids were far more active, but even so calories from vegetables and grains with less salt, sugar and fat with smaller portions of meat are better for good habits. Adele Davis was heavy on meat proteins, but that's been updated for better nutrition.

Kids were far more active, but even so calories from vegetables and grains with less salt, sugar and fat with smaller portions of meat are better for good habits. Adele Davis was heavy on meat proteins, but that's been updated for better nutrition.
My (ex) wife was a devotee of Adele Davis. I thought that Davis overcomplicated the subject of nutrition.

What this country needs is a severe food shortage for about a year or 2
Or, health passports like the vaccine passports. Start canceling health coverage for fat people, forbid air travel for them, don't let them in businesses, and do all the stuff to them that unvaccinated people had to put up with.

My (ex) wife was a devotee of Adele Davis. I thought that Davis overcomplicated the subject of nutrition.

My family followed Davis with less meat protein. I took an advanced course in nutrition 15 years ago.

No real improvement can be made in any human condition without addressing basic human nature as well.

No real improvement can be made in any human condition without addressing basic human nature as well.

Children learn to eat what they are served. If you start them on heavy comfort foods, that's what they want. If you serve them large helpings of green beans, or steamed asparagus, spinach, snap peas etc that's what they want.

We occasionally go to Vegan restaurants to try something different. We had a vegan chicken alfredo dinner the other day that was excellent! We were questioning if they slipped real chicken into the dish we could not tell the difference.

Forum List

Back