The Obama Economy: Food Stamps and Unemployment

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Examples of the Democrat perverse disincentive toward productivity, self reliance and financial independence. It's Bizzaroland.

Bank ATM's hurt, food stamps help

Are you writing this down?

"What's more, SNAP is boosting the economy right now," the infographic says. "SNAP's effect extends beyond the food on a family's table--to the grocery stores, truck drivers, warehouses, processing plants and farmers that helped get it there." - See more at: WH: Food Stamps 'Are Boosting the Economy' | CNS News

""This tax package does a couple of things immediately for economic growth in Florida. Number one, for those folks looking for work right now, it extends their unemployment benefits. Two million people across the country would lose their unemployment benefits at the end of this month if we did not move forward on this tax agreement. And economists say that not only is that good for those families, it's good for the entire economy. It's probably the biggest boost that we can give an economy because those folks are most likely to spend the money with businesses, and that gives them customers," President Obama"

Obama: Unemployment Benefits "Biggest Boost" To The Economy | RealClearPolitics

Is it any wonder the economy sucks when you have people repeating this drivel? And from books I've read about the Obama Administration (both pro and anti), they really do think this way. They really believe in the Multiplier Effect. They really believe unemployment benefits stimulate the economy. They really believe higher taxes help. They really believe new regulations are beneficial. They really believe businesses have excess profits they can spend on workers' benefits.
It's scary, downright scary.

Not to mention that welfare helps farmers sell their products at inflated prices through govt. sponsored consumer demand.

Those same farmers are largely big corporations. You feel better about handouts for big corporations now?

I have a serious question:

What do right wingers believe should be done when people cannot afford food, lodging, or medical care? Do you propose to ignore the problem in the hopes it will just go away? Or, are you hoping that the threat of starvation will encourage people to work for even lower wages?

It's possible, you know, that all current American welfare programs merely exist to keep capitalism safe; that is, to prevent the masses from rioting and overthrowing the government.

My problem with "accepted" American liberalism is that it is actually just a protective band-aid over the festering wound of crony capitalism that defines our economy. Liberals support the economic system.

What do right wingers believe should be done when people cannot afford food, lodging, or medical care? Do you propose to ignore the problem in the hopes it will just go away? Or, are you hoping that the threat of starvation will encourage people to work for even lower wages?

It's possible, you know, that all current American welfare programs merely exist to keep capitalism safe; that is, to prevent the masses from rioting and overthrowing the government.

My problem with "accepted" American liberalism is that it is actually just a protective band-aid over the festering wound of crony capitalism that defines our economy. Liberals support the economic system.

Um, let's see. I grew up without health insurance. When I got sick, my Dad called the doctor and he'd come over. He charged $20/visit which was a days pay for my Dad at the time.

LBJ started the "War on Poor People" back in 1964 and we've spent trillion keeping people poor and voting for Democrats.

Time to try something else

Um, let's see. I grew up without health insurance. When I got sick, my Dad called the doctor and he'd come over. He charged $20/visit which was a days pay for my Dad at the time.

LBJ started the "War on Poor People" back in 1964 and we've spent trillion keeping people poor and voting for Democrats.

I'm open for suggestions.

BTW, back in your "dad's day" companies hired people for life, provided benefits and bonuses, and health care costs were minimal. There were retirement benefits and pensions. Believe it or not, things have changed. Alot.

BTW, back in your "dad's day" companies hired people for life, provided benefits and bonuses, and health care costs were minimal. There were retirement benefits and pensions. Believe it or not, things have changed. Alot.

And among those changes were legal standards that encouraged people to sue for little to no reason. And gov't programs that enabled anti-social behavior.

But I see you are another of the "if gov't doesnt do it it wont get done" crowd.
What happened in 1900 when someone was hungry or homeless?

And among those changes were legal standards that encouraged people to sue for little to no reason. And gov't programs that enabled anti-social behavior.

But I see you are another of the "if gov't doesnt do it it wont get done" crowd.

They either got real good and picking pockets and stealing food from carts or died.

:lmao:

No they didn't. They went to a soup kitchen or other charity. Most eventually found a way to put food on the table...as in, a job - the kryptonite of LOLberals everywhere.

Regardless of right or wrong the Ds own the economy now. Detroit and soon Chicago, rightly or wrongly are teaching voters that Ds are a survival risk. If Obamacare does not arise and walk then the Ds are in big trouble.

Between robotics and additive manufacture GDP should increase over the next three years accompanied by a net decrease in employment with massive self deportation of illegals. The negative correlation of local GDP growth and employment and voting D is also increasing.

yeah...but c'mon...Wall Street has had two record years in the past 4 years, and the top wage earners are enjoying record earnings increase. Corporations are doing fantastically as any and nearly all small independent business competition is rapidly declining.
Are you guys trying to say that this administration is favoring the wealthy??? Noooo....that was Bush. :eusa_whistle:

...Wall Street has had two record years in the past 4 years, and the top wage earners are enjoying record earnings...
--and median incomes are down during this bull market:
bwahahaha.png

bwahahahaha!!!!!

Expat, that's the direct result of Bush's policies.
OK, the decline is the result of Bush's policies, the increase in the Dow is the result of Obama's policies. Because anything good is due to Obama, anything bad to Bush.
Get it?

Not to mention that welfare helps farmers sell their products at inflated prices through govt. sponsored consumer demand.

Those same farmers are largely big corporations. You feel better about handouts for big corporations now?

:lol::lol::lol: Yes, as usual he was thinking out of his ass....

And, one must not forget, that after spending untold trillions of dollars on "the war on poverty" there are now more people living in poverty than were before the "war" began.

I don't know how to classify that level of failure.

They either got real good and picking pockets and stealing food from carts or died.

Really? The Great Depression saw untold suffering in the US...and yet, even with no welfare, the people didn't starve. Other than some very well known criminals crime stayed the same...... and no one starved...

How is that possible...

Forum List

Back