The Obama Crony Capitalism Thread

For it to be "crony capitalism", doesn't there have to be personal gain? You know, like Rick Perry getting money from the drug company that provides the vaccines he MANDATED?

not necessarily .. it means that you advance your buddies...

but i'm wondering why the rightwingnuts are suddenly troubled. they're still claiming that De-Lay got a raw deal and that Cheney didn't benefit from haliburton's contracts.

So, capitalism is evil...unless the companies are Dem donors.
Potamic Two-Step Double Standard Dance...

dance-obama-01.gif

For it to be "crony capitalism", doesn't there have to be personal gain? You know, like Rick Perry getting money from the drug company that provides the vaccines he MANDATED?

but i'm wondering why the rightwingnuts are suddenly troubled. they're still claiming that De-Lay got a raw deal and that Cheney didn't benefit from haliburton's contracts.
We only make the claim about Cheney because it's true.

FactCheck.org: Kerry Ad Falsely Accuses Cheney on Halliburton

Well there's Obama's ties to Haliburton and no bid contracts..oh, sorry that was Cheney.

Then there's Obama and the Enron debacle - oops, sorry, Kenny Lay was Bushs' buddy.

Then there was Obama's closed door meeting with energy suppliers to discuss what the govt's energy policy should be without revelling to the public the outcome of that discussion - oh, sorry that was Bush again.

Pathetic OP. Then again, look who started it....
But MOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!...The other guys are crony capitalists tooooooooooooooo!

Phony baloney moral relativist. :eusa_hand:

But MMOOOOMMMMMM when my guy does it, he's supposed to get a free pass.

More partisanship trying to be passed off as "we don't need to sort our own house, but you need to sort out yorus"..

Moral vacuousness more like...
I don't give republicans a free pass for their crony capitalism....Quite unlike shameless democrat party man hacks and Obammy fluffers.

Talk about your moral vacuousness.

Well there's Obama's ties to Haliburton and no bid contracts..oh, sorry that was Cheney.

Then there's Obama and the Enron debacle - oops, sorry, Kenny Lay was Bushs' buddy.

Then there was Obama's closed door meeting with energy suppliers to discuss what the govt's energy policy should be without revelling to the public the outcome of that discussion - oh, sorry that was Bush again.

because we were were not entitled to any.

and you are conflating the issues by the way, reaching for what I think is a false comparison.

but I could be wrong.....you are free to show please, the connection between bush and enron on a comparative basis with what appears to be obama's and solyndra's....and of the coverages between the to 2 please.

ex; NBC has yet to mention it in a prime time news segment btw.

heres an example;

Obama admin reworked Solyndra loan to favor donor

Obama admin reworked Solyndra loan to favor donor  | ajc.com

links please?

because we were were not entitled to any.

and you are conflating the issues by the way, reaching for what I think is a false comparison.

but I could be wrong.....you are free to show please, the connection between bush and enron on a comparative basis with what appears to be obama's and solyndra's....and of the coverages between the to 2 please.

ex; NBC has yet to mention it in a prime time news segment btw.

heres an example;

Obama admin reworked Solyndra loan to favor donor

Obama admin reworked Solyndra loan to favor donor *| ajc.com

See, you look at it like he was trying to do a donor a favour. I look at it as him trying to save jobs.

That aside, you're ok with the energy manufacturers making energy policy? Or at least having input without being trasparent about it? Why am I not surprised....

See, you look at it like he was trying to do a donor a favour. I look at it as him trying to save jobs.
Then he probably shouldn't have chosen a company that was doomed to failure from the start, shouldn't he?
That aside, you're ok with the energy manufacturers making energy policy? Or at least having input without being trasparent about it? Why am I not surprised....
Oh, you mean like the Solyndra boss' visits to the White House -- that we finally just found out about?

What do you think they were discussing? Football?

Then he probably shouldn't have chosen a company that was doomed to failure from the start, shouldn't he?
Oh, you mean like the Solyndra boss' visits to the White House -- that we finally just found out about?

And he knew it was doomed to failure?

Solyndra was making energy policy? Really? Link...

He should have.

Blog: Industry analysts have been questioning Solyndra business plan for years

Of course, he wasn't interested in creating jobs. He was paying back a big contributor and getting greenie street cred.
I don't think they were discussing policy OR football. I think they were discussing how much taxpayer money they could fleece.

Judging from the way it turned out, I'm right.

He should have.

Of course, he wasn't interested in creating jobs. He was paying back a big contributor and getting greenie street cred.
I don't think they were discussing policy OR football. I think they were discussing how much taxpayer money they could fleece.

On the first point you have no idea, but are taking a guess - a guess mired in partisanship. Ditto the second part.

He might have been doing a donor a favour. But you have no idea, only supposition.

Last edited:
He should have.

On the first point you have no idea, but are taking a guess - a guess mired in partisanship. Ditto the second part.

He might have been doing a donor a favour. But you have no idea, only supposition.
Oh, horseshit.

You just make sure you don't criticize The One. You might burst into flame.

He should have.

Oh, horseshit.

You just make sure you don't criticize The One. You might burst into flame.

I am not an Obama acolyte by a long shot... He's a pretty weak president in my opinion. Not as decisive as he needs to be.

I'm not just mired in partisan hackery like you......

Forum List

Back