The NRA Way Of Life Is Ruining Our Nation; Decades Of Gun Propaganda Has Created A Nation Of Sociopaths

The grim reality is that the entire nation is in the thrall to a minority of extremely insecure mostly white men who, drunk on decades of NRA-fueled propaganda, have decided that having the ability to commit mass murder at a moment's notice is a crucial component of maintaining their manhood against the ever-encroaching threats from de-gendered Potato Heads and lady video game players. Most of these men claim exoneration because they don't personally grab one of their many overpriced killing machines to lay waste to a grocery store or high school. Grotesquely, some even use these mass shootings to indulge in public fantasies about how they would totally stop an active shooter, though somehow they never seem to actually get around to doing it. But ultimately, they've become complacent in the face of mass murder from decades of being told by right-wing media that there's a binary choice between preventing murder and watching Michelle Obama personally run off with their testicles in her handbag. Worse, the right has cultivated an overall suspicion of the very concept of concern for the lives of others at all.

Pollster Frank Luntz recently held a focus group of vaccine-hesitant Republicans, and one of the justifications offered for refusing to get the vaccine was chilling precisely because the defiance was conveyed so matter-of-factly: "We are not all in this together."

The comment really cut to the heart of the cultivated stance of sociopathy that has fueled the GOP for decades now. There is much that conservatives think is owed to them, like the icons of their childhood such as Mr. Potato Head or Dr. Seuss to never change with the times, or for Ghostbusters to never be female, or to never have to press 1 for English nor ever see a Black athlete kneel instead of stand during the national anthem.

And lets not leave out the sociopaths in Congress. The majority of America wants tighter gun restrictions, and the tyranny of the minority won't be able to hide behind the filibuster much longer.
Give them credit, the NRA and talk radio have spent the last 3+ decades filling these guys with both rage and paranoia. Guns are a natural fit for that.

Today, these guys think the commies will be rolling down the street at any moment, literally, and that their God is on their side, literally.
Were either of these recent shooters members of the NRA?

No?

Ok, STFU.
What did that have to do with my post?

Nothing?

Okay.
You blame the NRA for these shootings, yet can't show a single shooter who is associated with the NRA in any way.

Keep clutching those pearls, Nancy.
I blamed the NRA for these shootings?

You're so hypersensitive and emotional that you just make stuff up in your mind.

I can't help you with that, sorry.
Why are you running away from your post?

Give them credit, the NRA and talk radio have spent the last 3+ decades filling these guys with both rage and paranoia

Bottom line is this, freedom is messy, chaotic and dangerous. It requires adults to act like adults and with restraint. It's also preferable to any alternative.

What we see happening is people willing to trade freedom for an illusion of safety but at some point we have to look at the situation and make a conscious decision to either accept that weapons are dangerous and keep them because we are free to make that choice or give away that freedom because we're scared that we might get hurt. Ultimately, of course, history shows us that a society that voluntarily gives up its means of defense finds itself at the mercy of a merciless government, either foreign or domestic. With arms, government rightly fears the citizens, without arms it's the other way around.

The grim reality is that the entire nation is in the thrall to a minority of extremely insecure mostly white men who, drunk on decades of NRA-fueled propaganda, have decided that having the ability to commit mass murder at a moment's notice is a crucial component of maintaining their manhood against the ever-encroaching threats from de-gendered Potato Heads and lady video game players. Most of these men claim exoneration because they don't personally grab one of their many overpriced killing machines to lay waste to a grocery store or high school. Grotesquely, some even use these mass shootings to indulge in public fantasies about how they would totally stop an active shooter, though somehow they never seem to actually get around to doing it. But ultimately, they've become complacent in the face of mass murder from decades of being told by right-wing media that there's a binary choice between preventing murder and watching Michelle Obama personally run off with their testicles in her handbag. Worse, the right has cultivated an overall suspicion of the very concept of concern for the lives of others at all.

Pollster Frank Luntz recently held a focus group of vaccine-hesitant Republicans, and one of the justifications offered for refusing to get the vaccine was chilling precisely because the defiance was conveyed so matter-of-factly: "We are not all in this together."

The comment really cut to the heart of the cultivated stance of sociopathy that has fueled the GOP for decades now. There is much that conservatives think is owed to them, like the icons of their childhood such as Mr. Potato Head or Dr. Seuss to never change with the times, or for Ghostbusters to never be female, or to never have to press 1 for English nor ever see a Black athlete kneel instead of stand during the national anthem.

And lets not leave out the sociopaths in Congress. The majority of America wants tighter gun restrictions, and the tyranny of the minority won't be able to hide behind the filibuster much longer.
Give them credit, the NRA and talk radio have spent the last 3+ decades filling these guys with both rage and paranoia. Guns are a natural fit for that.

Today, these guys think the commies will be rolling down the street at any moment, literally, and that their God is on their side, literally.

No?

Ok, STFU.

Nothing?

Okay.
You blame the NRA for these shootings, yet can't show a single shooter who is associated with the NRA in any way.

You're so hypersensitive and emotional that you just make stuff up in your mind.

Give them credit, the NRA and talk radio have spent the last 3+ decades filling these guys with both rage and paranoia
As I tried to explain, I didn't say what you claimed I said.

You guys are too emotional for me. You're not attached to reality.

If many more people would carry a gun, mass shooters would have to think twice.

Yeah, that's why so many other countries have so much trouble with their mass shooters. Not enough of the population is armed.

Except that other countries don't have MASS SHOOTERS BECAUSE NOBODY CAN BUY A FUCKING GUN
hate to break it to you skank, but america is 66th is mass shootings,,,

not very high for a country full of guns,,

And what unaccredited Qult45 faux journalist wrote that unsourced pile of shit article for "world population review dot com"? It was you, wasn't it, scooter? :auiqs.jpg:
I see facts bother you a lot,,, can I get you a lollipop??

Misinformation bothers me. Propaganda as well. Can I get you a shut your pie hole, idiot?
why is it you leftist always want others to shut up but we want you to keep talking??

I guarantee with events like this the wealthy liberal elite that seemingly despise guns for everyone else will be seeking the protection of a firearm either personally or proxy. They are not giving up their guns or access to acquire guns.... why should I give up mine? It is because of sociopathic events like this all the more important for people to be able to protect themselves.

No?

Ok, STFU.

Nothing?

Okay.

Sure you did. You just won't own it now that you have been called out to prove it.

My hope is that more good guys with guns take out these mass murderers. Right now, a mass murder knows that there is 90 percent or better confidence interval that no one is going to return fire when they execute their plan.

No?

Ok, STFU.

Nothing?

Okay.

Sure you did. You just won't own it now that you have been called out to prove it.
I believe that you believe I did.

This is the kind of thing that is so fascinating about you people.

Again, there is nothing I can do about that.

No?

Ok, STFU.

Nothing?

Okay.

You: Give them credit, the NRA and talk radio have spent the last 3+ decades filling these guys with both rage and paranoia

No?

Ok, STFU.

Nothing?

Okay.

You: Give them credit, the NRA and talk radio have spent the last 3+ decades filling these guys with both rage and paranoia
That's correct.

The person who pulls the trigger is responsible for what happens.

If some Antifa idiot throws a brick through a window, that's his fault, even though he exists in an ideological environment that enables and motivates that crime.

Is this too complicated for you, slugger?

I always find it assuming, that the left goes after a non-profit, civil rights group, that promotes gun safety whenever there is a shooting...blames them as the OP states for creating a way of life where murder and violence is acceptable...but they never actually look at say Hollywood, or Silicon Valley...where gun violence is produced on television, the big screen and in video games....I have yet to hear any of the killers try to use the NRA made me do it defense...but I have certainly heard the video game defense attempted.

I wonder why the left doesn't?

Oh....well...I mean it can't have anything to do with the millions of dollars they get from those industries

No?

Ok, STFU.

Nothing?

Okay.

That's correct.

If some Antifa idiot throws a brick through a window, that's his fault, even though he exists in an ideological environment that enables and motivates that crime.

So now you claim the NRA has nothing to do with shootings.

Then why all the whining and crying about the NRA?

Keep dancing......

Got it ass backwards. It was rage and paranoia that caused thinking Americans to join the NRA. The NRA defends the Constitution. Some Americans still like the Constitution. Go figger.

No?

Ok, STFU.

Nothing?

Okay.

That's correct.

when has a mass killer said the NRA drove them to do the killing?

No?

Ok, STFU.

Nothing?

Okay.

That's correct.

Keep dancing......
I've tried to make this as simple and clear for you as I can. Really.

That third line of my post should have been enough.

No?

Ok, STFU.

Nothing?

Okay.

That's correct.

I don't know. None that I can think of.

No?

Ok, STFU.

Nothing?

Okay.

That's correct.

Keep dancing......

Tap dancing...............

Why are you whining and crying about the NRA if you admit they have nothing to do with these shootings?

No?

Ok, STFU.

Nothing?

Okay.

That's correct.

Keep dancing......

Tap dancing...............

Why are you whining and crying about the NRA if you admit they have nothing to do with these shootings?
Holy crap, you're still going.

I made a clear point. You don't like it because you're a standard-issue Trumpian hypersensitive snowflake.

I don't care.

I'm done dumbing things down for you people.

No?

Ok, STFU.

Nothing?

Okay.

That's correct.

So why is the left blaming the NRA?

No?

Ok, STFU.

Nothing?

Okay.

That's correct.

So why is the left blaming the NRA?
Because it's an easy target. No pun intended.

Both ends of the spectrum do that.

Forum List

Back