The NFL Clown Show with the so-called "black national anthem"

It's only a song and nothing about it bothers me. Another story to not worry about. Has no effect on anything.

It's only a song and nothing about it bothers me. Another story to not worry about. Has no effect on anything.
I think it’s more than just a song.

”A national anthem is a patriotic song or musical composition that is either recognized officially by a nation’s government and constitution or is accepted as such by convention through popular use. The national anthem reflects the history, struggles, and traditions of a nation and its people and serves as an expression of national identity.”

The level of divisiveness continues, from the NFL to big corporations to the Democratic Party.

MLK holiday, black history month, and the even dumber juneteenth that is now a national holiday (a day that has no meaning outside of black slaves in Texas being informed by a Union General that Lincoln freed them), to reparation demands, now this.

We have ONE National Anthem, screw the NFL, and the rest of the dividers.

So, did your alternative media get your panties in a wad for NOTHING again? Yes or no?

We have (had?) a glorious nation. Beautiful. Two oceans, mountains, plains, desert. Great, hardworking, independent people. A founding document like no other in the history of humankind.

That said.

Objectively, our National Anthem sucks. As a piece of music, it sucks.

It's unsingable for the average singer, in terms of range.

The part we sing--verse one--is a word soup that is really a single question: which flag is flying? That's it. It's pertinent to one battle in one war. It's not about our founding, our beautiful people or land. It's about one man peering through the dark and asking--in too many words--"which flag is flying"? The question is answered in the next three verses, but nevermind--we never sing them.

We should have a different National Anthem but never will. So we're stuck with our sucky one. Oh well.
"Dixie's Land" was a great anthem.

I was comparing countries that don’t allow foreigners to invade their country to change the culture.
No country exists in a bubble, and even if one did that would not change anything about the United States of America. Get over your fears.

Forum List

Back