The next PM will be one of these slags

Sunak can add up. Truss lacks that skill. She is driving Sunak to the right given his latest pronouncements. Neither of them is likely to challenge big business because the tory party is the party of big business.

Its looking grim for Sunak now. I think Truss is seen as the anti Sunak candidate but would not have been the choice of the members. Its hard to explain what a laughing stock she is. Truly dismal.

Its a poisoned chalice though. The country really is falling apart. brexit has contracted the economy. That is why taxes have gone up.
Public services are on their knees.
There is the threat of troubles in Northern Ireland. Europe is bringing in trade wars which will also screw us.
Every public union is threatening strikes over pay and the response has been to pass a scab law.
A genius would struggle but neither of these is a genius.

They don't need to be geniuses. They just need to win. It isn't like the conservatives are going to drop David Milaband in as a shocker at the end. They will go with whomever they think can smooth things over. Seems to me I read somewhere Tony effing Blair would prefer a Sunak win. If true, talk about a kiss of death for his aspirations.

As for trade wars, they have been a generation in the making. Neo-mercantilism has been picking up steam since countries moved toward a consumption based economy and unfortunately for the west, nobody really cared that much about China until it is virtually impossible to do anything about China so we will fight among ourselves for another generation.

They don't need to be geniuses. They just need to win. It isn't like the conservatives are going to drop David Milaband in as a shocker at the end. They will go with whomever they think can smooth things over. Seems to me I read somewhere Tony effing Blair would prefer a Sunak win. If true, talk about a kiss of death for his aspirations.

As for trade wars, they have been a generation in the making. Neo-mercantilism has been picking up steam since countries moved toward a consumption based economy and unfortunately for the west, nobody really cared that much about China until it is virtually impossible to do anything about China so we will fight among ourselves for another generation.
Thats over my head. Trade wars are a direct result of brexit, along with inflation and poverty.

We didnt have these problems before. But we will have them for some time.

Thats over my head. Trade wars are a direct result of brexit, along with inflation and poverty.

We didnt have these problems before. But we will have them for some time.

You didn't notice these problems until brexit. You know why? Because you never noticed all the american products being shadow banned from the UK and EU in the name of "No-GMO's" and too much salt or fat or sugar on the ingredient labels. The EU and UK have been in a soft trade war with America for awhile.

You didn't notice these problems until brexit. You know why? Because you never noticed all the american products being shadow banned from the UK and EU in the name of "No-GMO's" and too much salt or fat or sugar on the ingredient labels. The EU and UK have been in a soft trade war with America for awhile.
I dont have any problem with that. I like
the idea of my food being grown in a responsible and humane manner.

That is under threat now.

The US could sell to the EU if it adopted EU standards. BIg food in the US doesnt want that .

I dont have any problem with that. I like
the idea of my food being grown in a responsible and humane manner.

That is under threat now.

The US could sell to the EU if it adopted EU standards. BIg food in the US doesnt want that .

It isn't a matter of big food. It is a matter of US health and safety standards. Chlorine is added to water so to ban poultry because it is washed in water containing very diluted chlorine is little more than an effort to not have to compete. In the meantime, you people eat french fry sandwiches smothered in brown sauce on buttered bread just to have some flavor in your food and presume to lecture us on what is healthy.

It isn't a matter of big food. It is a matter of US health and safety standards. Chlorine is added to water so to ban poultry because it is washed in water containing very diluted chlorine is little more than an effort to not have to compete. In the meantime, you people eat french fry sandwiches smothered in brown sauce on buttered bread just to have some flavor in your food and presume to lecture us on what is healthy.
We can only dream of having American specialities over here.

1658606758155.png

The first head to head debate between these cretins is on tonight. It has degenerated into a dirty war for votes.
To appeal to the tory membership they are both lurching rightwards to curry favour. Of course nobody expects campaign promises to be kept but it is an unsettleng time for decent people like me.

The latest culture war sees Team truss attack Sunak for wearing designer brand clothing. Its very unedifying.

In return Sunak is promising to bring back prison hulks like we had during the time of Dickens. You may remember Magwich from Great Expectations.

A very bad tempered and poor quality debate which was inconclusive. Sunak needed a big win but didnt get it. Odds are now in favour of Truss by a lot.

Forum List

Back