Brexit dividend - Northern ireland general strike

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

More fall out from brexit. Northern Ireland is on strike. We werent promised that by the brexit frothers.

Wages in the ptovince have fallen behind the UK and people are sick of it.

Its all related to the brexit shambles.

Put simply the exit from the EU threatened the Good Friday Agreement.

It led to different trading relationships with the Republic.

When we were in the EU there was no border.

Now we do.

Johnson lied to the proddys about it.

The proddys decided to boycott the Assembly.

The assembly then collapsed.

Meaning no govt staff got pay rises.

So they are now underpaid and on strike.

Because of brexit.

Another tory mess to sort out.

Sunak is silent as usual.

Does Northern Ireland have any meaningful economy?
Yes. They are the only part of the UK with access to the EU.
Its a political crisis not an economic one. Apart from public sector workers being unable to afford to live.
Brexit dividend.

Its a political crisis not an economic one. Apart from public sector workers being unable to afford to live.
Brexit dividend.
NI is a mess. It is a burden for the UK, it would be a burden for the Republic, as a separate nation it would be dysfunctional and politically paralysed.

Yeah, agree, the GFA was the best possible solution, but it could function only inside the EU. Brexit caused troubles. But the train has left the station. I doubt the EU would want the UK back.

NI is a mess. It is a burden for the UK, it would be a burden for the Republic, as a separate nation it would be dysfunctional and politically paralysed.

Yeah, agree, the GFA was the best possible solution, but it could function only inside the EU. Brexit caused troubles. But the train has left the station. I doubt the EU would want the UK back.
As i said its a brexit dividend. Shit.

Brexit dividend.
It is a mess...

The North has an opportunity to exploit its position in so many ways.

Here is a simple example...
Rep of Ireland and UK use left hand drive cars. Ireland has generally bought a large amount of used cars from the UK as there bigger market has seen thousands in differences in between the two markets. It was so bad that the Irish brought in a special tax (VRT) to equalise it some what but the difference is still quite significant. That was until Brexit.
Brexit brought in a VAT to be paid on importing cars from outside the EU into Ireland. This totally eroded the difference and the price of secondhand cars in Ireland significantly increased.
That is unless the car is registered in Northern Ireland, even for one day. Northern Ireland can import from the UK secondhand cars and re-regsiter them and sell them to Ireland without VAT...

Personally I think the UK will apply to go back into the common market in the next Government... The polls are very heavy in favour...

EU people will take UK back without full membership (Norway deal) pretty quickly with a change in government. People in EU know the British people were conned and lied too. So there would be a far closer co-operation rather than full membership i.e. Norway Deal...

1705628607053.png

It is a mess...

The North has an opportunity to exploit its position in so many ways.

Here is a simple example...
Rep of Ireland and UK use left hand drive cars. Ireland has generally bought a large amount of used cars from the UK as there bigger market has seen thousands in differences in between the two markets. It was so bad that the Irish brought in a special tax (VRT) to equalise it some what but the difference is still quite significant. That was until Brexit.
Brexit brought in a VAT to be paid on importing cars from outside the EU into Ireland. This totally eroded the difference and the price of secondhand cars in Ireland significantly increased.
That is unless the car is registered in Northern Ireland, even for one day. Northern Ireland can import from the UK secondhand cars and re-regsiter them and sell them to Ireland without VAT...
The DUP is just about the biggest collection of supid people on the planet.
How many times can they be lied to before they wake up ?

Personally I think the UK will apply to go back into the common market in the next Government... The polls are very heavy in favour...

EU people will take UK back without full membership (Norway deal) pretty quickly with a change in government. People in EU know the British people were conned and lied too. So there would be a far closer co-operation rather than full membership i.e. Norway Deal...

View attachment 890091
Without full membership, of course the Europeans will be all in favor of that. But the 'Norway deal' will mean Britain will have to accept European directives without having a say in voting for them. It will be a great blow for British 'conservatives'.

Forum List

Back