Rishi Sunak’s report finds low-traffic neighbourhoods work and are popular

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Well here is an embarressment for the poison dwarf.

He was looking to campaign on the evil of LTNs in a bid to reverse his miserable fortunes. So he comissions a report that he could wave in our faces to prove he is right.

But shock horror. People like LTNs. They dont like heavy traffic.

So he does the tory thing and hides the report. People like 15 minute cities as well. It is only the cranks amongst us who have a problem with everything being on your doorstep.

Another conservative failure.

I live out of town, so I don't have to suffer that crazy shit. Town/city centres are dying because of crazy thoughts about vehicles.

So I'm fortunate enough to live far enough out of town and drive to out of town supermarkets without suffering from the weirdos with their weird ideas.

Well no shit people don’t like traffic. That’s why people prefer to stay out of the cities, as well as staying away from all the crime and filth.

There is nothing conservative about Rishi. He is a globalist moron.

People like 15 minute cities as well. It is only the cranks amongst us who have a problem with everything being on your doorstep
Obviously I live in a different country but you couldn’t get me to even consider living in a 15 minute city. I enjoy my privacy far too much for that.

I could not live in a low-traffic neighborhood unless it was in a rural setting. I had to look up what they are, but if I’m paying to maintain the roadway in an area, I’m damn sure going to use that roadway, even if it inconveniences the neighborhood. I live on a truck bypass between two state highways. Probably 35% of the traffic that goes by my house is commercial vehicles and I’m fine with thst.

Obviously I live in a different country but you couldn’t get me to even consider living in a 15 minute city. I enjoy my privacy far too much for that.

I could not live in a low-traffic neighborhood unless it was in a rural setting. I had to look up what they are, but if I’m paying to maintain the roadway in an area, I’m damn sure going to use that roadway, even if it inconveniences the neighborhood. I live on a truck bypass between two state highways. Probably 35% of the traffic that goes by my house is commercial vehicles and I’m fine with thst.
I live on a busy main road. I had to buy a big gate to keep the kids in when they were small.I would have loved a low traffic neighbourhood.

Well here is an embarressment for the poison dwarf.

He was looking to campaign on the evil of LTNs in a bid to reverse his miserable fortunes. So he comissions a report that he could wave in our faces to prove he is right.

But shock horror. People like LTNs. They dont like heavy traffic.

So he does the tory thing and hides the report. People like 15 minute cities as well. It is only the cranks amongst us who have a problem with everything being on your doorstep.

Another conservative failure.
I told you the other day it was obvious your "race hustling" engine was running on fumes and ^this/that^ post is the proof...you need some Mah jong time to toughen ya up bro.

I live on a busy main road. I had to buy a big gate to keep the kids in when they were small.I would have loved a low traffic neighbourhood
I try to have a fence no matter where I live. It keeps the rif-raf out and provides a nice place to post the “no trespassing” and “no solicitation” signs. I couldn’t live in these 15 minute cities where you don’t have any privacy or property of your own.

don’t mind the traffic. It means your road will definitely get maintained (repaired and plowed) in a timely fashion. You’re likely to get utilities restored quicker and emergency services arrive sooner.

I try to have a fence no matter where I live. It keeps the rif-raf out and provides a nice place to post the “no trespassing” and “no solicitation” signs. I couldn’t live in these 15 minute cities where you don’t have any privacy or property of your own.

don’t mind the traffic. It means your road will definitely get maintained (repaired and plowed) in a timely fashion. You’re likely to get utilities restored quicker and emergency services arrive sooner.
Why is there no privacy on a 15 minute city ? I have never heard that .

Why is there no privacy on a 15 minute city ? I have never heard that
How many 2,800 sq ft houses with .62 acre lots are there in a 15 minute city, NONE. It’s a bunch of apartments, condos and townhouses squished together to pack the maximum number of people into a minimal amount of space. Sardine can living. Outside of your postage stamp sized living quarters you have no private space.

How many 2,800 sq ft houses with .62 acre lots are there in a 15 minute city, NONE. It’s a bunch of apartments, condos and townhouses squished together to pack the maximum number of people into a minimal amount of space. Sardine can living. Outside of your postage stamp sized living quarters you have no private space.
You get what you pay for.

Not necessarily. My mortgage payment for this place is less than 2K a month. To get this much space in an apartment/condo the closest metro area would cost minimally double that and have no yard or off street parking included.
So you get what you pay for. City centre space always costs more.

So you get what you pay for. City centre space always costs more
You pay more and get nothing for it. Most of those units you can’t even paint the walls. Hell, I know of a new one that tells tenants they will be charged full price to repaint the entire unit upon moving out if ANYTHING is hung on a wall. Even if they use non-penetrating wall mounts.

Can you own a car is such a place? how many times a week do you make a grocery run if limited to what you can carry
Up North UK, councils are hell bent on creating restricted traffic routes. In many cases, one road in, one road out. So you tend to try and avoid city centres. For example, I went to a mates house and travelled 32 miles to the city. I stopped at the Supermarket and foolishly, decided to go through the city centre to my mates house, about 4 miles away. It took longer to get across town than it did to drive down from home.

In that 4 mile stretch, there are 21 sets of traffic lights. Then the local council do a survey on why you're not shopping in the city centre and everyone screams, "Can't get parked". And what do the idiots councillors do? Dig up more parking areas, plant trees, benches and stupid modern art sculptures, then the city centre declines further.

I go into the main city centre about 3 times a year because of a specific task/shop I have to do or visit. Other than that, like many, I avoid the place.

You pay more and get nothing for it. Most of those units you can’t even paint the walls. Hell, I know of a new one that tells tenants they will be charged full price to repaint the entire unit upon moving out if ANYTHING is hung on a wall. Even if they use non-penetrating wall mounts.
Thats capitalism not 15 minute cities.

Up North UK, councils are hell bent on creating restricted traffic routes. In many cases, one road in, one road out. So you tend to try and avoid city centres. For example, I went to a mates house and travelled 32 miles to the city. I stopped at the Supermarket and foolishly, decided to go through the city centre to my mates house, about 4 miles away. It took longer to get across town than it did to drive down from home.

In that 4 mile stretch, there are 21 sets of traffic lights. Then the local council do a survey on why you're not shopping in the city centre and everyone screams, "Can't get parked". And what do the idiots councillors do? Dig up more parking areas, plant trees, benches and stupid modern art sculptures, then the city centre declines further.

I go into the main city centre about 3 times a year because of a specific task/shop I have to do or visit. Other than that, like many, I avoid the place.
Odd. I was in Liverpool last week. No problems at all.

Forum List

Back