The New Normal: Gun Sales Skyrocketing

I don't own a gun and I even refused one as a gift when I was in law school at night in DC after my day job. It was a derringer. I grew up in a house with guns in it in northern New Jersey. My father had them and even allowed me to site them at paper targets when I was a child under ten and then he pulled the trigger. He also taught me never, ever to point a gun toward another human being. Neither were we so badly off that he had to kill animals, so he never hunted.

Should I, as a woman, buy a gun? women have been subjects of aggression for all of time, even by relatives. Other folks have been subject to aggression on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity. Should we all be heavily armed?

Should we all be heavily armed?

Heavily, no.

Having one for self defnse?

Yes

You don't know what you are getting into. I was subjected as a teenager by an older man who pinned me against a wall, this happened again when I was a young woman in college. Should I have had a gun and shot them? These people put their hands on me and blocked my way.
Like this?
View attachment 452978
Coming from a guy who supported Trump a guy who was sued for child rape, was known to barge into the rooms of teenage beauty contestants while they were dressing and who made sexual comments about his own daughter, your post is hilarious.

What in the world did America do to Democrats ? How could they hate the country that gives them everything they want ? Why do Americans feel the need to heavily arm themselves when they get power ? Who votes for them?

I don't own a gun and I even refused one as a gift when I was in law school at night in DC after my day job. It was a derringer. I grew up in a house with guns in it in northern New Jersey. My father had them and even allowed me to site them at paper targets when I was a child under ten and then he pulled the trigger. He also taught me never, ever to point a gun toward another human being. Neither were we so badly off that he had to kill animals, so he never hunted.

Should I, as a woman, buy a gun? women have been subjects of aggression for all of time, even by relatives. Other folks have been subject to aggression on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity. Should we all be heavily armed?

Heavily, no.

Yes

You don't know what you are getting into. I was subjected as a teenager by an older man who pinned me against a wall, this happened again when I was a young woman in college. Should I have had a gun and shot them? These people put their hands on me and blocked my way.

if you had pulled that derringer, would you have needed to pull the trigger?

Or would the sight of it served as a deterrent?
I’ve yet to see any anti gun nut put a sign outside their home saying this house is gun free.
They like hiding behind us gun owners.

View attachment 452922

I‘ll tell you what

I’ll post a sign saying I have no guns if you post one saying that you do.......Let’s see who gets robbed first

I don’t really have anything easy to market once stollen. Guns are a quick sale

I'll tell you what.

Let's see how easy it is to steal a 350-pound gun safe that's bolted to the floor and the wall.

You sound like you're planning a robbery or something. I'm just sayin', man.

I’ll post a sign saying I have no guns if you post one saying that you do.......Let’s see who gets robbed first
Challenge ACCEPTED!!!

You got it pal

Nothing to steal in my house. Your guns will fetch a pretty penny. You don’t think anyone will break into your house while you are there do you?
I live in Texas, pal. Do you know how favorable Texas' castle doctrine is to gun owners?

I already have a sign warning would-be burglars that we are hella armed and will shoot first and ask questions later. Had it for years.

Just because your house has no valuable goodies in it does not mean someone will not come looking.

Challenge ACCEPTED!!!

You got it pal

Nothing to steal in my house. Your guns will fetch a pretty penny. You don’t think anyone will break into your house while you are there do you?
I live in Texas, pal. Do you know how favorable Texas' castle doctrine is to gun owners?

I already have a sign warning would-be burglars that we are hella armed and will shoot first and ask questions later. Had it for years.

Just because your house has no valuable goodies in it does not mean someone will not come looking.

You think anyone is dumb enough to rob your house while you are there?
Castle doctrine only works when you are in the castle

Buy a gun, yes.

All the women in my family are armed and carry daily.

There is no better equalizer than a firearm.

You don't need to be heavily armed if you think your government has your best interests in mind. Most of us don't believe they do, so we are prepared.

I did not believe that government had my best interests in mind when trump was in charge, though I had better faith that this was true before the trump administration and, now, I have better faith now that Biden is in charge. It's been a long while since I was a teenager and in my 20's, but should I have shot people who pushed me into walls and shoved their tongues down my throat or bit my ass through jeans and underwear, leaving a bruise? There would have been several very dead young white men.

If a person decides that she wants or needs an abortion, should she come armed? Same question if she becomes romantically involved with someone who is physically abusive. Same question if a black or brown person is approached.

Buy a gun, yes.

You don't need to be heavily armed if you think your government has your best interests in mind. Most of us don't believe they do, so we are prepared.

I did not believe that government had my best interests in mind when trump was in charge, though I had better faith that this was true before the trump administration and, now, I have better faith now that Biden is in charge. It's been a long while since I was a teenager and in my 20's, but should I have shot people who pushed me into walls and shoved their tongues down my throat or bit my ass through jeans and underwear, leaving a bruise? There would have been several very dead young white men.

If a person decides that she wants or needs an abortion, should she come armed? Same question if she becomes romantically involved with someone who is physically abusive. Same question if a black or brown person is approached.
I guess I don't quite understand your question.

Did you feel like your life was in danger at any of those times?

A person going for an abortion may feel threatened by anti-abortion terrorists, so why not?

If one is romantically involved with another person who becomes physically abusive, yes, deadly force may be necessary. I have seen far too many women put up with unspeakable physical abuse with no way to escape.

Does that answer your question? What exactly are you getting at?

People who were usually busy being productive members of society were suddenly unemployed via government edict. And many got more unemployment pay than they made when they were working.

So they buy fireworks and other things that go boom to alleviate the boredom.

People are not getting more unemployment pay then when working.
The unemployment checks are less than half, and there has only been one stimulus check so far.
And unemployment ran out for most people back in August.

Am I the only one here who would definitely not shoot a girl if she shoved her tongue down my throat or bit my ass through my pants?

I must be weird or something. :auiqs.jpg:

Heavily, no.

Yes

Different situations. I refused the derringer when I was in my thirties. Being slammed against walls was teenage and 20s in college. Many people have finally told their stories in the age of @MeToo. Should a girl or woman being subjected to such behavior just shoot the guy doing it? There will be a lot of dead bodies.

Heavily, no.

Yes

Different situations. I refused the derringer when I was in my thirties. Being slammed against walls was teenage and 20s in college. Many people have finally told their stories in the age of @MeToo. Should a girl or woman being subjected to such behavior just shoot the guy doing it? There will be a lot of dead bodies.
Again, your question reeks of a lack of understanding.

Deadly force is available to stop rape.

But, a show of force is often enough. Just pull the gun on those motherfuckers and they back way.

It's not an all-or-nothing proposition.

Heavily, no.

Yes

In all honesty, you sound like one of those people who probably shouldn't carry a weapon. Sorry for the bad treatment you received in your past, but deeply-seated emotional grudges are probably not the best reason to carry something that could immediately snuff out another person's life.

Although you're probably not an "asshole" per se, you do forfeit your right to be one when you carry a weapon.

That's just my two cents worth.

Heavily, no.

Yes

I’ve yet to see any anti gun nut put a sign outside their home saying this house is gun free.
They like hiding behind us gun owners.

View attachment 452922

I‘ll tell you what

I don’t really have anything easy to market once stollen. Guns are a quick sale

I'll tell you what.

Let's see how easy it is to steal a 350-pound gun safe that's bolted to the floor and the wall.

You sound like you're planning a robbery or something. I'm just sayin', man.

Stand your ground!

Buy a gun, yes.

A person going for an abortion may feel threatened by anti-abortion terrorists, so why not?

If one is romantically involved with another person who becomes physically abusive, yes, deadly force may be necessary. I have seen far too many women put up with unspeakable physical abuse with no way to escape.

The question is under what circumstances does a person feel that s/he is physically threatened, such that killing the person is necessary. In my post, I pointed to situations in which a person actually put his hands on my body, which obviously would merit a response by me, including the use of a firearm,. According to the right-wingers, the judgment does not center on whether s/he fears that their life is in danger'; rather it is whether the person came too close.

Buy a gun, yes.

The question is under what circumstances does a person feel that s/he is physically threatened, such that killing the person is necessary. In my post, I pointed to situations in which a person actually put his hands on my body, which obviously would merit a response by me, including the use of a firearm,. According to the right-wingers, the judgment does not center on whether s/he fears that their life is in danger'; rather it is whether the person came too close.
Killing? When death or serious bodily injury appears imminent, one is justified in using force that is likely to result in serious bodily injury or death to the assailant.

That's it.

In Texas, a person is now justified in using a show of deadly force to stop any assault. In other words, in your situation, you would have been justified in pulling a gun on the individuals assaulting you. When they step it up a notch and try to take your gun from you, you can assume they will kill you and fire away.

Get it?

You may think you are making a point here, but you're not.

Heavily, no.

Yes

In all honesty, you sound like one of those people who probably shouldn't carry a weapon. Sorry for the bad treatment you received in your past, but deeply-seated emotional grudges are probably not the best reason to carry something that could immediately snuff out another person's life.

Although you're probably not an "asshole" per se, you do forfeit your right to be one when you carry a weapon.

People who insist on carrying something that could immediately snuff out another person's life ARE people who carry deeply-seated emotional grudges. You people seem to think think that I should have shot and killed these people who assaulted me. I didn't kill them.

Heavily, no.

Yes

People who insist on carrying something that could immediately snuff out another person's life ARE people who carry deeply-seated emotional grudges. You people seem to think think that I should have shot and killed these people who assaulted me. I didn't kill them.
Oh, for a minute I thought you were willing to have a rational discussion.

Does that include cops, FBI agents, and the military?

Let me say this again: WE DO NOT THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE SHOT AND KILLED ANYONE NOT PRESENTING A DEADLY THREAT.
WE DO NOT THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE SHOT AND KILLED ANYONE NOT PRESENTING A DEADLY THREAT.
WE DO NOT THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE SHOT AND KILLED ANYONE NOT PRESENTING A DEADLY THREAT.

(fucking dumbass)

Heavily, no.

Yes

When did I ever say that? I did state that I didn't think it was a shooting offense if some random girl stuck her tongue down my throat or bit me on the butt, didn't I?

Soldiers carry weapons, don't they? So do they have "deeply-seated emotional grudges"?

How about law-enforcement officers? They carry weapons too. Should I be afraid of one when I see one?

Incidentally, law-enforcement officers carry weapons to protect themselves, not you or I. There is no constitutional duty to protect, as was ruled by the SC.

Forum List

Back