The new burger chef makes $3 an hour and never goes home

And here we're told off shoring is a problem. I see robot mechanics have a bright future.
Yep, and guess what "Mechanics" or maintenance workers don't come cheap, so they might be cutting off their hand to spite their face. LOL. Hidden cost in everything, and if try to crap on maintenance or mechanics, well they might just unionize against you, and then what ??? Yeah go on and open up that door, yeah just do it. Rotflmbo.

I do hate them getting my order wrong though.

Actually they will be designed to make everything one way only, so yes, they will always get your order correct, since it will be exactly like every other order. And, it will be programmed by an Indian living in a shipping container in Bombay.

The WSJ ran a recent article on how this stuff is now going after the white collar jobs as well, turns out they're expendable, too. Soon, when the elites have automated all their needs and no longer need humans, all the 'social Darwinists' who assure us they're wonderful hard workers n stuff can join with the rest of those uppity worthless proles fighting over tree bark or cardboard boxes or something for their next meal.

Don't be silly. One or two lines of code tells it whether to drop a pickle on the bun or not. Most middle schoolers could write the code for pickles or no pickles.

Entry level jobs are just that... One of the biggest problems is getting people to fill those positions... Large majority of people thing they are to good for entry level positions... So paying someone $15.00 to ask if you want "fries" with that is not the solution to the whole problem...

And here we're told off shoring is a problem. I see robot mechanics have a bright future.
Yep, and guess what "Mechanics" or maintenance workers don't come cheap, so they might be cutting off their hand to spite their face. LOL. Hidden cost in everything, and if try to crap on maintenance or mechanics, well they might just unionize against you, and then what ??? Yeah go on and open up that door, yeah just do it. Rotflmbo.

Actually they will be designed to make everything one way only, so yes, they will always get your order correct, since it will be exactly like every other order. And, it will be programmed by an Indian living in a shipping container in Bombay.

The WSJ ran a recent article on how this stuff is now going after the white collar jobs as well, turns out they're expendable, too. Soon, when the elites have automated all their needs and no longer need humans, all the 'social Darwinists' who assure us they're wonderful hard workers n stuff can join with the rest of those uppity worthless proles fighting over tree bark or cardboard boxes or something for their next meal.

Don't be silly. One or two lines of code tells it whether to drop a pickle on the bun or not. Most middle schoolers could write the code for pickles or no pickles.
Oh that's all there is to the entire process and machine ? Ok ,so cleaning, maintenance, adjustments, reprogramming when power glitches, hacks, and various other problems are just something a middle schooler can handle all by his or her lonesome eh ?

Yeah it will maybe cut down on number of employee's sure, but I wouldn't be so sure about how much it will cut down on overall cost yet. I bet everything is over rated and half sales pitch until the units get a little age on them, then comes the upgrades etc.

Entry level jobs are just that... One of the biggest problems is getting people to fill those positions... Large majority of people thing they are to good for entry level positions... So paying someone $15.00 to ask if you want "fries" with that is not the solution to the whole problem...
Problem, is everyone telling their kids or someone else's kids that what their parents did or those that came before them was stupid and idiotic, and that they didn't know shite from shinola. What we have is a huge dysfunctional nation anymore, and it's getting worse.

Oh that's all there is to the entire process and machine ? Ok ,so cleaning, maintenance, adjustments, reprogramming when power glitches, hacks, and various other problems are just something a middle schooler can handle all by his or her lonesome eh ?

Yeah it will maybe cut down on number of employee's sure, but I wouldn't be so sure about how much it will cut down on overall cost yet. I bet everything is over rated and half sales pitch until the units get a little age on them, then comes the upgrades etc.

If you think my remark is the same as the diatribe you listed, then you have severe comprehension problems. You said all hamburgers would by necessity be exactly the same with no possibility of personalized cchoices. That is just not the case.

If you think my remark is the same as the diatribe you listed, then you have severe comprehension problems. You said all hamburgers would by necessity be exactly the same with no possibility of personalized cchoices. That is just not the case.
I said all hamburgers would be the same ??? Now who has the comprehension problem ? That be you bull puppy.

I said all hamburgers would be the same ??? Now who has the comprehension problem ? That be you bull puppy.

My mistake. I was responding to Picaro who said they would all be made the same. My answer to you still applies because I was only referencing the programming required for customized product, and you are the one who added all the other aspects.

My mistake. I was responding to Picaro who said they would all be made the same. My answer to you still applies because I was only referencing the programming required for customized product, and you are the one who added all the other aspects.
Well don't do it again... Rotflmbo.

Yes, that was my point. Maybe you should just keep smoking a lot of that legal pot that was the center of the Left's entire lives and avoid trying to think.

the idiot actually beleives these businesses will be giving people choices in what they will eat. Like McDonald's has always done, they will train their mindless dumbass customers to 'like' what they're told to like, and their orders will be limited to what will make the most money for the company.

True. The only practical solution is to kill them all. We can have government vans back up to schools whose graduates don't have jobs lined up, and same for companies planning layoffs, that sort of thing, and just gas them on the way to a body dump. That way, all the Social Darwinists won't have to deal with those uppity assholes with no economic value. But, sooner or later that category includes everybody ... If they won't work 16 hour days 7days a week for 15 cents an hour, what good are they?

Right, and that's what I've been saying in other threads. If the cost of domestic labor is too high, it won't matter if you somehow try and ban offshoring. If you can't make a profit, then you are not going to make it domestically with local labor.

In this case, you can't offshore food service, but you most certainly can replace expensive minimum wage, or union labor, with a robot.

Well that's true. Robot labor is not preferred over human labor. But staying in business is also preferred over bankruptcy.

Robot labor sucks in many ways. It can only do what it is programmed to do. You can't say "do it this way now", and have all the robots instantly change how they do their work. Humans can.

Equally, when a human it's a cut, it does not take a week to replace that human, or even for that specific human to get back to work. A robot can take weeks to get back online.

However.... again... if you can't profitably hire a human to flip a burger over... then it doesn't matter how much the robot repair guy costs.... doesn't matter at all, because if you can't afford to profitably hire a human, then it's either robot, or closed business.

That's the problem. As long as we keep pushing higher taxes, and health care mandates, and government regulations on labor, and minimum wage laws, and employee benefit laws, and making it hard to fire crappy employees... the robot will eventually replace the human.

That's not the companies fault. That's government / unions and their activists fault.

Good. That will teach those uppity humans to demand more than the 25 cents an hour Wall Street pays it's Red Chinese slave labor.

Any news on how much this bot spends on goods from other businesses? I bet it's a lot!!!
Greed is a terrible thing, but we see it coming on stronger and stronger. Then we see people complaining about not having laborers to come help them in their yards and homes after they get off work from McDonald's ext. Rotflmbo

Again... it's not a matter of "greed". Would you work a job that sent you into bankruptcy? No you would not. Even if doing that job, created jobs for other people. So you must be greedy for not destroying yourself and your family for the good of other people?

Of course not. Well, companies are no different. If you are faced with closing stores, or having robots, they'll have robots. That's not greed. That is economic reality.

And honestly, if they refused to use robots, and those stores all closed... all those people would still lose their jobs either way, and now you won't have any stores to go to.

Which is worse? Stores with robots, or no stores? Greed has nothing to do with it. That's an excuse by people who have never run a business.

Well that's true. Robot labor is not preferred over human labor. But staying in business is also preferred over bankruptcy.

Robot labor sucks in many ways. It can only do what it is programmed to do. You can't say "do it this way now", and have all the robots instantly change how they do their work. Humans can.

Equally, when a human it's a cut, it does not take a week to replace that human, or even for that specific human to get back to work. A robot can take weeks to get back online.

However.... again... if you can't profitably hire a human to flip a burger over... then it doesn't matter how much the robot repair guy costs.... doesn't matter at all, because if you can't afford to profitably hire a human, then it's either robot, or closed business.

That's the problem. As long as we keep pushing higher taxes, and health care mandates, and government regulations on labor, and minimum wage laws, and employee benefit laws, and making it hard to fire crappy employees... the robot will eventually replace the human.

That's not the companies fault. That's government / unions and their activists fault.
But, the left thinks that what it's attempting to tap into, uh is that abundance of hidden wealth that the business owners are reeping, and then storing away in barns. They figure that it's a lie that these companies are going broke, but rather it's quite the opposite. They aren't sharing in the spoils properly, so they want them to share by force of regulatory actions against them for not being responsible citizens in society, otherwise instead they are raping society that depends somewhat upon them to be decent human beings, and not instead a cold hearted robot.

True. The only practical solution is to kill them all. We can have government vans back up to schools whose graduates don't have jobs lined up, and same for companies planning layoffs, that sort of thing, and just gas them on the way to a body dump. That way, all the Social Darwinists won't have to deal with those uppity assholes with no economic value. But, sooner or later that category includes everybody ... If they won't work 16 hour days 7days a week for 15 cents an hour, what good are they?

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Many people get work experience, with low wages, that benefits them later in life.

Again, as the prior poster said, an entry level job is just that.

I worked at an auto parts store. There was a guy there that started off stocking shelves for $5.25/hour. He worked his way up into management, passed the company management course, and now is a store manager last I checked. He went from minimum wage, to now earning $60K a year.

But the problem we're pointing out, is that it was that entry level wage, that allowed him to move up. If you had raised the minimum wage to $15 or whatever other ridiculous number you want, to have someone doing the intense job of putting bottles of car wax and glass cleaner on a shelf..... they would have likely laid off a number of people, and simply had the cashier stock shelves instead.

He never would have had the job, never would have gotten the experience, never been promoted, and never passed the company management classes, and never been a store manager making $60K a year, plus profit sharing bonus.

That's the problem. You can't pay people a middle class income to stock a shelf. You can't pay people a middle class income to flip a burger over. You can't pay people a middle class income to say "Do you want fries with that?".

Raising wages on what is zero skill jobs, only serves to eliminate those jobs, and knock people off the income ladder, so they stay poor.

Venezuela did this. This is why unemployment was so high, after they raised the minimum wage. This is also what Greece suffered too. They had a minimum wage indexed to inflation, and every year the minimum wage went up, and every year unemployment went up. Not shock for those of us on the right, who understand how economics works.

But, the left thinks that what it's attempting to tap into, uh is that abundance of hidden wealth that the business owners are reeping, and then storing away in barns. They figure that it's a lie that these companies are going broke, but rather it's quite the opposite. They aren't sharing in the spoils properly, so they want them to share by force of regulatory actions against them for not being responsible citizens in society, otherwise instead they are raping society that depends somewhat upon them to be decent human beings, and not instead a cold hearted robot.

yeah no kidding. The left really doesn't care about the poor, they just hate the rich. And as long as the rich are getting rich, then they want to do everything in their power to pass laws that harm this.

They will do anything to damage the rich, no matter how many poor are left to suffer.

Good. That will teach those uppity humans to demand more than the 25 cents an hour Wall Street pays it's Red Chinese slave labor.

Any news on how much this bot spends on goods from other businesses? I bet it's a lot!!!
Greed is a terrible thing, but we see it coming on stronger and stronger. Then we see people complaining about not having laborers to come help them in their yards and homes after they get off work from McDonald's ext. Rotflmbo

Again... it's not a matter of "greed". Would you work a job that sent you into bankruptcy? No you would not. Even if doing that job, created jobs for other people. So you must be greedy for not destroying yourself and your family for the good of other people?

Of course not. Well, companies are no different. If you are faced with closing stores, or having robots, they'll have robots. That's not greed. That is economic reality.

And honestly, if they refused to use robots, and those stores all closed... all those people would still lose their jobs either way, and now you won't have any stores to go to.

Which is worse? Stores with robots, or no stores? Greed has nothing to do with it. That's an excuse by people who have never run a business.
I don't know Andy, people aren't as dumb as people think. They do their homework. The thing is that we are seeing very bad labor practices that doesn't warrant raises and perks, but rather should be drawing seperation papers instead. So when labor and the Democrat unionize against businesses it creates huge problems, and it forces buisneses to declare war if they can't off-load the bad employee's before giving raises and perks in the process. You know good and well that if a company has great employee's, service, quality, standards, and etc, then you like me are going to frequent the place, and the company is going to reep the benefits of it all.

the idiot actually beleives these businesses will be giving people choices in what they will eat. Like McDonald's has always done, they will train their mindless dumbass customers to 'like' what they're told to like, and their orders will be limited to what will make the most money for the company.

Well first off, that makes no sense. If the companies limited their offering to only what makes the most money for the company..... then logically every single store on the face of the Earth should have only one option for everything.

The only drink you can buy, is the extra large pepsi. Last i checked the cost for any restaurant to serve pepsi is cheaper than coke.

And only the Triple stack burger is the only option, with the extra large fries.

Every menu, at every store, should only have three items.

So this idea that somehow, stores are only going to give you the most profitable items, is ridiculous.

And further, if McDonalds, or any company, could somehow 'train their customers'... first no company would ever go out of business.... second, McDonald's has a long list of total flops. Why didn't they just "train their customers" when they offered that nasty pizza they served? Or the seaweed sandwich they had the McLean, or the patriot shake, or that disgusting hotdog they served, or the McStuffin which was a terrible Hot Pocket type thing, and a number of other horrid failures.

Come on.... give me a break.

Forum List

Back