The new burger chef makes $3 an hour and never goes home

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
When I was reading this article I was thinking that these things, unlike humans, might even get your order right. Imagine that. When I used to eat this kind of stuff they hardly ever got my order right. I always said, hey, no pickles, because I hate pickles, but they always put pickles on it anyway. It was like talking to the wall.

Anyway...

Miso can offer Flippys to fast-food restaurant owners for an estimated $2,000 per month on a subscription basis, breaking down to about $3 per hour. (The actual cost will depend on customers’ specific needs). A human doing the same job costs $4,000 to $10,000 or more a month, depending on a restaurant’s hours and the local minimum wage. And robots never call in sick.

So far, early versions of Flippy have put in time on the line at Dodger Stadium and at locations of CaliBurger, a small quick-serve chain that Jordan says also functions as “a restaurant tech incubator masquerading as a burger joint” (Cali Group, CaliBurger’s parent company, is the parent company of Miso Robotics as well as two other restaurant industry start-ups.) The next version of the robot will use the new, cheaper arms and be mounted on an overhead rail to conserve floor space in tight kitchens...

...Flippy is poised to become a regular part of fast-food kitchens across the country in the next year, especially in markets with higher labor and real estate costs like California.

Continued - The new burger chef makes $3 an hour and never goes home

I didn't need a subscription to read the Los Angeles Times article.

And the Breitbart article you linked is completely framed differently. Looks like the author snipped the LATimes article and added her own politicized twist to it.

But whuheva.

Wow. I really sort of thought society would kind of stop eating this shit, and make this type of restaurant obsolete before something like this actually became a reality.

Interesting.

I didn't need a subscription to read the Los Angeles Times article.

And the Breitbart article you linked is completely framed differently. Looks like the author snipped the LATimes article and added her own politicized twist to it.

But whuheva.

I have an AD Blocker and was not able to read from your link... Would you like me to delete the post?

th

I guess someone is going to have to clean and polish those nooks and crannies after hours.

*****SMILE*****

:)

I have an AD Blocker and was not able to read from your link... Would you like me to delete the post?

No, I don't want you to delete your post. You can post what you want. I was just saying I didn't need a subscription to read the link in the op.

And here we're told off shoring is a problem. I see robot mechanics have a bright future.

No, I don't want you to delete your post. You can post what you want. I was just saying I didn't need a subscription to read the link in the op.

Thanks I probably wouldn't have liked the political twist of the LA Times anyway...

When I was reading this article I was thinking that these things, unlike humans, might even get your order right. Imagine that. When I used to eat this kind of stuff they hardly ever got my order right. I always said, hey, no pickles, because I hate pickles, but they always put pickles on it anyway. It was like talking to the wall.

Anyway...

Miso can offer Flippys to fast-food restaurant owners for an estimated $2,000 per month on a subscription basis, breaking down to about $3 per hour. (The actual cost will depend on customers’ specific needs). A human doing the same job costs $4,000 to $10,000 or more a month, depending on a restaurant’s hours and the local minimum wage. And robots never call in sick.

So far, early versions of Flippy have put in time on the line at Dodger Stadium and at locations of CaliBurger, a small quick-serve chain that Jordan says also functions as “a restaurant tech incubator masquerading as a burger joint” (Cali Group, CaliBurger’s parent company, is the parent company of Miso Robotics as well as two other restaurant industry start-ups.) The next version of the robot will use the new, cheaper arms and be mounted on an overhead rail to conserve floor space in tight kitchens...

...Flippy is poised to become a regular part of fast-food kitchens across the country in the next year, especially in markets with higher labor and real estate costs like California.

Continued - The new burger chef makes $3 an hour and never goes home

Automation is not something new.

Automation is not something new.

Yes, I know. We even have robot judges now.

But three bucks an hour for modern labor is. And they don't call out of work or feel like they're all special and stuff either?

And here we're told off shoring is a problem. I see robot mechanics have a bright future.
Yep, and guess what "Mechanics" or maintenance workers don't come cheap, so they might be cutting off their hand to spite their face. LOL. Hidden cost in everything, and if try to crap on maintenance or mechanics, well they might just unionize against you, and then what ??? Yeah go on and open up that door, yeah just do it. Rotflmbo.

I do hate them getting my order wrong though.

Good. That will teach those uppity humans to demand more than the 25 cents an hour Wall Street pays it's Red Chinese slave labor.

Any news on how much this bot spends on goods from other businesses? I bet it's a lot!!!

Yep, and guess what "Mechanics" or maintenance workers don't come cheap, so they might be cutting off their hand to spite their face. LOL. Hidden cost in everything, and if try to crap on maintenance or mechanics, well they might just unionize against you, and then what ??? Yeah go on and open up that door, yeah just do it. Rotflmbo.

Actually they will be designed to make everything one way only, so yes, they will always get your order correct, since it will be exactly like every other order. And, it will be programmed by an Indian living in a shipping container in Bombay.

The WSJ ran a recent article on how this stuff is now going after the white collar jobs as well, turns out they're expendable, too. Soon, when the elites have automated all their needs and no longer need humans, all the 'social Darwinists' who assure us they're wonderful hard workers n stuff can join with the rest of those uppity worthless proles fighting over tree bark or cardboard boxes or something for their next meal.

Last edited:
Good. That will teach those uppity humans to demand more than the 25 cents an hour Wall Street pays it's Red Chinese slave labor.

Any news on how much this bot spends on goods from other businesses? I bet it's a lot!!!
Greed is a terrible thing, but we see it coming on stronger and stronger. Then we see people complaining about not having laborers to come help them in their yards and homes after they get off work from McDonald's ext. Rotflmbo

Actually they will be designed to make everything one way only, so yes, they will always get your order correct, since it will be exactly like every other order. And, it will be programmed by an Indian living in a shipping container in Bombay.
Or right out back of the resteraunt, not in plain view of course. Rotflmbo.

Forum List

Back