The National Interest: What’s Really Wrong With White Teachers? They’re Racist

squeeze berry

Gold Member
Nov 9, 2010
virginia
http://www.theroot.com/the-national-interest-what-s-really-wrong-with-white-t-1794671362

yep, it always be de raciss white teecha's fault

teachers must justify their decisions with documentation. Need to protect themselves from the ghetto lottery. The " National Interest" is a misnomer.

But what about inner city schools that are failing? is it the black racist teacher's fault?

what about the achievement and discipline gaps that are pervasive everywhere?

Do people in foreign countries understand what we are dealing with? When in doubt, blame whitey for their failures

Racism and its manifestations are horrible things, things well deserving of our cultural and individual scorn. That said, it doesn't make racism, bigotry, and discrimination the causes of everything that goes wrong and that may involve a person who is indeed a racist. Sometimes racism is the cause and sometimes it's not.

I know full well that my second cousin on Dad's side is a dyed in the wool racist. I know too that her being so has nothing to do with why "Little Johnny" can't quite master, remember how to, make sense of, "whatever" the correlation between the Pythagorean Theorem and the Cosine Rule, a^2 = b^2 + c^2 − 2b ccosA.

Do people in foreign countries understand what we are dealing with?
Few nations have racism of the nature we have in the U.S. Most nations have negative and absurd "isms" of one sort or another, but only a few have the sort that bases itself primarily on skin color.

Few nations have racism of the nature we have in the U.S. Most nations have negative and absurd "isms" of one sort or another, but only a few have the sort that bases itself primarily on skin color.

It's not skin color, but behavior, whether actual or perceived.

It's not skin color, but behavior, whether actual or perceived.
Behavior is not a race-intrinsic trait. It's a, well, behavioral trait, that is, it's about what one does, not what one is. Discrimination based on behavior is not racism, it's "behaviorism." One specific example of that is called "elitism."

That is not at all true. In fact, just that sort of thing is much more blatant in most places.

That is not at all true. In fact, just that sort of thing is much more blatant in most places.

Maybe so, but that sure doesn't align with my experience or observations. Having lived for months on end in a variety of Asian and European countries, I only discovered the nature of their "isms" by actively asking about them. In many of those countries the irrational "isms" are ethnically, nationality, or religiously based, in large part because all the parties involved are of the skin color. For example:
  • Arab Jews vs. Arab Muslims -- They don't look different.
  • Japanese vs Korean -- I can sometimes distinguish Chinese from Koreans and Japanese, but Koreans and Japanese look alike as far as I can tell. Some members of both societies claim to be able to tell, others don't.
  • Serbs vs. Croats -- They don't look different at all.
  • Irish Protestants vs. Irish Catholics -- If one doesn't know where, how or when, "something" about one's worship practices, there is no way to tell.
  • French vs. English -- If they don't speak, one cannot tell them apart.
  • Turks vs. Greeks -- Again, just looking at European members of both societies, there's not blatantly apparent difference that'd tell one which is which.
Contrast that with American racism. In many instances, from 100 yards away, a racist can tell a black person from a white one and thus know toward which they'll direct their disdain.

P.S./Edit:
From my time in the PRC, those people, though they have their "Han vs. non-Han thing," (Hans are ~95% of the population),.aside from that, they strike me as being about the most non-racist people I've ever met. There are cultural things Chinese people do and measured against a Western paradigm, may seem racist. For example, may middle and upper class Chinese women carry umbrellas to avoid tanning. You and I both know what that sounds like to our American ears. Turns out, it's an elitist thing, not a racist thing. Very fair skin means one isn't a peasant farmer, which is about the very bottom of the social and economic ladders.

Last edited:

Maybe so, but that sure doesn't align with my experience or observations. Having lived for months on end in a variety of Asian and European countries, I only discovered the nature of their "isms" by actively asking about them. In many of those countries the irrational "isms" are ethnically, nationality, or religiously based, in large part because all the parties involved are of the skin color. For example:
  • Japanese vs Korean -- I can sometimes distinguish Chinese from Koreans and Japanese, but Koreans and Japanese look alike as far as I can tell. Some members of both societies claim to be able to tell, others don't.
  • Irish Protestants vs. Irish Catholics -- If one doesn't know where, how or when, "something" about one's worship practices, there is no way to tell.
  • Turks vs. Greeks -- Again, just looking at European members of both societies, there's not blatantly apparent difference that'd tell one which is which.
Contrast that with American racism. In many instances, from 100 yards away, a racist can tell a black person from a white one and thus know toward which they'll direct their disdain.

thanks for your double standards btw

THis is the first I have heard of this data, ie that black students to better with black teachers.

My first response was to dismiss it as complete bullshit.

BUT, then several possible mechanisms that such an effect could be caused by.

Is anyone aware of any credible sources making that claim?

THis is the first I have heard of this data, ie that black students to better with black teachers.

the bell curve
arthur jensen
the coleman report

you know where I'm headed?

the bell curve
arthur jensen
the coleman report

you know where I'm headed?

Oh, sure. But that is not reason to just write them all off.

And ask yourself, do you really find it hard to believe that the lefty education industry is doing a crappy job?

P.S./Edit:
From my time in the PRC, those people, though they have their "Han vs. non-Han thing," (Hans are ~95% of the population),.aside from that, they strike me as being about the most non-racist people I've ever met. There are cultural things Chinese people do and measured against a Western paradigm, may seem racist. For example, may middle and upper class Chinese women carry umbrellas to avoid tanning. You and I both know what that sounds like to our American ears. Turns out, it's an elitist thing, not a racist thing. Very fair skin means one isn't a peasant farmer, which is about the very bottom of the social and economic ladders.

You see what you did there?

Forum List

Back