The Myth of ‘the Southern Strategy’

Exactly, they are so ashamed and embarrassed of their own party and it's evil past.

There is no reasoning with PC or the Bear. In fact the Right Wing is mostly composed of greedy, selfish, callous, willfully ignorant, mendacious jerks.

In the case of the author of this thread, those character flaws are her(?) best attributes.

So tell me Einstein who were the other two Dixiecrats to switch party's besides Strom Thurmond, I know do you?

You really don't know US History, where do you come from?

It wasn't until after the 1964 election, and the passage of the Civil Rights Acts that the exodus from the Democratic party occurred when the white segregationists joined the Republican Party.

Why do you continue to lie?

This really blows your myth right out of the water doesn't it?

In the 1964 civil rights act, Republicans in the house voted 138 for and 34 against; Democrats voted 152 for and 96 against. In the Senate, the Republicans voted 27 for and 6 against; the Democrats voted 46 for and 21 against. Clearly, from these numbers, there was no apparent anti-Civil Rights movement in the GOP as Roland Martin, and others, suggest.

The sons and daughters of Sorel don't care about truth.

Georges Eugène Sorel (2 November 1847 in Cherbourg – 29 August 1922 in Boulogne-sur-Seine) was a French philosopher and theorist of revolutionary syndicalism. His notion of the power of myth in people's lives inspired Marxists and Fascists, it is, together with his defense of violence, the contribution for which he is most often remembered. Georges Sorel - Wikipedia

"His identification of the need for a deliberately-conceived "myth" to sway crowds into concerted action was put to use by the Fascist and Communist movements of the 1920s and after. " Georges Sorel
http://www.newschool.edu/nssr/het/profiles/sorel.htm

The Southern Strategy is just that sort of myth.

Look at the ones who believe it: Marxists and Fascists....Democrats.

I'm not sure if you are an idiot, a fascist or, a loser so needy for attention (of course you maybe all 3).

There is no reasoning with PC or the Bear. In fact the Right Wing is mostly composed of greedy, selfish, callous, willfully ignorant, mendacious jerks.

In the case of the author of this thread, those character flaws are her(?) best attributes.

So tell me Einstein who were the other two Dixiecrats to switch party's besides Strom Thurmond, I know do you?

It wasn't until after the 1964 election, and the passage of the Civil Rights Acts that the exodus from the Democratic party occurred when the white segregationists joined the Republican Party.

In the 1964 civil rights act, Republicans in the house voted 138 for and 34 against; Democrats voted 152 for and 96 against. In the Senate, the Republicans voted 27 for and 6 against; the Democrats voted 46 for and 21 against. Clearly, from these numbers, there was no apparent anti-Civil Rights movement in the GOP as Roland Martin, and others, suggest.

Georges Eugène Sorel (2 November 1847 in Cherbourg – 29 August 1922 in Boulogne-sur-Seine) was a French philosopher and theorist of revolutionary syndicalism. His notion of the power of myth in people's lives inspired Marxists and Fascists, it is, together with his defense of violence, the contribution for which he is most often remembered. Georges Sorel - Wikipedia

"His identification of the need for a deliberately-conceived "myth" to sway crowds into concerted action was put to use by the Fascist and Communist movements of the 1920s and after. " Georges Sorel

I'm not sure if you are an idiot, a fascist or, a loser so needy for attention (of course you maybe all 3).

The sort of one would expect from a loser who has been totally embarrassed by the truth.

As concerned as I am about your health, I must ask:
Have you gone for your annual worming?

Democrat......don' need no stinkin' facts!

Exactly, they are so ashamed and embarrassed of their own party and it's evil past.

Who is fucking lying, once again name me the ones who switched party's?

I know do you...

Dixiecrat list:
  1. Orval Fabus
  2. Benjamin Travis Laney
  3. John Stennis
  4. James Eastland
  5. Allen Ellender
  6. Russell Long
  7. John Sparkman
  8. John McClellan
  9. Richard Russell
  10. Herman Talmadge
  11. George Wallace
  12. Lester Maddox
  13. John Rarick
  14. Robert Byrd
  15. Al Gore, Sr.
  16. Bull Connor
  17. Strom Thurmon
  18. Jesse Helms
  19. Mills Godwin

And Nice List. guess who Faubus, as governor of Arkansas voted for president in 1964 and what his reason he gave was. That's right, a Republican. And then decided not to run for another term, supporting James Johnson as his successor (Johnson became a Republican).

That's the first one on your list. That is your defense? The guy who went from Staunch conservative Democrat to Staunch Conservative Republican voter, then supported a guy who turned Republican?

Then you have Laney. Who campaigned his pro-segregation stance vs. the more liberal McMath who was anti-segregation. Laney lost and then after being out of office as a Democrat, switched to be a Dixiecrat.

John Stennis. The Democrat who when he was pissed at Truman for not opposing civil rights pushed for Eisenhower instead.

Hmmm, are you trying to make the point of the switch for me? You are doing an exceptional job with history backing those people.

LMFAO I read his link all they could name was One Dixie who switched party's not the other Two.

I've been wondering the same thing about her. That poster tries to maintain it likes the truth, but when countered with historical fact, disappears, changes the subject, or tries to add lies on lies.

I've been wondering the same thing about her. That poster tries to maintain it likes the truth, but when countered with historical fact, disappears, changes the subject, or tries to add lies on lies.

Everything I post is documented, sourced and linked.

Every reader can tell which of us is the liar.

Yea sure. I have better things to do than to continue to expose you as a fraud. You can fool some of the people, most of the time; but not all of the people at any time.

The former will believe anything they are told by demagogues and charlatans (such as you); the latter will never believe anything you post.

Last edited:

Yea sure. I have better things to do than to continue to expose you as a fraud. You can fool some of the people, all of the time; but not all of the people at any time.

Every reader can tell which of us is the fraud.

Why can't you just admit you are spreading a propaganda myth?

If your not please tell us who switched party's?

Yea sure. I have better things to do than to continue to expose you as a fraud. You can fool some of the people, most of the time; but not all of the people at any time.

The former will believe anything they are told by demagogues and charlatans (such as you); the latter will never believe anything you post.

You are not exposing anything except your own ignorance...

12. “[W]hile the Deep South voted for Goldwater in 1964, the Democrats still carried a whopping 90 of 106 congressional districts in Dixie in 1964. In fact, the big breakthrough for the GOP in the House did not come until 1994. Prior to that, the Democrats could count on better than 3/5ths of the Southern congressional districts.

As late as 2010, there were still states like Alabama and North Carolina that were voting in their first Republican legislative majorities since Reconstruction – something that would have happened overnight in the late 60s if the partisan realignment had been driven by lockstep white voting loyalties on racial lines.

Nixon made more symbolic than substantive accommodations to white Southerners. He enforced the Civil Rights Act and extended the Voting Rights Act. On school desegregation, he had to be prodded by the courts in some ways but went further than them in others: He supervised a desegregation of Deep South schools that had eluded his predecessors and then denied tax-exempt status to many private “desegregation academies” to which white Southerners tried to flee. Nixon also institutionalized affirmative action and set-asides for minorities in federal contracting.”

Meanwhile, the Democratic record is hardly anything to be proud of. The first modern progressive Democrat, Woodrow Wilson, was a horrible racist who did everything in his power to strengthen Jim Crow in the federal government and leave it alone in the states despite his usual preference for expanding federal power

… FDR used more subtle racial appeals to hold white Southerners in his coalition while using economic issues to solidify the transition of black voters to loyal Democrats

…the turn from the LBJ of the 1950s:

“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days, and that’s a problem for us, since they’ve got something now they never had before: the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this – we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”

...to the LBJ of 1965:

President Johnson … informed skeptical southern governors that his plan for the Great Society was “to have them n___ers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years.”

Fundamentally, the Democratic Party’s approach to racial and ethnic politics has not really changed all that much since the 1830s; it’s just calibrated to a different audience.”
The Southern Strategy Myth and the Lost Majority

And don't forget
Rule #2
To know what the Left is guilty of, just watch what they blame the other side of doing.

Damn, back in the 1960's Republicans were sure for the civil rights act. (Except those campaigning as conservatives in the south).

As for the "No apparent Civil rights movement in the GOP... What did the 11 Republican Congressmen in the South vote (hint, it was 11-0 against the civil rights act).

And what did the Republican candidate for the 1964 election say about that Civil rights act and his opinion?

Oh yeah, he was the one George Wallace was trying to run with after feeling that Democrats abandoned those conservative principles.

What about the 1980's and 1990's?

1987 Civil Rights act.

Voted for 242-4 in the House by Dems, 73-94 by republicans, voted 48-0 in the Senate by Dems, 27-14 by Repubs, and attempted to Veto by a Republican President.

Looks like those parties did a 180 huh? I guess that's you proving the switch there!

This is the fun of FACT BASED HISTORY.

While YOU say there was no apparent anti-civil rights movement in the Republican party at the time, we have video evidence here of the Republican Presidential Candidate that year.

Remember, that was the first Republican to win the South. EVER. By campaigning against the Civil Rights act of 1964 and

Which National Convention had these guys welcome and giving their support all of a sudden in 1964 when Democrats introduced the civil rights bill?

View attachment 262853

So you just now posting random pictures of Democrat KKK members?

Who is fucking lying, once again name me the ones who switched party's?

I know do you...

Dixiecrat list:
  1. Orval Fabus
  2. Benjamin Travis Laney
  3. John Stennis
  4. James Eastland
  5. Allen Ellender
  6. Russell Long
  7. John Sparkman
  8. John McClellan
  9. Richard Russell
  10. Herman Talmadge
  11. George Wallace
  12. Lester Maddox
  13. John Rarick
  14. Robert Byrd
  15. Al Gore, Sr.
  16. Bull Connor
  17. Strom Thurmon
  18. Jesse Helms
  19. Mills Godwin

And Nice List. guess who Faubus, as governor of Arkansas voted for president in 1964 and what his reason he gave was. That's right, a Republican. And then decided not to run for another term, supporting James Johnson as his successor (Johnson became a Republican).

That's the first one on your list. That is your defense? The guy who went from Staunch conservative Democrat to Staunch Conservative Republican voter, then supported a guy who turned Republican?

Then you have Laney. Who campaigned his pro-segregation stance vs. the more liberal McMath who was anti-segregation. Laney lost and then after being out of office as a Democrat, switched to be a Dixiecrat.

John Stennis. The Democrat who when he was pissed at Truman for not opposing civil rights pushed for Eisenhower instead.

Hmmm, are you trying to make the point of the switch for me? You are doing an exceptional job with history backing those people.

All that to admit they all remained Democrats for life except 3.

1.Having no way to hide the stain of their history the Democrats, doing what they do best, lie about the other side, as an attempt to mitigate and obfuscate the Democrat record.

We’ve all seen the inveterate ersatz liars, here on the board, claim that there was some sort of reversal of the two parties, the Republican Party, created to fight slavery, and the Democrats, assiduously striving to make certain that racism remains in America, switched views. Never happened.

2.Utter fabrication. It is simply…..
“The Myth of ‘the Southern Strategy’

“Everyone knows that race has long played a decisive role in Southern electoral politics. From the end of Reconstruction until the beginning of the civil rights era, the story goes, the national Democratic Party made room for segregationist members — and as a result dominated the South. But in the 50s and 60s, Democrats embraced the civil rights movement, costing them the white Southern vote. Meanwhile, the Republican Party successfully wooed disaffected white racists with a “Southern strategy” that championed “states’ rights.”

It’s an easy story to believe, but this year two political scientists called it into question.” The Myth of ‘the Southern Strategy’ The Myth of ‘the Southern Strategy’

3. Ownership of mandated government schooling has allowed the lie to persist, and be embedded in the minds of the lazy and the gullible. In actuality, there are may sources of research that would show the very opposite, and indict the Democrat Party as it should.

“…the Democratic record is hardly anything to be proud of. The first modern progressive Democrat, Woodrow Wilson, was a horrible racist who did everything in his power to strengthen Jim Crow in the federal government and leave it alone in the states despite his usual preference for expanding federal power.

…the Democratic Party’s approach to racial and ethnic politics has not really changed all that much since the 1830s; it’s just calibrated to a different audience.” The Southern Strategy Myth and the Lost Majority

4. Our Democrat colleagues, government school grads, are unfortunately illiterate. For a laugh, ask any to name a few books that have informed their views.
They are unaware that Orwell identified them in 1984 as simply accepting government propaganda of which entity with whom they are ‘always’ at war.

“…the ongoing war between the three superstates of Oceania, Eurasia, and Eastasia…
At the start of the book, Oceania is at war with Eurasia. They have always been at war with Eurasia. That's the political consensus, and all historic documents agree. However, Winston Smith (the protagonist) remembers a time five years ago when Oceania was instead at war with Eastasia. Winston Smith struggles with philosophical idea of "truth". Which is more true, what everyone knows and what's in the newspapers, or the memories within his head?”
Errata Security: We've always been at war with Eastasia

The Democrats, since the origin of the nation, have been intensely biased against blacks. Now, an new stratagem designed to accrue votes of other groups....

“White men are now the Democratic Party's punching bag.
…bashing straight white men, especially of the conservative kind, is very fashionable these days. You seemingly can’t escape it — you switch on cable TV, or "The View", read The Washington Post or The New York Times, and see liberal pundits verbally attack white men for this or that.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/nation-now/2018/10/28/white-male-bashing-trend-dangerous-saritha-prabhu-column/1778385002/

Democrats, the party of full-blown anti-white racism, socialism, infanticide, opposition to free speech, substituting illegal alien voters for the American citizenry, and anti-Semitism… the knuckle-dragging, atavistic pagan party….is the party of lies.
If there was no planned out southern strategy, it’s amazing how it just unfolded naturally the way it did, and it reflects even more poorly on the deep south yokels of the country.

They sure were racist….those Republicans!

Let’s check on that racist Southern Strategy:

1. Let’s see what Nixon did as examples of their “Republican-racist tilt:”
    1. As president of the Senate, Nixon strongly supported civil rights, specifically the 1957 civil rights act, issuing an advisory opinion that a filibuster could be stopped with a simple majority, thereby changing Senate rules. Congressional Record, Volume 157 Issue 12 (Thursday, January 27, 2011)
    2. “During the 1966 campaign, Nixon was personally thanked by Dr. King for his help in passing the Civil Rights Act of 1957http://www.nbra.info/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#Nixon_s_Southern_Strategy_Was_Not_A_Racist_Appeal
    3. Between 1969 and 1974, Nixon raised the civil rights enforcement budget 800 percent, and
    4. doubled the budget for black colleges;
    5. appointed more blacks to federal posts and high positions than any president, including LBJ;
    6. adopted the Philadelphia Plan mandating quotas for blacks in unions,
    7. and for black scholars in colleges and universities;
    8. invented "Black Capitalism" (the Office of Minority Business Enterprise),
    9. raised U.S. purchases from black businesses from $9 million to $153 million,
    10. increased small business loans to minorities 1,000 percent,
    11. increased U.S. deposits in minority-owned banks 4,000 percent;
    12. raised the share of Southern schools that were desegregated from 10 percent to 70 percent.
    13. This was written by the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights in 1975, "It has only been since 1968 that substantial reduction of racial segregation has taken place in the South."
    14. Unlike the empty talk of the prior, Democrat, administration, between Nixon’s election in ’68 and the end of his second year in office, in ’70, black students attending all-black schools in the South declined from 68% to 18.4%, and the percentage of black students attending majority white schools went from 18.4% to 38.1%. Conrad Black, “The Invincible Quest: The Life of Richard Milhous Nixon,” p. 647.
How could racists resist voting for this??????

1.Having no way to hide the stain of their history the Democrats, doing what they do best, lie about the other side, as an attempt to mitigate and obfuscate the Democrat record.

We’ve all seen the inveterate ersatz liars, here on the board, claim that there was some sort of reversal of the two parties, the Republican Party, created to fight slavery, and the Democrats, assiduously striving to make certain that racism remains in America, switched views. Never happened.

“Everyone knows that race has long played a decisive role in Southern electoral politics. From the end of Reconstruction until the beginning of the civil rights era, the story goes, the national Democratic Party made room for segregationist members — and as a result dominated the South. But in the 50s and 60s, Democrats embraced the civil rights movement, costing them the white Southern vote. Meanwhile, the Republican Party successfully wooed disaffected white racists with a “Southern strategy” that championed “states’ rights.”

It’s an easy story to believe, but this year two political scientists called it into question.” The Myth of ‘the Southern Strategy’ The Myth of ‘the Southern Strategy’

3. Ownership of mandated government schooling has allowed the lie to persist, and be embedded in the minds of the lazy and the gullible. In actuality, there are may sources of research that would show the very opposite, and indict the Democrat Party as it should.

“…the Democratic record is hardly anything to be proud of. The first modern progressive Democrat, Woodrow Wilson, was a horrible racist who did everything in his power to strengthen Jim Crow in the federal government and leave it alone in the states despite his usual preference for expanding federal power.

…the Democratic Party’s approach to racial and ethnic politics has not really changed all that much since the 1830s; it’s just calibrated to a different audience.” The Southern Strategy Myth and the Lost Majority

4. Our Democrat colleagues, government school grads, are unfortunately illiterate. For a laugh, ask any to name a few books that have informed their views.
They are unaware that Orwell identified them in 1984 as simply accepting government propaganda of which entity with whom they are ‘always’ at war.

“…the ongoing war between the three superstates of Oceania, Eurasia, and Eastasia…
At the start of the book, Oceania is at war with Eurasia. They have always been at war with Eurasia. That's the political consensus, and all historic documents agree. However, Winston Smith (the protagonist) remembers a time five years ago when Oceania was instead at war with Eastasia. Winston Smith struggles with philosophical idea of "truth". Which is more true, what everyone knows and what's in the newspapers, or the memories within his head?”

The Democrats, since the origin of the nation, have been intensely biased against blacks. Now, an new stratagem designed to accrue votes of other groups....

…bashing straight white men, especially of the conservative kind, is very fashionable these days. You seemingly can’t escape it — you switch on cable TV, or "The View", read The Washington Post or The New York Times, and see liberal pundits verbally attack white men for this or that.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/nation-now/2018/10/28/white-male-bashing-trend-dangerous-saritha-prabhu-column/1778385002/

Democrats, the party of full-blown anti-white racism, socialism, infanticide, opposition to free speech, substituting illegal alien voters for the American citizenry, and anti-Semitism… the knuckle-dragging, atavistic pagan party….is the party of lies.
Wow. Hard act to follow. I always thought Republicans were conservatives and wanted to keep the status quo. I thought Democrats were progressives who pushed new ideas. Some long standing ideas need changing, so we need Democrats. Some new ideas are bad or crazy so we need Republicans. Hence, I am an Independent. God save the King!

Wow. Hard act to follow. I always thought Republicans were conservatives and wanted to keep the status quo. I thought Democrats were progressives who pushed new ideas. Some long standing ideas need changing, so we need Democrats. Some new ideas are bad or crazy so we need Republicans. Hence, I am an Independent. God save the King!

What possible objection could you have to what conservatives.....and our Founders.....stand for:

Individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

The Democrats, a very different view:
the collective, command and control regulation of private industry, and overarching government that can order every aspect of the private citizen's life....right down to control of his thoughts and speech.

But, now I have one more post in this thread.

13. And, to finally put to death the fake “Southern Strategy Myth,”……

1. Goldwater went on to win five southern states in 1964: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina. But he lost eight.
  2. Democrats build the ‘southern strategy’ tale on the fact that the same states voted for ‘Dixiecrat’ Strom Thurmond in 1948 (less Georgia).
  3. Except that Nixon and Reagan lost, or almost lost the same states in ’68 and ’80…
  4. And Jimmy Carter and Clinton did pretty well in those states in ’76 and ’92.
  5. And the Goldwater states went right back to voting Democrat for decades…

14.So…if Republicans were racists and got racist southerners to vote for them, how to explain this: Republicans always did best in the southern states that Goldwater lost, which happened to be the same ones Republicans had been winning with some regularity since 1928.

a.In ’28, ’52, ’56, and ’60, Republicans generally won Virginia, Florida, Texas, Kentucky and sometimes North Carolina or Louisiana. Did you notice that those years were before 1964?

b.Four years after Goldwater, the segregationist vote went right back to Democrats: Humphrey got half of Wallace’s supporters on election day. Nixon got none of ‘em. “When the '68 campaign began, Nixon was at 42 percent, Humphrey at 29 percent, Wallace at 22 percent. When it ended, Nixon and Humphrey were tied at 43 percent, with Wallace at 13 percent. The 9 percent of the national vote that had been peeled off from Wallace had gone to Humphrey.” The neocons & Nixon's southern strategy

c.In ’76, Carter swept the South. Was Carter appealing to bigots….or is that only the case when Republicans win the South?

15.Reagan lost or barely won the Goldwater states…but Reagan won among young southern voters- but lost among seniors, those who has voted in ’48 and ’64. That meant that the segregationists never abandoned the Democrats: eventually they died or were outvoted by younger voters. Nope…after Thurmond’s run, the Dixiecrats went right back to voting for Democrats for another half century.

16. In writing about McGovern and Wallace, liberal luminary, Arthur Schlesinger, actually referred to Wallace voters as responding to their candidate’s “integrity”! “The primaries themselves, especially the success of McGovern and Wallace, provide the best evidence for the proposition that voters in 1972 care less about a candidate's stand on particular issues than they do about the candidate's integrity,…” How McGovern Will Win

• McGovern gave a tip-of-the-hat to the segregationist Wallace in his acceptance speech at the Democrat Convention. That was the exact midpoint between Goldwater and Reagan. So…what of the imaginary “southern strategy” where the Republicans were supposed to have a plan to appeal to racists?
  • Democrat McGovern: “And I was as moved as well by the appearance in the Convention Hall of the Governor of Alabama, George Wallace. … Governor, we pray for your full recovery so you can stand up and speak out for all of those who see you as their champion.” ACCEPTANCE SPEECH OF SENATOR GEORGE MCGOVERN

And ha, the entire south didn't vote Republican in 1964

73741-004-4B1EE88C.jpg

What possible objection could you have to what conservatives.....and our Founders.....stand for:

the collective, command and control regulation of private industry, and overarching government that can order every aspect of the private citizen's life....right down to control of his thoughts and speech.

STATEMENT: "What possible objection could you have to what conservatives.....and our Founders.....stand for:

RESPONSE: Is English your native language?

Are you equating our Founders with Conservatives?

Are suggesting conservatives and the Founders have some other nexus?

For the Record, the Founders were not supporting the status quo, they were rebels, they declared their independence from the King; those who didn't, the loyalists, were the conservatives.

And ha, the entire south didn't vote Republican in 1964

View attachment 262867

73742-004-4209428D.jpg
and

At the start of the book, Oceania is at war with Eurasia. They have always been at war with Eurasia. That's the political consensus, and all historic documents agree. However, Winston Smith (the protagonist) remembers a time five years ago when
Oceania was instead at war with Eastasia. Winston Smith struggles with philosophical idea of "truth". Which is more true, what everyone knows and what's in the newspapers, or the memories within his head?”

STATEMENT: "What possible objection could you have to what conservatives.....and our Founders.....stand for:

RESPONSE: Is English your native language?

Are you equating our Founders with Conservatives?

Are suggesting conservatives and the Founders have some other nexus?

For the Record, the Founders were not supporting the status quo, they were rebels, they declared their independence from the King; those who didn't, the loyalists, were the conservatives.

And they supported Negro slaves, against giving the women the right to vote...

Oops you didn't want to post that, we all know liberals own black slaves today

Forum List

Back