The myth of the so called "southern strategy" brought about by leftist propagandists.

It wasn't bush..it was an outside group.....and was the story true or not>

Please....did willy horton do what the ad stated?

Be brave.....answer this question....

I voted for Michael Dukakis in the 1988 Democrat primary. By the general election Lee Atwater convinced me that I did not want a president who let a convicted murderer serving a life without parole sentence out on a weekend furlough. Lee Atwater also convinced me that I did not want a member of the ACLU as president. The Willie Horton adds were not dirty politics. They articulated legitimate political issues.

The Willie Horton adds were condemned as "dog whistle politics." Dog whistles and code words should not be necessary. We should be able to speak candidly about the fact that two generations after the civil rights legislation was signed and the War on Poverty was declared, blacks still have a murder rate that is eight times the white rate.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

In 1988 I did not vote for president. I liked Bush I, and I liked the way that in 1980 he labeled Ronald Reagan's scam economic policies as "Voodoo Economics." When Reagan offered Bush a position as his running made Bush ignored his principles, and ran as Vice President.

Irrelevant, he’s in prison. This is about the Republicans deliberately stoking racial animosity.
Why is there so much racial animosity to stroke? Is it because of ignorant prejudice, or legitimate concerns about durable racial differences in crime rates?

I voted for Michael Dukakis in the 1988 Democrat primary. By the general election Lee Atwater convinced me that I did not want a president who let a convicted murderer serving a life without parole sentence out on a weekend furlough. Lee Atwater also convinced me that I did not want a member of the ACLU as president. The Willie Horton adds were not dirty politics. They articulated legitimate political issues.

The Willie Horton adds were condemned as "dog whistle politics." Dog whistles and code words should not be necessary. We should be able to speak candidly about the fact that two generations after the civil rights legislation was signed and the War on Poverty was declared, blacks still have a murder rate that is eight times the white rate.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

In 1988 I did not vote for president. I liked Bush I, and I liked the way that in 1980 he labeled Ronald Reagan's scam economic policies as "Voodoo Economics." When Reagan offered Bush a position as his running made Bush ignored his principles, and ran as Vice President.
Whenever someone brings up facts to a dembot, they yell racism, or some sort of -ism

utter BS about the democrats in the all of sudden switching parties
It is utter BS. The Democrats in the South that voted against the Civil Rights bill were returned over and over to Congress because their constituents continued to support them. It wasn't until they started retiring from Congress that Republicans were able to convince the constituents to vote for their party instead. It took decades as there was no sudden switching of parties. Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton did well in the South didn't they.

If he originally listened to the police, he would be alive. Also he robbed a pregnant woman at gun point, holding the gun to her stomach. While his buddies robbed her. He should've been in jail.

So, anyone who does not follow instructions deserves to die

It is utter BS. The Democrats in the South that voted against the Civil Rights bill were returned over and over to Congress because their constituents continued to support them. It wasn't until they started retiring from Congress that Republicans were able to convince the constituents to vote for their party instead. It took decades as there was no sudden switching of parties. Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton did well in the South didn't they.

After the Civil Rights bill in 1965, the South went for Third Party Candidate George Wallace instead of Democrat Hubert Humphrey……cost Humphrey the White House
Carter and Clinton did well in the South because they were from the South

So the change occurred because of the Civil Rights in the 1950's and 1960's?
Why then did Black support for the democrat party occur much earlier?

Blacks elected to Congress were all Republican until the year 1935.

After that, they were all democrat

So as we see, the Left lies to us once again

Shocking, I know.

As a side note, Eisenhower is the first to introduce Civil Right legislation, but children never learn about this in democrat controlled schools.
Blacks began voting Democratic under FDR
The South was always solid Democratic

That changed once the Civil Rights Act passed

After the Civil Rights bill in 1965, the South went for Third Party Candidate George Wallace instead of Democrat Hubert Humphrey……cost Humphrey the White House
I think the South might have gone for Kennedy, but he got killed.

Yes, wonderful lesson and whenever these blowhards on the left repeat marxist cliches and utter BS about the democrats in the all of sudden switching parties, listen to the truth and counter it with facts.

Not that that would mean much to these contaminated thoroughly dd.moralized leftists around, you can at least have the actual facts.
"The myth"? Talk about gaslighting.... :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301::auiqs.jpg::laughing0301:

During the 1968 primary the only Democrat candidate who was ever ahead of Nixon in the polls was Humphrey. This was not obvious at the time because Humphrey entered the race too late to run in any of the Democrat primaries.

1968 was a Republican year because of the five years of black ghetto riots and the disruptive behavior of many anti war demonstrators. I was in the anti war movement myself. Nevertheless, waving the Viet Cong flag and chanting, "Ho, Ho, Ho Chi Minh. The NLF is sure to run." was not the way to win supporters for the anti war movement.

If Wallace had not run, Nixon would have won decisively, like he did in 1972 (despite my vote for George McGovern).

Wallace continued to run for president as a dem…twice after that 1968 race. He was successful in the south because he was southern and a dem and the dems continued to have their oppressive tactics in place to suppress voters from voting for someone else

The South ended up going for Goldwater in 1964
Kennedy was in Dallas to solidify the Texas vote

The last words he heard were…….Texas sure does love you Mr President

the video
The South ended up going for Goldwater in 1964
Kennedy was in Dallas to solidify the Texas vote

The last words he heard were…….Texas sure does love you Mr President
That would be the Barry Goldwater who voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and is the founder of modern Republican conservatism, right?

I watched it happen with my own eyes which is why Repubs fly the Confederate flags.
Everyone of my Old Grayhair Democrat Family in the South remained Democrats until they died ( Like Robert Byrd (D) & William Fulbright ( D) Bill Clinton’s Primary Mentor

the demaklan has never embraced civil rights

and you are right, the republicans have always embraced US history and always will…the demaklan loves to erase it
To this day

The Southern Strategy worked as the once solid Democratic South is now solid Republican

Republicans exploited Democratic support for Civil Rights to turn voters Republican.
The Southern Strategy was simply an informative movement to show people just how hateful and racist Democrats were. Once the obvious was noted, intelligent people started voting Republican. Sadly the Democrat party is still racist and hateful.

Forum List

Back