The Multiverse????

Many in the Gaaawd Squad claim that faith in religion is equal to faith in science.

Just that very concept as stunning in it's ignorance goes to the core of the problem with the thinking process of religists.

Most of the scientific theories can be tested against real evidence. NONE of the religious faith can be verified. There is no emperical evidence with which to substantiate religious faith.

The desire to equate the two worlds is completely one sided.

I have yet to see where it is written that a scientist or one that follows scientific methods desires that faith in science be equated to faith in religion, god, Jesus or any religious study.

There is no "argument or discussion" on this. It takes two to maintain a discussion or an argument and it is ONLY those of religious interest that maintain there is or should be equality of faith in the two worlds.

What it boils down to is basic ability to think clearly. AKA intelligence. A person that has a higher ability to process information can understand what it is like to NOT be able to use their mind well. This happens when an intelligent person is drunk or impaired by medication. A person that has a brain that is less able to process information can NEVER know what it feels like to be an exceptionally intelligent person. On that person's best day they may still not get it.

Someone like PC WANTS to believe that we are all playing on the same even field intellectually. We are not. It is really THAT simple. As much as she would LIKE to believe that her thinking process is on par with everyone else it is just not true.

Stubbornness and persistence is not the path to clearer thinking. It may help build muscles that help her perform some physical tasks better but it will not help make her brain give her better solutions.

Unfortunately some people really MUST take others "word for it" when they struggle to find what others find obvious. Equally unfortunate is that some people that have a difficult time finding the best answers on their own choose the wrong source for information. They simply just do not know any better. These people have put their trust in bad information.

Personally I find the number of people that make it through respectable colleges with degrees amusing, simply by repeating information back to their professors and getting good grades in that fashion. That is not saying that these individuals did not work hard and learn and take notes well to get these good grades. It still often is assumed by these gifted "note takers" that they are smart. Often that is not the case.

Last edited:
I detect that you have begin to sense your defeat.

Let's remind all.....what you call 'science' is no different from what other folks call religion.

There is no laboratory proof of God's existence.....

But neither is there any proof of:

The mulitiverse theory
String theory
The HIggs boson
The universe created out of nothing.

You can obfuscate all you like, about me, about how I choose to post factual material, but the truth is exactly what I wrote above.
There is no proof of any of those 'beliefs.'

Clearly, I understand science far better than you do.

I have detected that you lack basic knowledge of science. You are not qualified to start a thread in science and technology section. You do not even have rudimentary sense to know the difference between science and religion. What you are attempting to discuss can only be characterized as religion. There is nothing wrong with that though but you should take that discussion to religion section. My annoyance with you is that you are spamming science and technology section with your religious beliefs.

"I have detected that you lack basic knowledge of science."

Now...you know that's a lie.

What you found is that you are unable to honestly respond to the logic of my point.

BTW....I'm more versed in science than you.

And, proof that you've been embarrassed to the point that you feel the need to lie is that you wrote....
"My annoyance with you is that you are spamming science and technology section with your religious beliefs."

....let's see you quote where I provided any of my religious beliefs in the whole thread.

If you cannot.......you've established my veracity and your deceit.

That was easy, huh?

The entire premise of this thread is a foolish attempt to establish that theoretical physics is a faith based discipline just like the religion you subscribe to. This is complete nonsense. And, to aggravate the issue further, your written communication skill is virtually nonexistent. You construct meaningless incoherent posts by copying and pasting articles from portals that lack credibility and are known for promoting religious fundamentalism.

I have nothing against your religion as long as you keep the discussion in the religious section but you love to spam in science & technology and that I consider nothing but an attempt to proselytize people. In order to discuss science and technology, at minimum, you need the ability to communicate. You need to start there first before you can embark on discussing M-theory. M-theory is way above your head for the time being.

I nailed you in post #175, exposing the fact that you lie.

From same:

And, proof that you've been embarrassed to the point that you feel the need to lie is that you wrote....
"My annoyance with you is that you are spamming science and technology section with your religious beliefs."

....let's see you quote where I provided any of my religious beliefs in the whole thread.

So....the current post is essentially an admission that you are a lying sack of sewage.

Your real disagreement is that you recognize that I understand science to a far greater extent than you do.

Go back and start reading from the beginning of this thread. You have in numerous posts alluded that theoretical physics is a faith based discipline just like the religion (you subscribe to). I do not have time to be rereading the garbage you have posted.

This is the third time I've challenged you to support your lie..."My annoyance with you is that you are spamming science and technology section with your religious beliefs."

Come back when you are prepared to apologize for being a lying sack of sewage, and beg forgiveness.

Many in the Gaaawd Squad claim that faith in religion is equal to faith in science.

Just that very concept as stunning in it's ignorance goes to the core of the problem with the thinking process of religists.
Answer me this Religiphobe: Is the Big Bang Theory "settled science" or is it just a theory? A "belief"?

(30 seconds)

Answer me this Religiphobe: Is the Big Bang Theory "settled science" or is it just a theory? A "belief"?

(30 seconds)

I believe that the evidence is clear that at some point in time all the matter that we know of minus the space between electrons, neutrons and protons in each atom could have been about the size of a beach ball.

Things get a little fuzzy as to how this beach ball expanded to what is now our universe. I haven't heard of any serious scientist dispute the above description of just before "the bang" and what we observe today.

Is the above information a theory? Well, the experiment to replicate the event will never happen. In that narrow sense since it cannot be proven, yes, it is still a theory. Is it a theory like "god created the heaven and earth"? No it is not. That is pure speculation put in place by those needing a fact to explain the Christian and Jewish bibles.

Many millions of people choose to believe this pure theory. That popularity alone makes in no more true than if one person saw these events in a dream and scribbled it down.

Playing word games to make claims that a theory is a theory and until replicated all are the same suggesting equal status can be ignorant or purely dishonest.

Playing word games with silly name calling adds nothing to the religist's argument. I resist all lies. I resist all make believe. The Big Bang is almost entirely if not wholly 100% factual. The myths of Gods is zero % true based on the complete lack of facts supporting those theories.

I have detected that you lack basic knowledge of science. You are not qualified to start a thread in science and technology section. You do not even have rudimentary sense to know the difference between science and religion. What you are attempting to discuss can only be characterized as religion. There is nothing wrong with that though but you should take that discussion to religion section. My annoyance with you is that you are spamming science and technology section with your religious beliefs.

What you found is that you are unable to honestly respond to the logic of my point.

That was easy, huh?

The entire premise of this thread is a foolish attempt to establish that theoretical physics is a faith based discipline just like the religion you subscribe to. This is complete nonsense. And, to aggravate the issue further, your written communication skill is virtually nonexistent. You construct meaningless incoherent posts by copying and pasting articles from portals that lack credibility and are known for promoting religious fundamentalism.

I have nothing against your religion as long as you keep the discussion in the religious section but you love to spam in science & technology and that I consider nothing but an attempt to proselytize people. In order to discuss science and technology, at minimum, you need the ability to communicate. You need to start there first before you can embark on discussing M-theory. M-theory is way above your head for the time being.

From same:

So....the current post is essentially an admission that you are a lying sack of sewage.

Your real disagreement is that you recognize that I understand science to a far greater extent than you do.

Go back and start reading from the beginning of this thread. You have in numerous posts alluded that theoretical physics is a faith based discipline just like the religion (you subscribe to). I do not have time to be rereading the garbage you have posted.

This is the third time I've challenged you to support your lie..."My annoyance with you is that you are spamming science and technology section with your religious beliefs."

Come back when you are prepared to apologize for being a lying sack of sewage, and beg forgiveness.

You are an uncivilized savage who has added nothing of any value to your own thread. Your obnoxious attitude coupled with your lack of communication skills has spiraled this thread into nothing but a name calling festival. Your urgency should be directed towards learning to communicate effectively first. Get some education. Lean tools like abstract algebra, non commutative geometry, etc. for they are your eyes and ears when you venture into the wold that spans more than 4D.

1. What the heck has happened to science??

I mean real science, the kind that is based on testable ideas, with real data, reproducible experimental results....i.e., the vaunted Scientific Method?

Prologue;
Since the Enlightenment, the attempt has been made to replace religion with science, and the view that mankind can explain, and, ultimately replace, God and religion. In actuality,the faith and belief that was once invested in religion is now, in the same way and to the same degree, in what we call 'science.'

Whatever comes out of the mouths.....computers.....of scientists is given the same acceptance as was once attributed to the utterances of priests.

You know, there are more working 'scientists' today than the total of all of 'em in earlier times....so, perhaps the glut, the overabundance, has done to intelligent exploration just as the government's working the monetary printing presses overtime has done to the value of money.

Science today suffers from inflation.

How else to explain the nonsense that passes for science today?

2. Case in point: at one time, science endeavored to discover the laws that explain our world, our universe, and how it came into existence. Science, today, seems content to accept every crackpot view with a thoughtful look and sincere stroking of one's chin, as though it actually made sense.

a. "The multiverse (or meta-universe) is the hypothetical set of infinite or finite possible universes (including the historical universe we consistently experience) that together comprise everything that exists and can exist: the entirety of space, time, matter, and energy as well as the physical laws and constants that describe them."
Multiverse - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

3. Brian Greene, "an American theoretical physicist and string theorist. He has been a professor at Columbia University since 1996 and chairman of the World Science Festival since co-founding it in 2008. (Brian Greene - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia"

"The Hidden Reality is a book by Brian Greene published in 2011 which explores the concept of the multiverse and the possibility of parallel universes. It has been nominated for the Royal Society Winton Prize for Science Books for 2012.
(The Hidden Reality - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia"

a. From an Amazon review of the book:
"...on the state of post-relativistic physics and cosmology as it is currently accepted by the majority of the academic physics community.
That is just the problem. None of string theory may be true at all. There has been no experimental verification of any of the elements of mathematically based string theory after 30 years or so of work, and, in fact, the theory may not even be "falsifiable." That is, it appears not to be subject to the rigors of the experimental scientific method, although the string theorists hope that with higher energy colliders and the like it may, someday, be testable."
Amazon.com Customer Reviews The Hidden Reality Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos

4. Science today.
Well, OK....'scientists' have to make a living, too. But there are dunces who not only accept this nonsense, but they try to use this kind of ordure as an attack on religion. You can see an interview with Greene about this book, here: Book Discussion Hidden Reality Video C-SPAN.org

Asked to elaborate about the multiverse theory, or about any experimental proof, the professor would say "the math tells us so, and I believe the math." Faith in a new religion.

a. Dr. Berlinski points out the absurdity of using the new religion of 'science' in hypothetical mathematics, and using it to attack religion:

"Quantum cosmology is a branch of mathematical metaphysics that provides no cause for the emergence of the universe, the ‘how,’ nor reason thereof, the ‘why.’ If the mystification induced by its mathematics were removed from the subject, what remains would appear remarkably similar to the various creation myths in which the origin of the universe is attributed to sexual congress between primordial deities."
David Berlinski, "The Devil's Delusion," chapter five.

So.....how many scientists can dance on the head of a pin??
The cosmos is everything in and beyond our universe. Can you imagine an infinite cosmos? See I dont say universe because we are just a pea or grain of sand in our entire universe because it is huge. But its only 13 billion years old. And it will only last about another 100 billion years. But eventually every star in our universe will die. So what? What about all the other universes being born every day a google distance from our universe or the universe beyond that? An infinite distance. Unimaginable unthinkable but probable. Were in a big lava lamp.

That was easy, huh?

From same:

You are an uncivilized savage who has added nothing of any value to your own thread. Your obnoxious attitude coupled with your lack of communication skills has spiraled this thread into nothing but a name calling festival. Your urgency should be directed towards learning to communicate effectively first. Get some education. Lean tools like abstract algebra, non commutative geometry, etc. for they are your eyes and ears when you venture into the wold that spans more than 4D.

Do you really imagine that you are going to get away with lying about me, about my posts?

Wrong.

Obviously you lied, I posited no religious beliefs.....but proved.....PROVED....that your so-called beliefs are religious...and are based on faith alone.
I love rubbing your face in it.....and you lie in response to losing.

You have been exposed as a lying sewer rat.

I mean real science, the kind that is based on testable ideas, with real data, reproducible experimental results....i.e., the vaunted Scientific Method?

Prologue;
Since the Enlightenment, the attempt has been made to replace religion with science, and the view that mankind can explain, and, ultimately replace, God and religion. In actuality,the faith and belief that was once invested in religion is now, in the same way and to the same degree, in what we call 'science.'

Whatever comes out of the mouths.....computers.....of scientists is given the same acceptance as was once attributed to the utterances of priests.

You know, there are more working 'scientists' today than the total of all of 'em in earlier times....so, perhaps the glut, the overabundance, has done to intelligent exploration just as the government's working the monetary printing presses overtime has done to the value of money.

2. Case in point: at one time, science endeavored to discover the laws that explain our world, our universe, and how it came into existence. Science, today, seems content to accept every crackpot view with a thoughtful look and sincere stroking of one's chin, as though it actually made sense.

a. "The multiverse (or meta-universe) is the hypothetical set of infinite or finite possible universes (including the historical universe we consistently experience) that together comprise everything that exists and can exist: the entirety of space, time, matter, and energy as well as the physical laws and constants that describe them."

3. Brian Greene, "an American theoretical physicist and string theorist. He has been a professor at Columbia University since 1996 and chairman of the World Science Festival since co-founding it in 2008. (Brian Greene - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia"

"The Hidden Reality is a book by Brian Greene published in 2011 which explores the concept of the multiverse and the possibility of parallel universes. It has been nominated for the Royal Society Winton Prize for Science Books for 2012.

"...on the state of post-relativistic physics and cosmology as it is currently accepted by the majority of the academic physics community.
That is just the problem. None of string theory may be true at all. There has been no experimental verification of any of the elements of mathematically based string theory after 30 years or so of work, and, in fact, the theory may not even be "falsifiable." That is, it appears not to be subject to the rigors of the experimental scientific method, although the string theorists hope that with higher energy colliders and the like it may, someday, be testable."
Amazon.com Customer Reviews The Hidden Reality Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos

4. Science today.
Well, OK....'scientists' have to make a living, too. But there are dunces who not only accept this nonsense, but they try to use this kind of ordure as an attack on religion. You can see an interview with Greene about this book, here: Book Discussion Hidden Reality Video C-SPAN.org

Asked to elaborate about the multiverse theory, or about any experimental proof, the professor would say "the math tells us so, and I believe the math." Faith in a new religion.

a. Dr. Berlinski points out the absurdity of using the new religion of 'science' in hypothetical mathematics, and using it to attack religion:

"Quantum cosmology is a branch of mathematical metaphysics that provides no cause for the emergence of the universe, the ‘how,’ nor reason thereof, the ‘why.’ If the mystification induced by its mathematics were removed from the subject, what remains would appear remarkably similar to the various creation myths in which the origin of the universe is attributed to sexual congress between primordial deities."

The cosmos is everything in and beyond our universe. Can you imagine an infinite cosmos? See I dont say universe because we are just a pea or grain of sand in our entire universe because it is huge. But its only 13 billion years old. And it will only last about another 100 billion years. But eventually every star in our universe will die. So what? What about all the other universes being born every day a google distance from our universe or the universe beyond that? An infinite distance. Unimaginable unthinkable but probable. Were in a big lava lamp.

So sad that you are clueless to the fact that your well-composed post has nothing....absolutely nothing to do with my OP...the one to which you linked and, supposedly, responding to.

Maybe a nice poem next time?

Thanks for dropping by.

From same:

Do you really imagine that you are going to get away with lying about me, about my posts?

Wrong.

Obviously you lied, I posited no religious beliefs.....but proved.....PROVED....that your so-called beliefs are religious...and are based on faith alone.
I love rubbing your face in it.....and you lie in response to losing.

You have been exposed as a lying sewer rat.

"Do you really imagine that you are going to get away with lying about me, about my posts?"
More evidence about the misplaced anger management from the Korean.

Agree with me or die you Yankee scum!

PC's true secret love interest! :

upload_2015-4-10_14-41-20.jpeg

Prologue;

4. Science today.

So sad that you are clueless to the fact that your well-composed post has nothing....absolutely nothing to do with my OP...the one to which you linked and, supposedly, responding to.

Thanks for dropping by.

The major issue here is that your posts have nothing to do with science for obvious reasons.

Prologue;

4. Science today.

Thanks for dropping by.

The major issue here is that your posts have nothing to do with science for obvious reasons.

I agree. Their motivation is desperation. Scientists are not on the run. The religists are. Threads like this are the verbal IEDs left in the road of information attempting to prove these people are good little religists that will say just about anything to keep their one sided debate alive. Their cause is lost and only those blinded by snake oil salesmen persist. All they have to offer has been disproved and reduced to myth.

Notice something? No scientists are on this debate. There is nothing for them to defend. The facts are clear and no amount of name calling can change them.

Prologue;

4. Science today.

Thanks for dropping by.

Actually, your dishonesty is your major issue.

Bet everyone who knows you recognizes that.

Prologue;

4. Science today.

Thanks for dropping by.

I don't think anyone here cares what you think is a major issue, when you have been caught lying repeatedly. Credibility matters a ton when you want to be taken seriously.

Prologue;

4. Science today.

Thanks for dropping by.

I don't think anyone here cares what you think is a major issue, when you have been caught lying repeatedly. Credibility matters a ton when you want to be taken seriously.

Thank you,

I hope you have the time to take a look at this thread...I plan to post it over the course of the day.

Science And What Science Isn t US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Prologue;

4. Science today.

Thanks for dropping by.

Credibility certainly matters, as does evidence. Those elements and a host of other relevant components of a supportable argument are what's missing from the silly ID'iot Creationist/Christian fundamentalist/religious loon argument.

Most of the scientific theories can be tested against real evidence. NONE of the religious faith can be verified. There is no emperical evidence with which to substantiate religious faith.

I have yet to see where it is written that a scientist or one that follows scientific methods desires that faith in science be equated to faith in religion, god, Jesus or any religious study.

There is no "argument or discussion" on this. It takes two to maintain a discussion or an argument and it is ONLY those of religious interest that maintain there is or should be equality of faith in the two worlds.

What it boils down to is basic ability to think clearly. AKA intelligence. A person that has a higher ability to process information can understand what it is like to NOT be able to use their mind well. This happens when an intelligent person is drunk or impaired by medication. A person that has a brain that is less able to process information can NEVER know what it feels like to be an exceptionally intelligent person. On that person's best day they may still not get it.

Someone like PC WANTS to believe that we are all playing on the same even field intellectually. We are not. It is really THAT simple. As much as she would LIKE to believe that her thinking process is on par with everyone else it is just not true.

Stubbornness and persistence is not the path to clearer thinking. It may help build muscles that help her perform some physical tasks better but it will not help make her brain give her better solutions.

Unfortunately some people really MUST take others "word for it" when they struggle to find what others find obvious. Equally unfortunate is that some people that have a difficult time finding the best answers on their own choose the wrong source for information. They simply just do not know any better. These people have put their trust in bad information.

Personally I find the number of people that make it through respectable colleges with degrees amusing, simply by repeating information back to their professors and getting good grades in that fashion. That is not saying that these individuals did not work hard and learn and take notes well to get these good grades. It still often is assumed by these gifted "note takers" that they are smart. Often that is not the case.

Remember someone can be brilliant in math science trivia or anything else and still believe in god. For the simple reasons like cognitive dissonance and wishful thinking.

And it seems to most people that even though we dont know, something must have created all this. So even people who dont believe the Abraham god is real they do believe in "something". Pretty vague but they simply choose to believe there is like we choose to believe there probably isnt. At least they stopped sacrificing people to their gods. But they do still kill in his name. Being a christian in the middle east will get you killed.

A lot of people dont realize they've been brainwashed since birth. Took me 30 plus years.

Prologue;

4. Science today.

Thanks for dropping by.

Credibility certainly matters, as does evidence. Those elements and a host of other relevant components of a supportable argument are what's missing from the silly ID'iot Creationist/Christian fundamentalist/religious loon argument.
The first christians were catholic right? At least that's what they say. The first pope was Peter? Anyways, if that's where the Jesus fairytale comes from no the have zero credibility. Every other christian is gullible for believing. Lutherans protestants baptists Presbyterian etc.

Dont just take my athiest word for it ask Jews Mormons and Muslims.

Prologue;

4. Science today.

Thanks for dropping by.

Actually, your dishonesty is your major issue.

Bet everyone who knows you recognizes that.

The very claim that you and your side has all the answers regarding our universe based on religious books written when the mankind was still in dark ages is the pinnacle of dishonesty.

Prologue;

4. Science today.

Thanks for dropping by.

The issue is not that I care what you think. The issue is you are playing tag team in here with that silly woman as your teammate. If arrival of new ideas like M-theory are making you lose sleep then it is time to consider subscribing to a new religion which will let you live your life.

Remember someone can be brilliant in math science trivia or anything else and still believe in god. For the simple reasons like cognitive dissonance and wishful thinking.

And it seems to most people that even though we dont know, something must have created all this. So even people who dont believe the Abraham god is real they do believe in "something". Pretty vague but they simply choose to believe there is like we choose to believe there probably isnt. At least they stopped sacrificing people to their gods. But they do still kill in his name. Being a christian in the middle east will get you killed.

A lot of people dont realize they've been brainwashed since birth. Took me 30 plus years.

For me it was amazingly simple. When I was 7 or so and sitting in church listening to the pastor speak of the Jesus and the miracles and such I would break out laughing. This kept happening and before I knew it my parents were asked to not bring me to church. Clever eh? Just simple honest children's laughter was all it took to get rid of those folks. They thought I was being punished. In truth I was set free from the nonsense.

Forum List

Back